DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Hogan was billed at 6'7 and was probably around 6'5 in reality. Injuries and age have taken more than a couple of inches from him.

Actually no. Gagne billed him at 6'8. During the early Andre feud, 6'10. In reality, according to the Hulkster himself, he is currently 6'3 due to spine issues. In other words, he's less than 6'3.

In other news, Daniel Bryan came home from ComicCon to seeing his house being burglarized. He caught one of 'em.

DAMMIT BRYAN REST THAT ARM/NECK OF YOURS!

...um. I mean.

(Hopefully he didn't hit a dropkick on them)

SCREW THAT, HE'S PROTECTING THE BUSINESS DAMMIT!

In other news, Daniel Bryan came home from ComicCon to seeing his house being burglarized. He caught one of 'em.

...um. I mean.

SCREW THAT, HE'S PROTECTING THE BUSINESS DAMMIT!

Watts would've fired him for not busting this guy up and letting the other one get away.

KNXVCesarSosa_1406320284853_7062892_ver1

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/wwe-star-daniel-bryan-stops-burglar-in-phoenix

It'd be funny if those guys knew they were breaking into a WWE Superstar's home thinking he'd have lots of valuables but they couldn't find anything but some books about composting.

• Like 6

I always remember Hogan being billed at 6'8" until the nWo started and he was paired with Hall who was listed at 6'7" and clearly a bit taller than Hulk, who was suddenly 6'6"

...um. I mean.

Well, he was an indy wrestler for 10+ years before he hit the WWE, so I doubt he tried to dropkick them.  More likely, he did what any good indy wrestler would - climb onto the roof and try to land an SSP on them as they came out the door.

• Like 5

It'd be funny if those guys knew they were breaking into a WWE Superstar's home thinking he'd have lots of valuables but they couldn't find anything but some books about composting.

He just got cable for the first time since he was 15!

• Like 2

That incident with DB could have had a completely different outcome. He is fortunate he did not get stabbed or shot. Also, imagine Brie's feelings at the time seeing her husband chase after the suspects not knowing if he would return intact.

He is notoriously frugal...wonder if it's time to move to a gated community?

I wonder if they knew Bryan (and the bella) were away at comicon to break in when no one was home.

About 7-8 years ago, iirc, people were breaking into the home of footballers who played at Anf1eld, while the team was away during champions league weeks.

http://www.prowrestling.net/article.php?Jeff-Jarrett-s-Global-Force-Wrestling-announces-latest-partnerships-38145

Global Force Wrestling issued the following press release to announce partnerships with several European promotions.

On the heels of partnership agreements with the top promotions in Japan and Mexico, Global Force Wrestling has formed an alliance with several of the top independent wrestling promotions throughout Europe, including the United Kingdom, Germany and Ireland.

Stepping forward to #JointheForce are Revolution Pro Wrestling (www.revolutionprowrestling.com, covering south of England), New Generation Wrestling (www.ngwuk.com, covering north of England), Premier British Wrestling (www.pbwwrestling.com, covering Scotland), Westside Xtreme Wrestling (www.wxw-wrestling.com, covering Germany) and Emerald Wrestling Promotions (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Emerald-Wrestling-Promotions/100651866652805, covering Ireland).

"If you look through the history of pro wrestling you'll find great talent from Europe woven throughout," Global Force Wrestling founder and CEO Jeff Jarrett said. "We put the word 'Global' in this new brand, and we meant it. We believe fans want a wrestling promotion that brings something new and exciting and will engage them at every turn, and that's what we're going to do."

Veteran wrestler Doug Williams, a multiple singles and tag team champion in his native England and in various U.S. promotions, has been instrumental in helping Global Force Wrestling put together this European alliance.

"I am very excited to be a part of the Force, and I really look forward to helping facilitate the relationships between GFW and these top independent wrestling promotions," Williams said. "The European style will bring something a little different to the table, just as the other partners will.I can't wait to see it all come together under one umbrella."

GFW announced its partnership with Mexico's AAA on April 29 and with New Japan Pro Wrestling on June 23.