DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I think she's good.  I don't.  Quite honestly I think most of the "divas" on the main roster suck to one degree or another (though AJ's not terrible and Brie has improved tremendously) so I don't know why you're singling Nattie out.

Yesterday I watched Raw from last week and its weird how King at one point admitted that fans dont want Batista in the main event during Batista's match and later on Heyman later on say Brock should be in one on either Orton or Batista's spot at WM.

If Punk is coming back before WM they need to just do Punk vs Brian even if it isnt for the title because I dont see who else would be the right guy for him to face unless he only agreed to return to face Sting. If Punk comes back and he gets booked against HHH than tried to work us.

My dream scenario, now that Punk has been off TV for a few weeks is to build a long term angle around it. Keep him off mania and do a Sting 1997 type deal. He was ousted by the authority, etc.

You give Punk the time off he wants while building up interest the whole time.

You have no idea how badly I want to see this, possibly even more so than when many were suggesting it during the summer after the pipebomb promo. I think it's been long enough now.

I think Punk's walkout will end up being a blessing in disguise. It has given them a second chance to make Punk just as hot as he was that summer vis a vis a reality based type angle. I really thought there was a lot of missed opportunities there, and this might be the right time for them to execute and capitalize on some of them.

Ultimately, if it were up to me, I'd have the main event tomorrow be a shot for Bryan to be added to Batista/Orton, and as Bryan is about to be screwed yet again, Punk runs through the crowd like Owen at DX IYH and helps him win. Sets up HHH-Punk and Bryan/Batista/Orton.

EDIT: Per my post below, "helps him win" should be "keeps him from losing" for example cutting off interference before it happens. That type of thing.

• Like 2

My dream scenario, now that Punk has been off TV for a few weeks is to build a long term angle around it. Keep him off mania and do a Sting 1997 type deal. He was ousted by the authority, etc.

You have no idea how badly I want to see this, possibly even more so than when many were suggesting it during the summer after the pipebomb promo. I think it's been long enough now.

I think Punk's walkout will end up being a blessing in disguise. It has given them a second chance to make Punk just as hot as he was that summer vis a vis a reality based type angle. I really thought there was a lot of missed opportunities there, and this might be the right time for them to execute and capitalize on some of them.

Ultimately, if it were up to me, I'd have the main event tomorrow be a shot for Bryan to be added to Batista/Orton, and as Bryan is about to be screwed yet again, Punk runs through the crowd like Owen at DX IYH and helps him win. Sets up HHH-Punk and Bryan/Batista/Orton.

Or maybe Bryan could win on his own?

• Like 1

Or maybe Bryan could win on his own?

You know, that's my bad, I phrased that wrong. Keeps him from losing, lets say. Cuts off some sort of interference before it even happens. I don't think that makes Bryan look weak at all. Something similar to what Austin's role in Foley's first WWF title win was. But without outright putting a lifeless Bryan on top for the win. Let Bryan hit the knee and all that.

I dreamed last night that Dusty Rhodes was assigned to me as a sort of "celebrity matchmaker" and he was trying to get me laid, except, in lieu of doing online profiles, setting up dates, arranging meetings with girls and giving me advice, he was just driving me around a busy neighborhood street in Anytown, USA, saying, "Whut about her? ... Shthe'th a nithe lookin' wo-man. ... Whoo-Wee! That'th a fine piethe of athth!" If I tried to find myself a lady-friend on my own, he'd get pissed that I was trying to get myself over. Then, the dream ended when we somehow ended up at my old high school cafeteria for lunch.

• Like 9

You know that if you follow Dusty you're always going to end up at a cafeteria rather than getting done whatever you were supposed to get done.

I think it's telling you that you have some bad influences in your life and you need to cut ties with someone.  Also you might want to consider working on your core a little.

• Like 2

i'm going to try and make money off of the concept of "Dusty Rhodes, matchmaker" now

"He made the matches for wrestling, now watch him make matches for men and women looking for love"

(that'll go better than a Kevin Sullivan Matchmaker show)

• Like 1

Babyfaces do not have "heat". Daniel Bryan does not have "heat" to steal or lose. Only heels have heat. The phrase "heel heat" is redundant and "babyface heat" is contradictory. There can be heat between two workers, as in legit heat. I was taught that to use the word "heat" in reference to a 'face brands you as a mark.

it's a smark's smark's world,

RAF

• Like 3

i'm going to try and make money off of the concept of "Dusty Rhodes, matchmaker" now

"He made the matches for wrestling, now watch him make matches for men and women looking for love"

(that'll go better than a Kevin Sullivan Matchmaker show)

Call it The Dusty Finish.

Don't know if it was posted anywhere on here, but TNA had two title changes in Tokyo yesterday:  The Bro Mans regained the Tag Titles from the Wolves and Seiya Sanada beat Sabin for the X-Division Title.

I only ever had one wrestling related dream.  For some reason they remade the Jackie Chan movie THE MEDALLION with Rey Mysterio and I was trying to explain to some people why we were all paying to go see it.

I had a dream because I watched the damn Hogan segment from Monday last night. I was at a Q+A with him and everyone else was smarky internet fans giving him crap and it was my turn to ask a question and I didn't have the heart to say anything bad to him so I said the nicest thing I could and shook his hand and then everyone walked away in disgust. 

• Like 1

Don't know if it was posted anywhere on here, but TNA had two title changes in Tokyo yesterday: The Bro Mans regained the Tag Titles from the Wolves and Seiya Sanada beat Sabin for the X-Division Title.

Did TNA realize that putting their Tag Titles on a team that had only recently been squashed onTV by the WWE's Developmental Tag Champs wasn't the best idea?

• Like 1