DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

i'd imagine that WWE action figures of Brock could exclude the Jimmy John's logo unless that somehow angers Jimmy John's.

So, looking around HistoryofWWE. Found this

WWF @ Milwaukee, WI - Bradley Center - March 24, 1990 (matinee)

WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan & the Big Bossman defeated WWF Tag Team Champions Andre the Giant & Haku in a non-title mach when Hogan pinned Haku with the legdrop

I'd guess that's the last time Hogan and Andre faced each other in a match. And it's pretty random since it came in a string of matches involving Hogan/Bossman facing Perfect/Genius or Hogan/Bossman facing the Powers of Pain.

I'm sure one of those "Hulk Hogan/Big Bossman" matches is on video somewhere and it might actually be an interesting pairing.

Same Milwaukee card had the Bushwhackers going over Perfect/Genius. They went down to Chicago and ran Hogan/Bossman-Hennig/Genius, hoping nobody would be the wiser.

Impossible. Hogan is on record stating that Andre died shortly after passing the torch at Wrestlemania III.

• Like 1

i'd imagine that WWE action figures of Brock could exclude the Jimmy John's logo unless that somehow angers Jimmy John's.

WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan & the Big Bossman defeated WWF Tag Team Champions Andre the Giant & Haku in a non-title mach when Hogan pinned Haku with the legdrop

I'd guess that's the last time Hogan and Andre faced each other in a match. And it's pretty random since it came in a string of matches involving Hogan/Bossman facing Perfect/Genius or Hogan/Bossman facing the Powers of Pain.

I'm sure one of those "Hulk Hogan/Big Bossman" matches is on video somewhere and it might actually be an interesting pairing.

Same Milwaukee card had the Bushwhackers going over Perfect/Genius. They went down to Chicago and ran Hogan/Bossman-Hennig/Genius, hoping nobody would be the wiser.

Impossible. Hogan is on record stating that Andre died shortly after passing the torch at Wrestlemania III.

Was that before or after his 480th match that year due to crossing over the international date line so many times?

Content listing for the upcoming "Wrestling's Greatest Factions" DVD released on May 27

Disc 1

*D-Generation X

Corporate Rumble for #30 spot in the Royal Rumble

D-Generation X vs The Corporation

RAW * January 11, 1999

*The Heenan Family

Bobby Heenan, King Kong Bundy, & Big John Studd vs. Big Machine, Super Machine, & Capt. Lou Albano

The Big Event * August 28, 1986

*Right to Censor

Right to Censor vs Too Cool & Rikishi

SummerSlam * August 27, 2000

*The Fabulous Freebirds

Elimination Match

The Fabulous Freebirds vs Iceman King Parsons & The Von Erichs (David & Kevin)

WCCW * May 13, 1983

*The Nexus

Elimination Match

The Nexus vs John Cena, Edge, Sheamus, Chris Jericho, & Randy Orton

RAW * August 30, 2010

*The Dangerous Alliance

Bobby Eaton & Steve Austin vs. Sting & Marcus Bagwell

WCW * January 18, 1992

*The Hart Foundation

Flag Match

Bret Hart, Owen Hart, & The British Bulldog vs Steve Austin, Dude Love, & The Undertaker

RAW * July 21, 1997

Disc 2

*The nWo

War Games Match

Team WCW (Diamond Dallas Page, Roddy Piper, & The Warrior) vs Team Hollywood (Hollywood Hogan, Bret Hart, & Stevie Ray) vs. Team Wolfpac (Kevin Nash, Sting, & Lex Luger)

Fall Brawl * September 13, 1998

*The Brood

The Brood vs The JOB Squad (Al Snow, Bob Holly, & Scorpio)

Rock Bottom * December 13, 1998

*Million Dollar Corporation

Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match

Million Dollar Team (Bam Bam Bigelow, King Kong Bundy, Tatanka, & The Heavenly Bodies) vs Guts and Glory (Adam Bomb, Lex Luger, Mable, & The Smoking Gunns)

Survivor Series * November 23, 1994

*Nation of Domination

Owen Hart, Kama Mustafa, & D'Lo Brown vs. Triple H & The New Age Outlaws

Over the Edge * May 31, 1998

*Blue World Order

Big Stevie Cool vs. Axl Rotten

ECW Hardcore TV * January 7, 1997

*The Corporation

Corporate Gauntlet Match

Steve Austin vs. The Corporation

RAW * February 13, 1999

Disc 3

*Evolution

Elimination Match

Evolution (Triple H, Ric Flair, & Randy Orton) vs The Dudleyz

RAW * July 14, 2003

*The Oddities

Kurrgan & Golga vs. Too Much

Shotgun Saturday Night * October 17, 1998

*The Triple Threat

Shane Douglas & Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Rob Van Dam & Sabu

ECW Cyberslam * February 21, 1998

*Legacy

Legacy vs Triple H, Batista, & Shane McMahon

Backlash * April 27, 2009

*Dungeon of Doom

War Games Match

The Hulkamaniacs (Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Lex Luger, & Sting) vs. The Dungeon of Doom (Kamala, The Zodiac, The Shark, & Meng)

Fall Brawl * September 17, 1995

*Straight Edge Society

Handicap Match

The Big Show vs The Straight Edge Society (CM Punk, Luke Gallows, & Joey Mercury)

SummerSlam * August 15, 2010

*The Four Horsemen

Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, & Tully Blanchard vs. Barry Windham, Lex Luger, & Sting

NWA Main Event * April 3, 1988

This matchlist is absolutely horrible, especially given the theme. Just wretched.

Right to Censor and the Oddities included? Terrible. Where's the Karachi Vice????

Was that before or after his 480th match that year due to crossing over the international date line so many times?

It had to be after the Undertaker dropped him on his head, because that happened in 1974.

• Like 1

Another one of the awesome HHH Fireside Chat videos is up. This is 90% about Daniel Bryan challenging him to a match. It's great and adds some more detail to HHH's motivations. He knows the fans love Daniel Bryan and that equates to t-shirt sales and money. But he doesn't think he's an immortal. If he were to beat Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania, the entire Yes Movement -- and his profit center -- dies. It's best for business for Daniel Bryan to be in one corner of the industry while the true immortals perform at WrestleMania.

Then it ends with Cole asking HHH what everyone thinks -- Is HHH scared of Daniel Bryan? HHH takes a bit to answer it, does his best to look serious, and says no.

• Like 5

http://www.tmz.com/2014/03/05/buff-bagwell-gigolo-wrestler/

I'll leave the jokes to the more capable members of the board.

Instead of getting paid to wrestle "on a pole" matches, is he getting paid to wrestle matches with a Pole*.

*I capitalized "Pole" so you know I am talking about Bagwell tussling with a person of Eastern European descent, not with someone's penis.

Booking of the whole angle aside, Trips is really carrying the story at this point.  I really loved that backstage segment on the Raw after EC where he scoffs at the idea of a match with Bryan.  "Listen, I'm going to try to find a spot for you on the card. Hopefully you will make it."  

Brilliant.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/03/05/buff-bagwell-gigolo-wrestler/

I'll leave the jokes to the more capable members of the board.

Instead of getting paid to wrestle "on a pole" matches, is he getting paid to wrestle matches with a Pole*.

*I capitalized "Pole" so you know I am talking about Bagwell tussling with a person of Eastern European descent, not with someone's penis.

Well, that was certainly capable.

All joking aside, you have to feel a little bad for Buff. He's one of those guys who had his career taken from him when WCW went out. He got a look by WWE and that was the end of it.

If WCW survived, he'd probably still be collecting a giant paycheck and having posedowns with a newly signed Bautista.  

• Like 1

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdejzs_cute-suzuki-mayumi-ozaki-vs-bull-na_sport

Watch this match to see some perfect heeling by Akira Hokuto.  The abdominal stretch spot where she's mocking Suzuki by waving Ozaki's arm around, just out of reach for the tag, and then the finish, where Hokuto jumps out of the ring, picks up Suzuki by the hair and holds her head in place - forcing her to watch her partner getting pinned.  

I want the Wyatts to bring these spots back!

That Triple H interview was brilliant. They really need to start showing these on television. I think we all can live without a five minute diva's match if they put one of these on in it's place.

I hope Triple H says "Bryan, I found you a match at Wrestlemania. It will be you vs. JTG on the pre show".

That Hunter interview really makes me think two things:

1) Stephanie is going to be the catalyst for HHH accepting, thinking he needs to defend his wife's honor or something after Bryan inadvertently(?) hits her.

2) The match itself could be very one-sided, in Bryan's favor.  

That Triple H interview was brilliant. They really need to start showing these on television. I think we all can live without a five minute diva's match if they put one of these on in it's place.

I hope Triple H says "Bryan, I found you a match at Wrestlemania. It will be you vs. JTG on the pre show".

I hope HHH comes out and does a promo where refuses to fight Bryan on the grounds that he is already booked in a triple threat match... (***)... against Barry Horowitz and the Brooklyn Brawler. I mean, fuck, if Bryan's not in the main, might as well have some fun with it, right?

In my dream scenario, Bryan gets HHH in the YES! Lock on Raw right in front of Steph. Steph is screaming and crying for security to come out. Bryan won't break the hold, though, until she makes the match.

That way, you finally have Steph get some form of comeuppance. She's sort of in an invulnerable position right now, since the WWE has (thankfully) instituted a policy where men don't hit women. When was the last time they ran that, actually? I think when heel Jericho hit Shawn's wife? That was the whole big part of a feud.

I did love how Bryan handled Steph on Raw, when she was talking about how her family made Bryan and the 21 trucks. He stood there patiently, waited until she was done, and then dismissed her with a quick "whatever" before turning his attention to Trips.