DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

If Punk is coming back, they should have him do a run-in and viciously beat down Daniel Bryan. On the following Raw, it is revealed that it was the price for getting HHH to insert him into the title match and make it a three-way. However, Hulk Hogan comes out and uses his power as host to insert Bryan and make it a four-way elimination match.

Batista gets to rest for most of the match because of an extended Punk-Bryan sequence. Bryan makes Punk tap and pins Orton before HHH screws him and hands Batista the belt.

Punk was always coming back for the simple reason of losing potential earnings by breaching his contract.  I'm sure when he left, it really was on principal, and I'm sure he has some fuck-you money to be comfortable but in the end, they say it's all about the money.  Maybe Steve Austin, JR and some of his friends are getting in his ear or maybe once he got past his ego to see how much money he would potentially lose, he became more flexible on his demands. Fuck what they say in the media, wrestlers are in this business for the fame and money.

I would love to see him show up backstage tomorrow, walking by McMahon and Ted DiBiase as they do their maniacal laughs

Why does Styles still use that damn thing?  He's hurt or nearly hurt like 4 people with it and its not like its the world's most awesome finish that ever finished.

The Spiral Tap would be a more impressive (and presumably safer) finisher.

• Like 1

He's not on TV because he chose to leave. Do these Punk fans realize that he was not forced out? What is the logic behind all of this?

Punk is a guy these fans booing the Orton's and Batista's want to see. So it doesn't really matter why he left. What matters to these people is that he's gone, and they don't like the show they're getting, and so they're going to chant about it.

So don't go to the shows? If the shows with Bryan, Wyatts, Shield, Cesaro, etc..  are SO AWFUL...  then save yourself some money and go watch fucking Adam Cole and shut the hell up about a guy who walked out of the WWE. He left... maybe they should follow.

Why does Styles still use that damn thing?  He's hurt or nearly hurt like 4 people with it and its not like its the world's most awesome finish that ever finished.

I didn't even know the Styles Clash was dangerous. Certainly not more dangerous than a move where a guy jumps off the top rope and does a bunch of flips before landing on you.

I disagree with the styles clash being dangerous move. Have guys gotten hurt? Sure, but I maintain it is the fault of the man taking the move. I am by no means a trained pro wrestler but wouldn't it make sense in any move where you land on your chest to not tuck your head?

I'd rather have a dude land on me and break a few ribs than break my fucking neck, dude

Sure, I mean, if those are your two options. It's a move he's done thousands of times. I just never thought of it as some kind menace or ticking time bomb waiting to happen.

With that said, if Punk is back on Monday, I hope they have a plan outside of inserting him into the Orton/Batista match. I'd rather watch Orton/Batista than a triple threat. Blech.  

Gonna be real awkard if Punk goes into the main event, after Brock Lesnar got denied. Or not. They'll just ignore all that probably.

To the best of my knowledge, AJ's never injured anyone with the Spiral Tap.

And on the subject of Mr. Bork Laser, what's the point in even having the match at Mania?  Taker's already killed him dead, and Lesnar isn't winning the match, so I'm totally stumped.

I felt Taker/Cena made the most sense because they haven't fought in forever and Cena is the last challenger with a legitimate shot of winning the match. Bray Wyatt or Roman Reigns, someone like that.. would have been too soon.

I'm confident Lesnar/Taker will be good though.

And on the subject of Mr. Bork Laser, what's the point in even having the match at Mania?  Taker's already killed him dead, and Lesnar isn't winning the match, so I'm totally stumped.

Because the subtitle to this year's WrestleMania should be "The Card no one wants to see!"

AJ should switch to the Steiner Screwdriver because Indy guys might tuck their heads less often with that move.

At least the Styles Clash doesn't seem so hokey when it's breaking necks of people who can't take the move properly.

So, Punk turns heel on Bryan on Monday?

Corporate Punk would really be the only satisfying return for him. Suit and tie, JBL-level veneers, the whole shebang. HHH is so obsessed with keeping Bryan out of the title picture that he's willing to throw his weight behind the skinnyfat Denny's cook instead. It would be the best way to get Punk into one of the top spots without stepping on Bryan's heat, and would lead to a match between two guys the fans care about instead of Bryan vs. the Legendary Degeneration of Evolution.

Something tells me Punk is a little too enamored of his "rebel" image to play along, though.

• Like 1

The Punk/Batista nerds with tattoos tag team is going to be amazing, you guys.

Punk can read his comics while waiting for a tag and Batista can hit people with the latest vintage Barbie lunchbox he got on eBay.

• Like 2

He's not on TV because he chose to leave. Do these Punk fans realize that he was not forced out? What is the logic behind all of this?

Punk is a guy these fans booing the Orton's and Batista's want to see. So it doesn't really matter why he left. What matters to these people is that he's gone, and they don't like the show they're getting, and so they're going to chant about it.

So don't go to the shows? If the shows with Bryan, Wyatts, Shield, Cesaro, etc.. are SO AWFUL... then save yourself some money and go watch fucking Adam Cole and shut the hell up about a guy who walked out of the WWE. He left... maybe they should follow.
Fuck, man. Give it a rest. You have a unique talent for propping up these straw man arguments.

For one, it's not like the crowds are shiting on everything. No clue where you are coming from with that. The same people chanting for Punk were marking hard for Shield/Wyatts. Two, the people chanting for Punk are just fans. Some probably know the backstage story, but I'd bet a chunk of the people following along with those chants just want to see one of their favorites. Not everyone who chants for Bryan knows about Bryan Danielson, you get what I'm saying? It's not like WWE is rushing to get the full story out there.

I can't see Punk coming back for a corporate spot that's not the main event. An undercard match with Bryan seems like it wouldn't be enough.

At the end of the day, this is very much a Squeaky Wheel scenario that Punk's played out. And it's no more endearing this time around than at any other point in history. 

I'm not saying Punk is sympathetic but considering how messed up WWE has been run for the entirety of history, it's hard to vilify him too much either.

Because the subtitle to this year's WrestleMania should be "The Card no one wants to see!"

It's all a plan to make people think that if they are going to spend that much money, they might as well get the WWE Network to get their money's worth.

• Like 1

So don't go to the shows? If the shows with Bryan, Wyatts, Shield, Cesaro, etc.. are SO AWFUL... then save yourself some money and go watch fucking Adam Cole and shut the hell up about a guy who walked out of the WWE. He left... maybe they should follow.
Fuck, man. Give it a rest. You have a unique talent for propping up these straw man arguments.

For one, it's not like the crowds are shiting on everything. No clue where you are coming from with that. The same people chanting for Punk were marking hard for Shield/Wyatts. Two, the people chanting for Punk are just fans. Some probably know the backstage story, but I'd bet a chunk of the people following along with those chants just want to see one of their favorites. Not everyone who chants for Bryan knows about Bryan Danielson, you get what I'm saying? It's not like WWE is rushing to get the full story out there.

You are a massive Punk/All things Chicago fan, no? What straw man argument? I want consistency. If people want to complain about backstage politics go ahead and start with Punk. There's no logic behind these event hijackings..  If anyone needs to give it a rest, it's these morons.