DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

So I just realized. Punk walking out pretty much solidified the notion that Cena will always be the top guy as long as he can perform. You'd have to think Vince is always going to be paranoid that he's going to get burned. I mean in the past 12 years we had Austin and Edge leave due to injury, Rock, Lesnar, Lashley and Punk quitting. And then established guys like Jericho, Batista, and RVD only working when they feel like it. You're only left with a couple of guys you know aren't going anywhere and are fairly healthy.

I can't believe "Beef Stew" Lou Marconi is still around.

He just won the NWA National title. Very proud of him, as he's a good friend. He has been trying to get in contention for the NWA World title for years, and he's not giving up on that dream. 

Drake Younger signed with WWE tonight. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. It's also pretty bizarre that CZW has put more people in to development recently than ROH.

I understand Younger has gotten better since his stint in EVOLVE, but has he gotten that much better? Because 2-3 years ago he was a terrible wrestler in terrible shape. Is he not scarred up from the stupid shit he's done?

Drake Younger signed with WWE tonight. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. It's also pretty bizarre that CZW has put more people in to development recently than ROH.

That's great for him. Even if he just hangs around development for a couple of years. Hope it works out.

And yes, CZW being a better feeder league than ROH is hysterical.

Drake was getting typecast as an indy garbage worker and started getting really serious about improving his fundamentals a few years ago.  Even though I haven't seen a ton of his straight wrestling material, what I've seen in PWG recently has been a big improvement over what he'd been doing in CZW/IWA-MS earlier.  The whole "he always tries really hard no matter what the match" compliment gets thrown around a lot these days, but he really is someone you can tell gives a shit about the business.  I haven't been to a ton of live wrestling shows, but one of the few was a Light Heavyweight/Deathmatch double header in IWA-EC in 2006 and he was an incredibly friendly guy.

So my old EWR games where I made the Messiah WWE champion could still end up being accurate?

• Like 4

So my old EWR games where I made the Messiah WWE champion could still end up being accurate?

Jesus came back, and the best he could do with his time was professional fucking wrestling? Or is there something I'm misunderstanding?

Happy to hear drake younger signed with wwe. You can tell listening to him on podcasts that he really loves the business, humble dude and an all around nice guy.

Hopefully he's healthy enough to have a long career in the wwe. He did some crazy death matches for an extended period of time. I always thought he was one of those guys too talented to be wrecking his body night after night doing small shows.