DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

so the last couple of days, i've been trying to answer this question in my head:

"who's the most famous wrestler to never win ANY title in a major promotion?"

i was thinking of US-based wrestlers and promotions, so WWF/WCW/AWA/ECW/TNA.

best answers i've come up with yet:

Scott Norton

Kamala

so the last couple of days, i've been trying to answer this question in my head:

Scott Norton

Kamala

file_187255_7_jake-the-snake-roberts.jpg

• Like 1

Scott Norton

Kamala

The WWF/WWE Hardcore title gave a bunch of people at least 1 championship reign.

Elijah Burke?

Has that Judy Bagwell calling in sick for Buff ever been verified? That seems too ridiculous to be true.

Jim Ross said he was the one who took the call during the Heatseekers episode of Legends of Wrestling.

Bob Holly also mentioned it in his book. He said Buff would get his mom to call the office when there were house shows he didn't want to work.

Judy Bagwell was calling the front office on Buff's behalf at least as far back as his stint in Global (as the Handsome Stranger). Some people never learn.

Are we supposed to be pretending that Buff working as a gigolo is really that shocking of a development?

I'm sure there's a great untold story about how Judy Bagwell got on the WCW payroll. I'm picturing her showing up one day at WCW headquarters to chew out Bischoff over something ridiculous and Bischoff giving her a job so she would leave him alone.