DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] What Are You Watching?

RIPPA

Without question, though, no one got the best out of JYD in WWF like Terry Funk did. Although Harley pinballing for him all over America came close. 

I don't think I've ever seen Terry-JYD. I'll have to go find some stuff.

What amazes me is that had the angle to start it (Funk stamping Dog with his branding iron) taken place in Watts' territory, there would have been a smoking crater where that building once stood. But it was upstate New York, so just booing happened. 

Butch Reed did a HELL of a lot worse to Dog in 84 Mid-South than Funk ever did.

At this very moment I'm watching "The Franchise" Shane Douglas sound almost exactly like a more profane Triple H at November 2 Remember '98.

The match thus far is fun idiocy. Candido is really good and the Bammer is the Bammer but by and large its sloppy sillyness. I still like to watch it from time to time but I can't imagine that if you weren't there at the time, that much of ECW holds up at all.

Watched a couple things after the Raw aftershow last night.

The Best Backstabbers Countdown was the first Countdown I thought they did a terrible job with. I'd personally list Montreal and the Barbershop 1-2 so I can live with them being flipped but Andre turning on Hulk at #8 is totally ridiculous. Most of the choices were awful (Hardyz breaking up, HHH turning on Orton, that Trish love triangle deal) - angles I barely remembered, let alone would rank as top 10 of all time. The WWE-centric-ness was really annoying, too.

I also watched the Legends Monday Night Raw roundtable. I thought it was the best Legends I've seen yet. I know we discussed Flair being an asshole some pages ago but one complaint I have about these Legends things is too often the panelists just sit up there and kiss each other's ass. This was the first one where things actually got a little contentious which I found quite entertaining.

For some reason, Gene decided to troll everybody and kept bringing up WCW even though that wasn't the topic at hand. JR seemed to take things Gene said very personally and got real defensive. Gene definitely seemed pissed when JR mentioned him making money on the WCW Scamline and Road Dogg did not look happy at all when JR mentioned him making "six figure" payoffs.

Nothing earthshattering came out of the ep but it was fun watching them snipe at each other.

Been rediscovering Tajiri. I don't know that I generally think of of him as an all time favorite for me, but there are few guys who I'm more excited to see pop up. Could watch him and Crazy all day, even if none of it is new to me.

Nothing earthshattering came out of the ep but it was fun watching them snipe at each other.

A couple of other moments like that:

On the Canada one Bret is asked who in his opinion is the greatest Canadian wrestler and he says Archie Goulding.  Pat Patterson just about loses his shit when he hears that.

DDP and JR go at it a lot in the celebrities one over the various celebrities WCW used, Arquette especially.

While the finish of Bret vs Yokozuna at WM 10 was pretty stupid, they actually had a really good match until that.  Much better than their match last Wrestlemania

The best part of the Bret Hart celebration was all these wrestlers (and Rhonda Shear :D  ) coming out to support him and there is Owen Hart just pissed off because one again he was overshadowed by his brother even though he beat Bret

Tonight's Countdown was a lot of fun. This was worth watching just for the Mean Gene sidebar and Cesaro reciting Scott Stiener's catchphrases.

Warrior had Miami Dolphin colored facepaint when the black slime voodoo curse angle happened. That can't be just a coincidence.

Also, Dean Ambrose's Dusty impression FTW.

Tonight's Countdown was a lot of fun. This was worth watching just for the Mean Gene sidebar and Cesaro reciting Scott Stiener's catchphrases.

Warrior had Miami Dolphin colored facepaint when the black slime voodoo curse angle happened. That can't be just a coincidence.

Also, Dean Ambrose's Dusty impression FTW.

I loved Dean matter of factly discussing the Kennel in a Cell match. "Killing a man's dog is a pretty good way to make things personal. Then feeding the dog to the man makes it even more personal."

I don't know about this latest Countdown. I refuse to be cynical about a high voodoo priest giving convulsions to and causing black blood to leak from the head of a facepainted warrior that draws power from the ancient gods of his people, and the day that I am cynical about this sort of thing is the day that I should just quit watching wrestling or even having fun forever. 

• Like 1

While the finish of Bret vs Yokozuna at WM 10 was pretty stupid, they actually had a really good match until that.  Much better than their match last Wrestlemania

The best part of the Bret Hart celebration was all these wrestlers (and Rhonda Shear :D  ) coming out to support him and there is Owen Hart just pissed off because one again he was overshadowed by his brother even though he beat Bret

I watched that match a couple of days ago, and yeah Yoko vs. Bret was surprisingly good.  I remember not liking Yoko as a kid, but he was awesome here.  Bret vs. Owen and Shawn vs. Razor are still damn good after 51516514156189189 viewings.

I watched that match a couple of days ago, and yeah Yoko vs. Bret was surprisingly good.  I remember not liking Yoko as a kid, but he was awesome here.  Bret vs. Owen and Shawn vs. Razor are still damn good after 51516514156189189 viewings.

Two great matches. I always thought Bret vs. Owen was the better of the two.

Come on Daniel Bryan, stop shitting on everything fun in wrestling. I'm about to hit Papa Shango on the countdown and I hope to be pleasantly surprised. 

EDIT: Not quite what I was hoping for. 

You think the bear-kicking, hug it out, Cosmic Dolphins, Dazzler would be a little more open to enjoying some of this stuff.

I'm sad Wade Barrett didn't get to wax poetic about Papa Shango

I was sad Papa Shango didn't wax poetic about Papa Shango since he was there for other topics.  I really enjoyed the show.  Apparently Matt Striker is persona non grata now, since they used his interview but never showed him.

And I loved Ambrose's Dusty impression.  It sounded like Rhodes after a ton of pot.

So I just watched that Countdown show for the first time, and my GOD does it have the worst fucking theme song ever.  I'm not a huge fan of rap to begin with, but fucking autotuned rap must be made a capital crime immediately.

When will raws be made available? The last (newest one) I can access is Batista's return. Anyone have this? I'm on a nexus 7.

They should be up there a month or so after they air because of the replays on Hulu.

• Like 1