DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] What Are You Watching?

RIPPA

If anyone cares, I read they restored profanity on some of the ECW PPVs. I'm guessing these were aired on WWE 24/7 and that's why they were edited.

I don't care about the swearing but it is interesting that they bothered to do it. It sounds like they are listening to minor complaints and doing everything they can to make customers happy.

I think it is selective restored profanity.   I was watching Guilty as Charged 99 and the word shit is kept in there but any version of fuck does seem to be blurted out.

of course they removed the Dudleys vs new jack/Spike Dudley match and to be honest I am not sure if it was the new Jack match or the Joel Gertner made about 5 cum stains joke in his pre match introduction

I don't think it's selective. For example, Living Dangerously 2000 was initially a profanity edited version and when they restored it you can watch the promo Heyman cuts on Cyrus near the end and he says "fuck" multiple times throughout.

If you are finding edits I'm guessing they just haven't restored it yet. "Shit" might have been allowed on Classics On Demand. For some strange reason the word "shit" is used all over cable television now. It never used to be.

The New Jack edits from what I've heard are because they left "Natural Born Killaz" playing in the background during the matches and it's probably a pain in the ass to dub that.

Didn't have a problem with that in Classics.  In fact New Jack had his own canned music as well and was being played through matches.  Although I don't remember if they did it on a loop like ECW

Like I have said before, it is just weird that new Jack would be edited and Benoit is now not.  I mean New Jack might have killed someone but I doubt it was a family member  ^_^

Watched Survivor Series 87 and it made me realize how awesome the undercard was booked back then. I mean in the team Honky vs team Savage match you could say that every member of team Savage had a beef with Honky. I also found myself looking up Danny Davis because I remember his stint as crooked ref obviously but was unsure if he did anything else beside JTTS during his tenure. His wiki says he beat Tito Santana and JYD in the 1987 KOTR tourney. Not sure if video footage exists but I have to see these matches now.

But yeah, SS 87 as pretty awesome.

Next person to criticize Sid as a wrestler is taking a fist bump in the dick.

Legit question: Suggest me a PPV or two to watch for his good work.

Yep - Survivor Series 96 is probably his best match.

The two Goldberg matches are pretty much miracles given the state of the promotion, who was booking it and those in the ring. Benoit match at Souled Out is pretty good also. Match with Bret at Its Time is enjoyable but ultimately a clusterfuck.

I don't think it's selective. For example, Living Dangerously 2000 was initially a profanity edited version and when they restored it you can watch the promo Heyman cuts on Cyrus near the end and he says "fuck" multiple times throughout.

If you are finding edits I'm guessing they just haven't restored it yet. "Shit" might have been allowed on Classics On Demand. For some strange reason the word "shit" is used all over cable television now. It never used to be.

The New Jack edits from what I've heard are because they left "Natural Born Killaz" playing in the background during the matches and it's probably a pain in the ass to dub that.

Blame South Park.

Didn't have a problem with that in Classics.  In fact New Jack had his own canned music as well and was being played through matches.  Although I don't remember if they did it on a loop like ECW

Like I have said before, it is just weird that new Jack would be edited and Benoit is now not.  I mean New Jack might have killed someone but I doubt it was a family member  ^_^

IIRC, they kept the canned music playing for as longas Natural Born Killaz played. That said, I don't remember too many New Jack segments on CoD post-1996, so maybe it was something they decided against including?

If anyone cares, I read they restored profanity on some of the ECW PPVs. I'm guessing these were aired on WWE 24/7 and that's why they were edited.

I don't care about the swearing but it is interesting that they bothered to do it. It sounds like they are listening to minor complaints and doing everything they can to make customers happy.

Just checked Anarchy Rulz 99 since I watched that last week and all the censoring has indeed been removed, definitely cool that they are actually going back and making those kind of changes.

Speaking of WWE unediting shows, saw someone on the WWE Network reddit comment section post this:

The reason some PPV's are being removed is because they're editing back in the WCW entrance theme's from the Slam Jam Album(Steinerized, Simply Ravishing, Man Called Sting, etc).

No idea if that's true but if so, that's awesome. It'd lend further credence to them just throwing up the Classics on Demand versions of PPV's to get everything up for the launch and are now going back and 'fixing' things.

I watched the top 10 biggest backstabs. I won't spoil it, but I strongly disagree with the number one selection.

Since the top ten are allegedly based on fan votes, the results are understandably skewed towards recent WWE events. The Freebirds turning on the Von Erichs didn't make the list. Neither did Zbysko turning on Bruno.

WCW was barely represented. there were so many memorable turns in the NWA and WCW. No Horsemen turning on Sting, Arn turning on Dustin, or even Renegade turning on Joe Gomez.

Love the wrestle war interview with flair and funk, funk wants a title shot, but just got back from Hollywood, so flair says he isn't a a top contender. (Kayfabe i guess) I'm sure this is how cm punk (legit) felt about his 434 day reign ending at the hands of an actor, then another actor returning to win this years rumble

But why in the world wasn't flair vs steamboat the main event, and also they said they wanted Gilbert and Sullivan to settle their differences on their own time, so the dropped the hair vs hair stipulation. What do you mean settle it on their own time, isn't that why they are wrestling in the first place lol

Really, there could have been just a Top 10 Backstabbings Involving Hogan, which is why a few of his that could have also been included were omitted. Three for one person was probably pushing it anyway.

But Hogan-Orndorff over The Fightin Hardyz all day every day.

I don't know if I would have ever gone back to really watch 1993 Raws episodically without the WWEN, but I'm glad I did. I'm not sure it's in my top five for years of weekly TV shows, but it's definitely in my top ten. 

One of my favorite things about these RAWs other than Doink, who is the best, is 1993 Shawn Michaels finding a way to have interesting matches with the likes of Hacksaw and Kamala. 

It's reminding me that there was a time when Marty Jannetty might have been the best tv wrestler in the company.  Splitting him and Shawn wound up being a huge boon for the company once Marty finally came back, cause then they had two guys they could throw out in the midcard every week and get damn good matches.

God I wish Jannetty hadn't had so many issues.  He should have at least been a midcard/tag guy forever.

Speaking of WWE unediting shows, saw someone on the WWE Network reddit comment section post this:

The reason some PPV's are being removed is because they're editing back in the WCW entrance theme's from the Slam Jam Album(Steinerized, Simply Ravishing, Man Called Sting, etc).

No idea if that's true but if so, that's awesome. It'd lend further credence to them just throwing up the Classics on Demand versions of PPV's to get everything up for the launch and are now going back and 'fixing' things.

Simply Ravishing is back on Beach Blast 93!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldberg's theme isn't dubbed over for the 1998 Great American Bash. He always had his WWE theme on Classics on Demand and it ruined the whole entrance. This is terrific. Now I really can't wait for them to upload the Nitro's where he wins the US and World Titles.

EDIT:

I haven't watched any of the ECW PPV's on The Network, but decided to check out Anarchy Rulz 99 and Heatwave 98 and I can confirm that New Jack's run-ins are in there. Not sure if they were when the events first went up but New Jack's there now with his dubbed theme in all its glory. They even managed to keep the commentary throughout.

Just checked Anarchy Rulz 99 since I watched that last week and all the censoring has indeed been removed, definitely cool that they are actually going back and making those kind of changes.

I watched that one too. Taz and Heyman's pre-match tirades are intact. F'bombs and MF's galore.

• Like 1

Watched SuperBrawl 96 last night. Johnny B Badd came out to some crappy stock music, but a att the emd of the match the "he looks like little richard" theme played. No Man Called Sting either

Judging by the WWE Network reddit, it doesn't seem like they've gotten around to re-doing the SuperBrawl's. I just checked out Bash at the Beach 95 and Man Called Sting is intact and Johnny B Badd's theme is correct for Fall Brawl 94, both events which were noted as being re-upped.

Watched SuperBrawl 96 last night. Johnny B Badd came out to some crappy stock music, but a att the emd of the match the "he looks like little richard" theme played. No Man Called Sting either

Judging by the WWE Network reddit, it doesn't seem like they've gotten around to re-doing the SuperBrawl's. I just checked out Bash at the Beach 95 and Man Called Sting is intact and Johnny B Badd's theme is correct for Fall Brawl 94, both events which were noted as being re-upped.

In my opinion, the most criminal music edit is the loss of the Midnight Express coming out to The Chase.

• Like 3

The newest Hardcore TV ep that's up (#61) is the first ECW I ever saw and the first tape I ever bought back in the day. The nostalgia trip is off the charts. And shit, does it ever look better than the muddy 3rd gen VHS copy did. Heh.

Still really like the Sabu/Scorpio match, too. They had better, but I think this is the first.

I think this is another sign of the divide between the olds and the whippersnappers: people watching this stuff for the first time and seeing guys like Credible show up as jobbers. I wonder if they know about Aldo Montoya yet. I can't wait for them to see the scrawny ass Hardys as jobbers.

PJ Walker, breakdancing jobber was fun in the Primetime era.

Watching The Wrestling Classic (1985), which is a 16-man tournament. And then I think it ends with a Piper-Hogan title match. I am watching it little by little.

What strikes me is the vast improvement in their production from Mania 1 to this show. It's well lit. The transitions to back stage and between announcers is smooth. It just looks and feels bright and desirable.