DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] Technical and General Content Question/Comments

RIPPA

That being the case, yeah, that's making a sound decision.

Buying it, then bitching non-stop because it doesn't have 2 or 3 things, they yeah, that's entitled.

Today I decided that I wanted to end my subscription when the 6 month commitment was over. Like a lot of you I signed up for the 1 week free trial on 2/24 and my subscription officially began on 3/2. Thus making my 6 month commitment end on 9/3. Well when I went into billing section of my account I found that I'm currently under a 1 week free trial. That makes no sense whatsoever, but I guess I get to get out early!

Here's a screencap I made of the page I got. (Spoiler'd for size)

coV97VC.jpg

I was excited to see a new option the Vault section called Video Vault which I thought meant maybe singles matches from shows not already on the Network.

I mean, you'd think that, right? 

Nope, they put the SummerSlam 88 Main Event there.  Something you can watch in the PPV section.  Just now you don't have to FFWD through it...

I am a bit confused, why did people cancel between the last numbers released and these numbers?  Anyone that paid for six months back in February would still have it until the end of August (I mean mine is that way, I see the examples above of something odd happening), so they shouldn't have cancelled yet.  Unless they are counting people that turned off the renewal like I did.  My plan is to renew again to get Survivor Series through WM, but between SummerSlam and Survivor Series is a bit of a lull.

My guess is that a lot of people cancelled because their internet wasn't able to handle the live streaming portion. This is the reason why myself and others I've talked to are not sticking around. This thing needs to become a real channel like apparently it will be in Canada, but with a HBO Go VOD service that comes along with it.

Just have to say that the network on PS4 is sublime.  On PS3 it would take about 2+ minutes to load up a show, even if it was the live feed.  On PS4 it takes a tad over a minute, sometimes less.  Even if searching for shows it loads up lightning fast.  Best experience I've had watching the network (it should be since it is a next-gen system)  Does anyone have an Xbox One, and if so how well does the network work on it?

Today I decided that I wanted to end my subscription when the 6 month commitment was over. Like a lot of you I signed up for the 1 week free trial on 2/24 and my subscription officially began on 3/2. Thus making my 6 month commitment end on 9/3. Well when I went into billing section of my account I found that I'm currently under a 1 week free trial. That makes no sense whatsoever, but I guess I get to get out early!

Here's a screencap I made of the page I got. (Spoiler'd for size)

coV97VC.jpg

FYI, I checked this morning, and it now shows Aug. 3rd as the next billing date, and Sept. 3rd as the date my sub ends.

• Like 1

Found out how you cancel your subscription. It was easier than trying to find out how you cancel a recurring payment on Paypal. 

We simply didn't have any money when the bill came due. 

Ironically I still had access to the network for four and half days after my bill was due. On my account page it said I didn't not have an active membership. I didn't get an email saying payment was due....nothing until four and a half days later when they finally sent me an email saying I didn't pay and they were shutting down my service, nothing was said about paying the remaining balance or anything. 

With technical support like that it's a wonder more people aren't dropping out. 

Yeah, Meltzer said people who opt out early simply aren't paying.  The "six month commitment" is apparently just a sales tactic to keep people from canceling before the  recent shareholders meeting where they announced a number.  There doesn't seem to be any mechanism in place to make people honor the commitment or to automatically bill your credit card/bank if you unsubscribe before the six months is up.

I'd like to cancel my subscription early, but the six months is almost up and I'd feel a little odd about it.  I'll probably just wait a couple more weeks.

It looks like they are ready to send out the Smackdown shows on the Network as starting Monday they have a "Smackdown Flashback" which will have the first 4 shows for the week.   Hopefully one of these days they clean up the Network shows because it isn't really a reason for 2 RAW shows and 2 smackdown shows.

There is always supposed to be a 30 minute Brock vs Cena special but I expect it to be the match from Extreme Rules

I just changed my subscription from auto-renew to manual. I too am a cable-cutter and don't really miss anything but BBC America (DAMN YOU DOCTOR WHO! WHERE WILL I GET YOU NOW?) but if I don't see more classic/non-wwe stuff, I'm gone. My current subscription runs out at the beginning of November. I don't mind checking back in after a year to see if the promise of how cool the network can be has become a reality but I don't think I'll subsidize them as they let the great old stuff slowly trickle down to us.

I might cancel mine too. I just don't watch it enough. Now, if they aired a replay of Raw, or just whatever they put up on Hulu, the same week as Raw, I'd keep it. As it is, they don't, so I might just cancel.

The new monthly charge for a single month is $12.99. Still $9.99 a month for the 6 month commitment. And in the newsletter Meltzer said Nitros will be going up on the network in 6 weeks. I gonna wait and see on that one. 

Any Canadians in the Rogers footprint want to share what content the "Net Pak" includes? 

This sounds awful. Doesn't even sound like they've got the digital side going to access the library. More expensive, no library, and only available to Rogers customers. Well done.

Sticking with my unblock-us account and the American set-up until they get their shit together.