DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] Technical and General Content Question/Comments

RIPPA

I got my e-mail this morning reminding me that my network subscription expires tomorrow.

I wish I gave a shit.

I have been so underwhelmed by the current product and the snails pace that the classic stuff (the actually content I showed up for) is showing up that I'm out. Maybe I'll check in after six months but for now, the WWE has chased me back to my tape/dvd library for my wrasslin' needs.

As long as they upload 1997 RAW and Nitro soon, I'll be okay. I'm early in 1996 on Nitro/Clash/WCW PPV and in mid 1995 on RAW/WWF PPV. My goal is to get to 1997 and then watch both shows together, alternating between the two. 

I also really want them to start uploading early '80s AWA, but I know that's not happening for awhile. To me, the ease of being able to find a decent, but not great chunk of '80s NWA/'90s WCW and '80/'90s WWF is worth ten bucks a month. I watch while working out, so for getting me into the gym more often alone, the Network is probably more than paying for itself. Do I wish they would upload more territories? Yeah. Do I wish there were more secondary shows available for WWF and WCW? Yeah, especially those early-to-mid '90s Worldwides and Saturday Nights. But right now, there's still a lot of older stuff that I haven't seen in a long time and am aching to revisit or don't remember seeing at all. 

I do feel like I should probably just buy a Portland set and a Continental set from the CD burners that hang out here and sell that stuff, though. I really would kill to be able to stream that stuff through my phone, but that's happening pretty much never. 

• Like 1

Wait, they're gonna put up whole ECW Arena shows in addition to Hardcore TV episodes.

Who do I need to email bomb to get them to put up Enter the Sandman, Gansta's Paradise, and Heatwave 96?

Wait, they're gonna put up whole ECW Arena shows in addition to Hardcore TV episodes.

Who do I need to email bomb to get them to put up Enter the Sandman, Gansta's Paradise, and Heatwave 96?

And that sums up why the WWE Network will never be a success.  They only have so much footage to appeal to the casuals so they run the same Austin/Rock/HHH/HBK/Cena/Undertaker stuff over and over for them and they don't care, and then when they throw a bone to the hardcores, they just bitch about how they wanted something else instead. 

• Like 1

I am somewhat interested in how they are going to show Ian vs Axl Taipei Death match on the Network given what seems to be their policy on blood with the WWE shows lately.  I just picture two huge black dots punching either other on the screen in a completely gray background   ^_^

And that sums up why the WWE Network will never be a success.  They only have so much footage to appeal to the casuals so they run the same Austin/Rock/HHH/HBK/Cena/Undertaker stuff over and over for them and they don't care, and then when they throw a bone to the hardcores, they just bitch about how they wanted something else instead. 

Well, unlike most fans that pitch a fit that some random episode of WCCW from 84 isn't uploaded, I'm not cancelling my subscription.

Just stating that it'd be awesome to get another show or two uploaded.

Well, unlike most fans that pitch a fit that some random episode of WCCW from 84 isn't uploaded, I'm not cancelling my subscription.

Just stating that it'd be awesome to get another show or two uploaded.

Touche...

So I let my subscription lapse when the original six months was up and signed back up for the free month.  Two observations: 1) I was able to pick up watching an old PPV right where I left off, which was a nice surprise, and 2) I'm still getting emails asking me to "come back" to the Network.

I assume the special ECW Arena shows are under Hardcore TV, right? Fuck the territories, just give me everything ECW they have and I'll be a subscriber for life.

DA SHEETZ are saying they have literally everything ready to go up on the Network but they have inept people who run the Network, or something.

This is mildly off topic but it fuckin blows. I moved to China 2 months ago and I renewed my Network subscription a week before, paying the ful $60 up front, thinking once the worldwide rollout happens I'll be covered through Wrestlemania, and China is like the ONLY FUCKIN COUNTRY not included. So I have to resort to shitty illegal streams. Just stupid on my part.

I subscribed before Survivor Series and my feed was generally pretty good watching through the Xbox 360.  Couple of time jumps, but nothing that was really overly disrupting.

What is really starting to annoy me is when I want to watch an old PPV and it plays for a half of match and just freezes up.  A couple nights ago every one I tried watching did this.  Last night I was half way through Wrestle War 92 and it did this.  I had to restart the app for it to start playing again.  I get that watching over a wireless connection there will be some issues, but if this continues I can't see myself to continue to pay for it especially when I can watch Netflix and Hulu all night without an issue.

This is mildly off topic but it fuckin blows. I moved to China 2 months ago and I renewed my Network subscription a week before, paying the ful $60 up front, thinking once the worldwide rollout happens I'll be covered through Wrestlemania, and China is like the ONLY FUCKIN COUNTRY not included. So I have to resort to shitty illegal streams. Just stupid on my part.

Good luck trying to reach The Network helpdesk. I sent an email about my billing 2 weeks ago (and did two follow ups since) and I have received NOTHING in return.

Signed up for the tail end of the free month last week to watch SS and cancelled earlier this evening. The site told me my request is being processed and would be cancelled on Monday Dec 1st.

What are the chances are they'll charge me because I didn't cancel before Dec 1st? Just wondering.