DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] Technical and General Content Question/Comments

RIPPA

I'm guessing a lot of stuff will be popping up this week, as it looks like they're offering a free preview from now until the 14th.

Yep. SNME plus the Monday Night Wars preview tonight instead of the Raw post-game. Don't they have a conference quarterly coming up? That would explain things.

I'm guessing a lot of stuff will be popping up this week, as it looks like they're offering a free preview from now until the 14th.

Yep. SNME plus the Monday Night Wars preview tonight instead of the Raw post-game. Don't they have a conference quarterly coming up? That would explain things.

Wow - it's even a no credit-card required preview instead of the usual forget to cancel and be stuck with it at the end of the month variety (so many unused months following Hulu Plus previews...).

For those who have seen the Monday Night Wars stuff on Classics, is it just the two episodes uploaded every week or is there any sort of documentary aspect to it?

On Classics, it varied if I remember correctly. Some times they would just upload both shows individually with nothing extra, other times it would be one big 4 hour block with a short by Matt Striker intro before the beginning of each show. I'm thinking the Monday Night War show on The Network will be different, though, with possibly something like a 30 minute panel show discussing what happened on each show as the actual "Monday Night War" episode, but they will also put up the full eps in their entirety as VoD as well.

Originally, Mitchell Cole would intro the show. It would be Nitro/Raw back-to-back (sometimes Raw would be first, others Nitro). It sucked for those of us who had a cable system which didn't allow for quick fast forwarding through stuff because if you watched one show but couldn't finish, it'd take you forever to get back to where you left off. Afterwards, Cole would then tease what was gonna happen next. It really wasn't all that much. Every once in a while they would break away from the show and have some interview with someone from a DVD release talking about a significant moment/match. Once both Nitro and Raw were two hours, they started putting the episodes up individually. They eventually stopped with Nitro around the spring or summer of 1998, probably because they got tired of editing out Benoit episodes on the three hour telecast.

I expect The Network show to be different. At least, I'm hoping it's different.

so if I missed the airing of the Monday Night War immediately after RAW tonight, I'm fucked basically, right? Because it's not on the VOD, or on a replay later in the week.

:(

so if I missed the airing of the Monday Night War immediately after RAW tonight, I'm fucked basically, right? Because it's not on the VOD, or on a replay later in the week.

:(

if they are going to do the Monday Night War like they did Countdown and WM Rewind, they will treat last night's show as the "first" show and show it again when it officially debuts which I have no idea when that is.

Been watching some 1993 WCW recently, and damn glad that the Slam Jam songs are back on the PPV's. I really got into wrestling in 1995 when a few of them were still around (Sting, Johnny B. Badd, Steiners), and eventually bought the old CD sometime in 1998 or 1999 after going back and hearing them on old shows. Especially love Cactus's and of course Rude's.

The apparent cancellation of the Raw post-show and the moving of the pre-show out of the arena and into the studio are the first real disappointments I've had in the network.  The pre-show doesn't have the same atmosphere in a studio it did at the arena.  Also, suddenly it looks like Alex Riley is looking off to the side when he talks to Byron Saxton instead of looking at him.  Not sure if its the angle of their chairs or if he actually is looking at something, but it distracts me.

I just noticed on the Saturday update for F4W.com, either Bryan or Dave mentioned that we won't see the whole lot of SNME episodes until September.  How the hell is this acceptable?  This service seems like a total joke.  RAWs get put up at a snail's pace, we've got no WCW but Clashes and PPVs, and pretty much no Attitude Era crap for the people who like that, which seems to be a lot.  How hard is it to upload these things faster?  Screw the damn bullshit pre and post shows, screw Legends House, screw Mania Rewind, and start putting up shows, matches, and compilations now. 

Rant over

Most (I would guess half) of this content has been up on their old WWE Classics web service, which discontinued a couple of years ago. Then again, I'm no technical wiz so there's probably more work involved than I could guess. I'm still satisfied with the amount of content. It would take me a year or two just to get through what is available right now.

It was discontinued towards the end of last year. I'm not sure how much of it has been shown but I'd bet that a lot of the older footage like the full length Clashes, Saturday Night's Main Events, old ECW, and a lot of the PPVs never once saw the light of day on CoD.

I don't think the issue is a lack of content. It's just that the content isn't for everyone. See.. I love the SNME's and the Clash's..etc..  I love the ECW PPVs..  I hadn't seen all of these. It's kind of unrealistic to expect them to be putting up the lesser known territories right now.

• Like 1

I don't think the issue is a lack of content. It's just that the content isn't for everyone. See.. I love the SNME's and the Clash's..etc..  I love the ECW PPVs..  I hadn't seen all of these. It's kind of unrealistic to expect them to be putting up the lesser known territories right now.

I'll give you that but at least finish the SNME job.  They put up all the Clashes in one shot and how many were there of those, like 30+?  SNME is only up to like 18 right now.

They were into 1998 with ECW Hardcore TV on Classics on Demand and into 1999 with the Raws. They were even into 1998 with the Nitros, but a lot of those had Benoit stuff removed after the events of 2007, so I could see why they can't just re-up the Nitros. Very surprised they don't have more ECW and Raw up though.