DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] Technical and General Content Question/Comments

RIPPA

It's a little odd because you figure that those shows would need the least amount of editing (none?) and should be easy to just up them to The Network. I'm not upset about it since I have The Network for the old stuff and the PPV's/specials, but I am surprised they're behind with the current stuff.

Sorry for not catching this in the thread as I generally don't read this.  But why is it that a lot of Raw shows they air on the schedule not On-Demand?  It'd be nice to see these added.  I'm hoping they're hidden somewhere.

Also, the claims about WWE shows in HD are lies.  It's at best standard definition and choppy as hell in spots.  I can see the point for live streaming, but at least fix it for On-Demand.  Kind of silly that they couldn't clem it up for Wrestlemania 30 or Extreme Rules.  For example, Wyatt's entrance at WM30 is grainy as hell when the band plays.  No reason why that couldn't be cleaned up.  Tried this on PS3, tablet, phone and computer with same results.

I'm shocked that shows which aired in HD aren't shown in HD as part of the on-demand content. I haven't tried to re-watch them myself, but that just doesn't make sense. The only thing I can think of is that since HD takes up more bandwidth and would be a much bigger file than SD content, they just use the SD versions to save space.

They really should take a cue from Youtube.  You can choose what kind of video quality you want depending on the network connection.  The option to have it either in SD or HD would be awesome.  They boast 720p HD and we're to even getting that.  And it'd be nice if they took a cue from Netflix and had a section for stuff we watched so we don't have to look it up later on.  At least with PS3 it takes you back to the moment you left off on if you need to stop so that's a plus.  If there was a way to do that with all devices then even better.

Anyone else having a lot of buffering issues lately? It started last week when I was trying to watch Legends' House, and it's apparently still happening to me, a week later. Can't even make it through Countdown, and it took about 3 minutes to start the latest "Best of SmackDown" from the beginning.

I'm on the Roku if that helps. I've already unplugged the HDMI and the power cables, so yeah.

Everything I've watched is in HD. Where is this coming from?

I'm guessing you mean everything that was recorded in HD is airing in HD? Not the 1977 MSG house show?

And yeah, I'm using the Roku 2 and haven't had any buffering issues.

What I've found interesting is that when watching those WrestleMania specials they have (the ones where they focus in on the big match for a Mania), they show clips of the event/match in really good quality and in a 16:9 aspect ratio, but when it's time for the actual match the special covered, and all of the other non-HD original content, it's all 4:3. It's probably impossible, but it'd be awesome if they could restore the old footage into a 16:9 aspect ratio.

I haven't watched the '77 MSG show but I will say that all of the older content I have watched is definitely cleaned up and pretty darn clear. I don't know if it's HD but it's a lot better than the VHS quality.

HD video didnt even exist in the US until 1987.  Are you seriously complaining about the quality of a house show for a format that didnt even exist then yet thinking that an extensive production would be done for a few random people?  How about "Holy Shit! A random 70s MSG house show that looks great!  Awesome!"

They're either cropping the footage, or doing a "smart stretch" like when old shows are played on Food Network.  Either way, 4:3 is how it was originally aired, and 16:9 /= HD.

True. I guess I'm confusing it with film which even many decades ago was shot in high resolutions and can be beautifully remastered. The Bluray Godfather Trilogy is a good example.

I haven't watched the '77 MSG show but I will say that all of the older content I have watched is definitely cleaned up and pretty darn clear. I don't know if it's HD but it's a lot better than the VHS quality.

HD video didnt even exist in the US until 1987.  Are you seriously complaining about the quality of a house show for a format that didnt even exist then yet thinking that an extensive production would be done for a few random people?  How about "Holy Shit! A random 70s MSG house show that looks great!  Awesome!"

He doesn't seem to be complaining at all, but is actually praising the quality of the video.

I have no idea what they were recording the old house shows on back in the day, but I'm wondering if it was U-Matic 3/4", as that might explain some of the decent resolution of the source material.