DVDVR Message Board

The Slammys (Raw 12/09/13)

Dolfan in NYC

Seems like the first thing Fandango's dance partner should be able to do is dance. Summer Rae can not. Fandangirl had the perfect balance of elegance and snobbiness. She was subtle, giving off the vibe that she wasn't really a bitch, just someone who happened to be with a bit of a dick. She was realistic. Summer Rae is too over-the-top, too mannered, too distracting. She's too obviously playing a character.

I dont' want to come off all weird about Fandangirl the way some people do with AJ, so I'll just close by saying that I'm possibly in love with her, and if she was selling her shit on ebay I would probably buy it.

Here's the newspaper article for the original Fandangirl: http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130615/LIFE/130619430/1031

I hope she presents the "winner" of the TLC Match with both titles...

Seems like the first thing Fandango's dance partner should be able to do is dance. Summer Rae can not. Fandangirl had the perfect balance of elegance and snobbiness. She was subtle, giving off the vibe that she wasn't really a bitch, just someone who happened to be with a bit of a dick. She was realistic. Summer Rae is too over-the-top, too mannered, too distracting. She's too obviously playing a character.

I dont' want to come off all weird about Fandangirl the way some people do with AJ, so I'll just close by saying that I'm possibly in love with her, and if she was selling her shit on ebay I would probably buy it.

Here's the newspaper article for the original Fandangirl: http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130615/LIFE/130619430/1031

I hope she presents the "winner" of the TLC Match with both titles...

That lady was only 20? She looked way older in full costume/makeup.

funny how that ties right back into the Sunny discussion...

Don't ever start a sentence with "I don't want to come off all weird..." because most likely you're going to finish the sentence coming off that way.

funny how that ties right back into the Sunny discussion...

It's almost as though it was intended ;)

• Like 1

I may have missed it, but I'm just glad to come on here and not see any outrage on The Rock winning for his concert.  I read a couple of "blog" entries that were so pissed about him winning, their reasons IMO were just a little crazy.  They didn't seem to get Vicki was a heel and The Rock was getting her back, they were just offended he insulted a female. 

I may have missed it, but I'm just glad to come on here and not see any outrage on The Rock winning for his concert. I read a couple of "blog" entries that were so pissed about him winning, their reasons IMO were just a little crazy. They didn't seem to get Vicki was a heel and The Rock was getting her back, they were just offended he insulted a female.

The MOTY vote was far more offensive.

• Like 3

I may have missed it, but I'm just glad to come on here and not see any outrage on The Rock winning for his concert. I read a couple of "blog" entries that were so pissed about him winning, their reasons IMO were just a little crazy. They didn't seem to get Vicki was a heel and The Rock was getting her back, they were just offended he insulted a female.

The MOTY vote was far more offensive.

If nothing else, Rock didn't blow up or get injured during the concert.

In my early 20's I dated a girl who was in dance classes and performed in dance groups. I'm not an expert or anything but you can see that Summer isn't "smooth"...  she's a bit robotic. Even so, she looks good so who cares. This is just a gimmick for her to help Fandango get over.

Isn't part of the gimmick supposed to be that's she's terrible, but arrogant and clueless?

Fandango has always reminded me of an evil Taco-from-The-League (with a sprinkling of Phil Hendrie's "Jeff Norton" character).  And I think Summer Rae should be the same. 

I will agree with Gonzalez (gasp!) Summer is killing a lot of Johnny's heat because she's making it all about her.  She needs to learn how to get heat for someone rather than stealing it.

so you'd rather her be like most every other Manager/Valet and just stand there. The reason Heyman last run has been so good is because he react to shit going on in the ring as if he is emotionally invested in his client. Summer Rae does more than just be pretty out there. she not a Total Diva and she's not having matches so I dont blame her for attempting to add to the match and standing out. Fandango isnt boring to me i thinks she add to his match.

Plus the idea that a wrestler should not try to make things all about them is kind of naive and idealistic.  That's how this particular vocation works, whether we like it or not.  If she steals his light, then...and goddammit, it hurts me to say this...fuck Fandango.  He deserves it.

It's a zero-sum heat game out there.  At least that's the logic that has made this company run for the last thirty years or so.

Also:

I didn't mean it, Fandango!  I STILL LOVE YOU, FANDANGO!!!!! YOU SAD HEATLESS DOOMED OAF!!!!!

Your job as a manager/valet is to get heat on the wrestler you are with. 

JJ Dillon said as a former wrestler he always made sure he never stole any heat from the guys he managed. 

I don't think Summer Rae is trying to siphon heat. That is just how female valets are trained. At least Fandango's matches are interesting now. I really enjoyed her interactions with Mark Henry. 

In my early 20's I dated a girl who was in dance classes and performed in dance groups. I'm not an expert or anything but you can see that Summer isn't "smooth"...  she's a bit robotic. Even so, she looks good so who cares. This is just a gimmick for her to help Fandango get over.

Isn't part of the gimmick supposed to be that's she's terrible, but arrogant and clueless?

Why not just like Eva Marie do it in the first place then :P