DVDVR Message Board

The Slammys (Raw 12/09/13)

Dolfan in NYC

Fuck it I want Triple H to run in and say neither is worthy and grab his belts. The next night on Raw he can declare that the "King of Kings is now the Champion of Champions". I think someone here had a booking idea where he would never wrestle on TV and make the faces run thru his never ending horde of stooges. I love that idea, Hunter is clearly the best heel they have.

• Like 3

Late to the party but here’s my RAW review.

Daniel Bryan

Daniel Bryan

Daniel Bryan

Yes!

Yes!

Yes!

24lvuo2.gif

Loved the closing segment for the crowd reactions to Daniel Bryan and the reactions to those in the ring to it.

Now to read 12 pages of topic.

Here's Steph

EAtvCN3.gif

Gotta give her credit for trying that in those stilettos.

Question: Is there someplace to see the whole segment? I've only been able to find annoying reviews and the tail end that was posted here.

Gregg is definitely my seventh favorite poster right now but I think this was more of a case of them looking at the board and putting a bunch of logical pieces together than actually planning this. It was them making the best of unintended consequences after the rating last week and realizing how over Bryan would be. There were far easier ways to get to this point.

• Like 1

Orton's promo in that closing segment was so good. He should never, ever go full smilin' babyface because it just never works with him. His moveset has too many rest holds and he's too used to heat building segments. His babyface promos go nowhere too. As a heel though, man, what a dick. He still needs to change things up a bit and Taz's interview on Steve Austin's podcast had me thinking that Randy Orton doing a Fuck The World gimmick would be great. 

When I consider the vast sea of bland micarders I skip past every week (Ziggler, Miz, Kingston et al), it's a tribute to how much Johnny Curtis puts into the role that I never skip a Fandango match. He never just coasts it, but plays the role to the hilt in every match. I like Axel just fine as a wrestler, but I wish that Fandango never got that concussion that likely cost him the IC title.