DVDVR Message Board

The Slammys (Raw 12/09/13)

Dolfan in NYC

I really feel like they've been teasing the idea that HHH gets the title for the last 3 weeks.  Not sure how he gets past an elimination chamber match though.

HHH puts the Shield as three of the guys and mandates that he goes last. Reigns tries to grab the brass ring and spears HHH and almost gets the three before Ambrose makes the save. Rollins hesitates before helping Ambrose. The Shield ends up imploding, setting up a three-way at Wrestlemania.

• Like 1

I really feel like they've been teasing the idea that HHH gets the title for the last 3 weeks.  Not sure how he gets past an elimination chamber match though.

HHH puts the Shield as three of the guys and mandates that he goes last. Reigns tries to grab the brass ring and spears HHH and almost gets the three before Ambrose makes the save. Rollins hesitates before helping Ambrose. The Shield ends up imploding, setting up a three-way at Wrestlemania.

I like that bar one detail - no three way.

Ambrose and Rollins stay on the same page and Reigns is looking for a tag team partner in the weeks leading up to Mania with no luck because everyone is still pissed at getting speared and powerbombed

This can go a number of ways - The Rock comes back to defend his cousin. This would give Reigns a big credibility boost history wise I think. The Rock publically declaring Reigns as family would be a big deal.

One of the Hall of Famers runs down the aisle the night of Mania for a pop and to team with him. No idea who is being inducted this year. Any options? I'd say Goldberg but there's no way they would have him in a match with no build or hype.

Mania comes along and Reigns is standing alone against Ambrose and Rollins, gets beat down but eventually overcomes the odds and picks up the win on his own.

However, Summer is much better at being a manager. Actually, she's a great manager.

How so? She never seems to garner heel heat for him. In fact she seems to do the opposite because she's so damn hot. I'll say she has more character than Rosa, but that doesn't mean she's a great manager. 

Sunny did it for the Bodydonnas. Sure she ended up becoming the real star, but her bitchiness helped put a lot of heat on the Donnas, and later the Smoking Gunns. 

And in my opinion The Godwinns/Donnas/Gunns feud might have been one of the most compelling feuds of 96 due to the Sunny, and Phineas storyline.

Seems like the first thing Fandango's dance partner should be able to do is dance. Summer Rae can not. Fandangirl had the perfect balance of elegance and snobbiness. She was subtle, giving off the vibe that she wasn't really a bitch, just someone who happened to be with a bit of a dick. She was realistic. Summer Rae is too over-the-top, too mannered, too distracting. She's too obviously playing a character.

I dont' want to come off all weird about Fandangirl the way some people do with AJ, so I'll just close by saying that I'm possibly in love with her, and if she was selling her shit on ebay I would probably buy it.

• Like 2

I dont' want to come off all weird about Fandangirl the way some people do with AJ, so I'll just close by saying that I'm possibly in love with her, and if she was selling her shit on ebay I would probably buy it.

Since we are on the internet, I'm going to require you to be more specific about what of hers you want to buy on ebay.  "Shit" is both not specific enough and potentially far, far, far, far too specific.

• Like 2

At some point during this year's 2012 Slammy Awards, Cole said that Punk won the Heart Break Shit at last year's 2012 Slammy Awards but I'm pretty sure Cena actually won.

They did a good job keeping Reigns in the shot so you could see his reactions during the Ambrose match.

Orton was pretty great in that final promo.  I might've even believed him If he said he'd go to the papers if he had to.