DVDVR Message Board

Basically DVDVR LiveJournal

15 hours ago, Kang said:

Long road to 2025. Boopy boo. 

I'm gonna do one more final name change, back to the first name I had.

I shall miss KANG but I’m excited to see you bringing back the old gimmick.

• Like 1

Everyone in my office building went outside to look at it and stayed outside for 30+ minutes, at least 100 people. I couldn't tell if people were really THAT interested (it was about 80% covered where I live) or people were just taking the excuse to not work for a bit.

Got an almost 15% raise yesterday and we booked a house in Door County for our anniversary next month.  We're spending way too much, but we found a completely handicapped-accessible place that's right on the water and we had to jump at that.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Got an almost 15% raise yesterday and we booked a house in Door County for our anniversary next month.  We're spending way too much, but we found a completely handicapped-accessible place that's right on the water and we had to jump at that.

Enjoy both of you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Went to Door County with my wife's family a couple summers ago. I wasn't really all that stoked about going there, but ended up absolutely loving it. It's such a nice area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Log said:

Went to Door County with my wife's family a couple summers ago. I wasn't really all that stoked about going there, but ended up absolutely loving it. It's such a nice area.

I've only been once when I was 15/16 and I was bored that there wasn't much to do but sit by the water.  Now I'm 42 and cannot wait to go and not do much but sit by the water.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The Door County talk takes me back. Years ago I went to a wedding in Sturgeon Bay... Gina Schock (ex-Go-Go's) was performing with her band across the street from the reception hall, and we were going so hard that they all came over and partied with us after their show wrapped. 😃

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Pete said:

The Door County talk takes me back. Years ago I went to a wedding in Sturgeon Bay... Gina Schock (ex-Go-Go's) was performing with her band across the street from the reception hall, and we were going so hard that they all came over and partied with us after their show wrapped. 😃

That's funny because I was neighbors-ish with Jane Wiedlin when she lived in Madison; she lived in a fancy neighborhood and I was in the shitty apartments across the street. Our interactions were limited to saying 'hi' in the park a couple of times, though.

I did a performance of The Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Hollywood Bowl in 2005, that was hosted by Jane. I saved her from being hit by a loaf of bread during the credits.

On the SCTV vein…

The Rick Moranis George Carlin impression that caused Carlin to change his act:

As for the actual topic, I’m in the group of people who saw Jane Wiedlin first in Bill and Ted and then found out later “hey she’s in this band”

• Like 3

On 4/9/2024 at 1:41 PM, Zimbra said:

I've only been once when I was 15/16 and I was bored that there wasn't much to do but sit by the water.  Now I'm 42 and cannot wait to go and not do much but sit by the water.

When my wife & I went to Hawaii, one of my best days there was the day I just sat on the beach drinking Coke and reading a book about the 1992 Dream Team.

• Like 4

On 4/12/2024 at 6:00 PM, Tabe said:

When my wife & I went to Hawaii, one of my best days there was the day I just sat on the beach drinking Coke and reading a book about the 1992 Dream Team.

I've done a cruise once in my life, and I kind of wished the Cruise was just going out to the middle of the ocean and doing nothing but eating and drinking by the pool. Roaming Nassau for a day was neat, but it's kind of hard to enjoy that stuff in less than a day because you boarded a port. I think staying on the island is always the better move. I say that as there's a high likelihood a cruise is in my future again within the next 365 days. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Like 1

A year ago and I was working 50-60 hrs a week. Flash forward to now and we're barely hitting 40 hrs./wk. A few water leaks under the house(that have been fixed) and tomorrow an electrician is coming to fix a hanging outlet(that is under the house that the heat tapes for my water lines plug into) and do a safety inspection on the electrical system. Two things that I don't mess with are electrical and plumbing because with my luck I'd electrocute and drown myself simultaneously.

The wife graduates and gets her Bachelor's degree in less than a month, and she's already got a job lined up for next year. Which means that I can finally (!) drop the PT weekend gig that's been drainging the life out of me since the beginning of the year. She gets paid by her current job through July and will also get the first chunk of her incentive bonus from the new place that month, so I originally decided to hold out until then.  But, this past weekend was especially rough, so now I'm hoping I can last that long.  I told my cousin that I'm debating using the CM Punk line when I put in my notice and get the inevitable "Why?"  "I'm hurt, I'm old, I'm tired..........."

• Like 3

Our company president went on a rampage and fired most of the people who didn’t want to be here anyway (quiet quitters, culture warriors, people who wouldn’t come back to in-person work, the “all big companies are evil” set, etc.) so now those guys and gals suddenly care about their jobs and want me to intervene on their behalf  I mean, if I was going to do that, I would probably have done that last week when our prez pulled me into a meeting about some of the bad actors in my department.  Beyond that, well, my typical response goes something like “well, ordinarily I would, but do you remember that time when you went on social media and called me a moronic chud for supporting my employer?  No?  How about that time when you wished death on a coworker for voting Republican?  Not ringing a bell?  How about when you…..?”

I’m really curious what people expect to happen when they run to social media to bash their employers, clients, coworkers, etc. I mean, I know Gen-Z’ers don’t believe in consequences, but some of us older folk still do.

Anyway, company is better off today than it was last week, so I am content for now.

• Like 2

Today's been rough, 13 years since Lisa/GG passed away. Lisa/GG was my best friend and I was going to ask her out but I was too shy. Lisa was only 26. Fuck cancer. I'm best friends with Lisa's Mum, Alyson. We've regularly met since March 2017 to eat out. I love and miss you, Lisa. Paul xxx.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3