DVDVR Message Board

April 2024 Wrestling Talk

Jinder Mahal and Xia Li released by WWE according to Sapp. Both have 90-day non-competes.

Edit: Add Xyon Quinn

Edited by Peck
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, zendragon said:

May be an image of 2 people

Would you buy home owners insurance from these men? Tony in particular looks like he loves breakfast food and hates the government

Tony with the look of a man who insists it's tyranny to ban smoking at Denny's

• Haha 8

On 4/16/2024 at 1:47 AM, ChesterCopperpot said:

Screenshot-2024-04-15-204447.jpg

On 4/16/2024 at 2:21 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I guess it's alright. I just wish WWE would go back to the classic belts of the late 80s-90s before the attitude era. 

Smackdown spoiler:

Spoiler

https://images.footballfanatics.com/wwe-merchandise/wwe-tag-team-championship-replica-title-belt_ss5_p-201467105+pv-2+u-1prvoskxmbl4nwnp5hsz+v-5gdm3ca1vbidqkyvmdee.jpg?_hv=2&w=900

Smackdown definitely has the best tag team titles. Like both sets but Smackdown's a lot more. Smiled seeing the reveal thinking about Nice Guy Eddie's post.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Pushing for AEW to get Veer just to release a “RINKU SINGH IS COMING” graphic to announce his arrival

How does one have a guy whose story was in a movie called Million Dollar Arm and his finisher isn’t a callback to that phrase? Although I guess with his the vignettes defined him, his finish should have been Val Venus’ Money Shot splash

9 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Tony looks like the dad in an 80s sitcom where a lovable Soviet soldier accidentally lands in America and befriends the kids of a suburban family and they have to hide him from the nosy neighbors.

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Pushing for AEW to get Veer just to release a “RINKU SINGH IS COMING” graphic to announce his arrival

How does one have a guy whose story was in a movie called Million Dollar Arm and his finisher isn’t a callback to that phrase? Although I guess with his the vignettes defined him, his finish should have been Val Venus’ Money Shot splash

He did use a Million Dollar Arm finisher for a little while.

4 hours ago, Matt D said:

Tony looks like the dad in an 80s sitcom where a lovable Soviet soldier accidentally lands in America and befriends the kids of a suburban family and they have to hide him from the nosy neighbors.

That feels like a Yakov project that was trapped in development hell because he had 3 other projects with the exact same premise

3 hours ago, Gorman said:

He did use a Million Dollar Arm finisher for a little while.

Just realized that Million Dollar Armbar would work as a finisher name too, even if it was probably a little sarcastic

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Phil Schneider said:

I made a pro-wrestling version of Connections

https://connections.swellgarfo.com/game/-Nvt9WLDIksI7SpyyJK3

This is awesome, I'm a big Connections fan. I got purple and blue right away, but I'm stuck at "one away" for the next two

Spoiler

I thought it was that they were '80s IWGP champs and third Gen guys, but I'm missing or flip flopping someone

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath

That feels like a Yakov project that was trapped in development hell

In Soviet Union, development traps you!

Just realized that Million Dollar Armbar would work as a finisher name too

Hear me out: Million Dollar Armdrag, a high-velocity/impact armdrag sold as a knockout finisher.

Edited by Hamhock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, zendragon said:

Was at the museum of death this afternoon… he really was does

Which one? I've been to the one in Los Angeles. They had a life-size wax figure of GG Allin.

Speaking of Gacy also reminds me of Pogo the Clown from XPW, which, not a great idea looking back at it, huh? With a finisher called 'Buried in the Basement' and a feud with 'The Hardcore Homo' Angel (who, honestly, deserved better).

• Haha 1

That's the one, in the same room as the GG statue they have a Carcass picture disc and a Dawn of the Black Hearts picture disc. I stopped in before heading to The Rainbow for the enshrinement of Lemmy's ashes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Matt D said:

So are you trying to say that Tony looks like a crack addict on that picture?

2 hours ago, DMN said:

Which one? I've been to the one in Los Angeles. They had a life-size wax figure of GG Allin.

Speaking of Gacy also reminds me of Pogo the Clown from XPW, which, not a great idea looking back at it, huh? With a finisher called 'Buried in the Basement' and a feud with 'The Hardcore Homo' Angel (who, honestly, deserved better).

I'm wearing my shirt from the NOLA Museum of Death right now actually.

"Not a great idea looking back" could describe a bulk of what went on in XPW. It's kind of funny that a minor guy like GQ Money would up being a producer in WWE though.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

JR with the look of a man who works for a man who thinks Denny’s can deny service to “undesirables.”

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

JR with the look of a man who works for a man who thinks Denny’s can deny service to “undesirables.”

Well I mean, Ross *did* work for Watts...

• Haha 2

On 4/17/2024 at 9:12 AM, Technico Support said:

Caribbean change

No one knows the exact date range

Drop the strap to avoid a riot

Apter mags they don't buy it

That was Veneno? I seem to remember another name, but the story is funny. Also, Roddy Piper basically being Ric's bodyguard and being payed by the promoters with a spittoon full of cocaine 😆

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Matt D said:

God dammit Matt, you got whiskey up my nose

• Haha 1