DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 6/28 - 7/4/2023

Dolfan in NYC

16 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

I kept thinking the G1 started in August, forgot it's July. So in addition to Blood and Guts, that would take Kingston out of Death Before Dishonor as well. 

Solid Rampage. Claudio/Komander ruled, loved the shooting star from the rail and the nice KO finish. Spears/Blade definitely reminded me of Worldwide. Love to see Shida get the main event win. Wondering if they're actually going to get back around to Matt Hardy ending up turning Ethan Page face after all, that was the direction I was hoping they'd go before when it seemed they were starting to get along more. 

I think if we can consistently get Rampages like this, I'd be pretty happy with that development. Give some of those overlooked names some more air time and in-ring time. Shida and Taya had a fun match, and Shida has clearly been working on her English. Let her get more pre-match hype promos like that in. 

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 5

Loved the opener. I would be pushing Butcher and Blade (&Bunny) before I'd push Shawn Spears. Kinda liked the MNM style entrance for QTV although Johnny is a signing I didn't feel AEW needed, even though hes a talent I've always enjoyed watching. Here's to hoping Rampage continues to be AEW WorldWide

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Wait wait…is Collision taped?  Already?  Fuuuuuuuck.

Probably couldn’t find another building for this week so quickly, and they were already loaded in for Wednesday so they went for the next night. Similar reasoning for why Collision was in the same building as Forbidden Door last week. 

• Thanks 1

It's also Canada Day and if they were determined to stay in Canada, rather than truck everything back to the States for one show, having it live today would have been a disaster.

e: Looking at a map, the FirstOntario Center is only a 20 minute walk from Bayfront Park, where Hamilton is hosting their free Canada Day festivities. I don't know much about Hamilton, but that seems like it could have been trouble, traffic-wise

Edited by elizium
  • Like 3

All announced Collision shows up until September are live on Saturdays from a glance at their ticket website, except there isn’t anything announced for August 26th. Most likely because of All In travel, and my personal theory that All In will air either live or on tape delay on TNT commercial free.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Hasn't All In already been advertised as a ppv?

The rumor I've heard is that it's going to be the first PPV they broadcast through MAX, hence Khan's comment about letting WBD be the ones to announce how it'll be distributed.

• Like 3

Can Tony get the rights to the 90210 theme? Jack Perry coming out and posing under fans next to other sexy teens in their forties for an unnecessarily delayed period of time to that while his entrance video of him lounging on the top of his vintage car, playing football, and hanging out at the Peach Pit would be fucking immense.

Have him finally win a title only for his agent, Andrea Zuckerman to start strike action on behalf of the SAG due to the discriminatory nature of the title defence. I want to see Hook throw a picket line inflatable rat on its head 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Can Tony get the rights to the 90210 theme? Jack Perry coming out and posing under fans next to other sexy teens in their forties for an unnecessarily delayed period of time to that while his entrance video of him lounging on the top of his vintage car, playing football, and hanging out at the Peach Pit would be fucking immense.

Have him finally win a title only for his agent, Andrea Zuckerman to start strike action on behalf of the SAG due to the discriminatory nature of the title defence. I want to see Hook throw a picket line inflatable rat on its head 

Him Brock Anderson as The Middle aged Boy Wonders

• Haha 3

Collision continues to be great so far.  Fun show and a really good main event.

Punk Joe 4 is happening and I can’t fucking wait! Really loved every second of Joe trying to intimidate Punk while kicking the shit out of Roddy.

• Like 6

my feelings on Punk aside, I can't wait for Punk/Joe 4 and I am really enjoying Collision thus far.

But sweet christ, can we keep him the fuck away from anything regarding the World Title, or was having him parade around as the "real champ" the only way he wouldve come back without throwing tantrums.

and more of Ethan Page spotlighted please.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sunday morning Collision

• MJF vs Page: Nice piece of business here. MJF playing traveling champ against Bart Sawyer in Portland or Koko Ware in Memphis or Mark Lewin in New Zealand. Kelly and Nigel being on the call hurt it a bit since they're not as up with the Matt Hardy story. It's funny that Kelly seemed to be aware of the one week where MJF was going around fighting the Firm though. Page was putting on the babyface performance of his life but it did feel a little like Lex Luger being the narcissist one week and Lex Express Lex the next. Obviously nice, attentive selling of the leg and good intensity and focus by MJF. I love that Page kind of sort of lost the match because he spent the time to wave to his wife and kid. Poor guy. If MJF really does take "trophies" of moves from his defeated opponents, like the LeBell Lock and a dragon screw from Tanahashi, that's a fun bit. I also loved how vocal MJF was. He shouted "WHAT?" when he was eating a 'rana and something else as he was eating the power slam off the top. I don't remember him doing that so much. Maybe Page has a ceiling he hasn't reached yet, but I have a gut feeling this is one of the highlights of his career twenty years from now and he deserved this much at least.
  • Hobbs vs Dustin: Dustin has a new Goldust sting at the start of his music maybe? Nice, complete feeling match. Heat was all woundwork so that was the good stuff. Maybe a bit too much of the heat was on QT but that wasn't due to lack of trying for Hobbs, rubbing Dustin's blood on him, etc. Crowd really got int the stretch after the 1 count kick out, which was maybe a bit too soon after the Omega one from last week? QT had a great manager bump on the apron too.
  • Miro vs Henry: What you'd want a competitive squash to be. Henry went way up for Miro's suplexes, landing awkwardly. He had that nice little flurry before the Game Over but Miro knows exactly how much to give and when to give and he struck the balance perfectly. I want to see Miro vs Drake next.
  • BCG segment: I like Tony interacting with White. I like the potential of Juice and Austin's mania building on one another. Very much can't wait for Punk vs White singles.

And this is as far as I got since the 11 year old woke up and we have to get through Last Crusade before I can take her to the new Indy movie.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Sunday morning Collision

•  I also loved how vocal MJF was. He shouted "WHAT?" when he was eating a 'rana and something else as he was eating the power slam off the top. I don't remember him doing that so much.

MJF is extremely vocal, and it's one of my favourite things. On big back body drops, or when someone gets him up for a powerbomb you'll often hear an "oh shit!" Or "fuck!". It's a great little piece of his act.

• Like 7

Really enjoyed Collision this week, but I swear Kevin Kelly is going to be the death of me.

*Andrade cuts super impassioned promo*

Extreme Kevin Kelly voice "Looks like the House of Black will continue to be a paaaaiiiiiinnnn in the neck for Andrade el Idolo!"

I want to like Nigel, but he has the cadence of a WWE announcer, which makes sense I guess since he was there for so long. Less like he is naturally speaking and calling a match and more like disconnected sound bites.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, elizium said:

Really enjoyed Collision this week, but I swear Kevin Kelly is going to be the death of me.

*Andrade cuts super impassioned promo*

Extreme Kevin Kelly voice "Looks like the House of Black will continue to be a paaaaiiiiiinnnn in the neck for Andrade el Idolo!"

I want to like Nigel, but he has the cadence of a WWE announcer, which makes sense I guess since he was there for so long. Less like he is naturally speaking and calling a match and more like disconnected sound bites.

I was thinking to myself while watching it this morning that Kevin and Nigel sound like commentators in a video game. Disconnected sound bites is exactly it! Excalibur, Tony and Tazz sound like humans in a room together.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Fighting a man with a perm said:

MJF is extremely vocal, and it's one of my favourite things. On big back body drops, or when someone gets him up for a powerbomb you'll often hear an "oh shit!" Or "fuck!". It's a great little piece of his act.

If you put a hold on MJF in the video game, he sells it by screaming “Oh no! Oh god, no!”.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

But sweet christ, can we keep him the fuck away from anything regarding the World Title, or was having him parade around as the "real champ" the only way he wouldve come back without throwing tantrums.

This doesn't sound irrationally bitter, I'm pretty sure you're onto something. 

• Haha 1