DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 2/6 - 2/12/2022

Dolfan in NYC

They have announced a Ding Dong Help segment with Bayley and Toxic Attraction for NXT on Tuesday

Since RAW is in Orlando tonight, I have a feeling Bayley won't be the only person showing up

1) Chelsea Green rules. That is a fantastic character.

2) The cage match was really good. Felt like two people who do not like each other. The Lita run-in was really fun.  

3) Montez Ford is going to do some completely batshit thing in the chamber. I am excited for it. I kinda wish they would do a gauntlet ala Kofimania and let Ford have the big run and see where it goes. That dude does shit that is physically impossible.

4) Man oh man that Cody promo was awffffuuuuul. I am so out on this already. It is so cloying and phony. It took such an incredible amount of time for Cody to explain why he respects Heyman (and that reason - the one or two times Dusty showed up on ECW when they were poor - is a big reach considering what a sleaze Heyman is.) And then the amount of time it got for Heyman to get to the money shot was even more of a drag. Cody’s reaction should have been to knock The Wiseman out so now Roman has to put his eyes in him. Just some weak “crushing hand handshake” thing… bleh. Cody is absolutely not for me.

• Like 2

I thought it was an all right show tonight. Parts of it were good. Other's were just there. I'll skip to the Cody promo. Cody is going to face the same problem he had in AEW. People don't want this sanitized Cody that's glad handing people and kissing baby's. They want him to be The Nightmare. We know he has this assholeish person inside of him. But he's so damned determined to be a good guy. 

I liked the promo with him and Paul. I would have rather seen Cody been all "you used my father when he was at his lowest". But we got mutual respect instead. Heyman looked like he was gonna cry at one point. I love when he does that. Overall it was a good segment though. 

The cage match was good. I thought it had plenty of brutality and hatred. Was legit shocked when Lita showed up. Just wasn't expecting her to come out for the save.

Overall like I said, an all right show tonight.

Dug the parts of Dawkins/Priest & Ford/Elias I caught.

Corbin/Lumis was fine. The later segment with Bradshaw dropping Corbin was good and actually made you feel a bit sorry for Corbin. 

The 4-way was a decent showcase for Piper. She should have won. 

Hurt Business vs. Alpha Academy was decent though also a bit weird with no one really being established as face per say. 

Asuka/Chelsea was ok as a segment. Could have done without the EC participants coming out. 

The Cody/Heyman segment went too long though I thought Heyman's final bit was good. 

Becky/Bayley was easily the best thing tonight. Good stuff with the two just beating on each other. Only thing that would have made it better would have been blood. 

It's good to see the Hurt Business back and not being used as jobbers, though I would like to see them and Alpha Academy get a push. Cedric especially looked great and I'd love to see a longer match between he and Gable. Hopefully Lashley gets added back into the fold and they recommence the push they never should have lost.

I had the Cody segment on mute due to work stuff, but based on the reactions I see here it was probably in my best interests.

Chelsea doesn't do much for me one way or another but she did a good job being obliterated by Asuka who looked like a killer once again.

The main event was one of the better womens' cage matches I can remember. Despite Bayley having kind of a chickenshit heel character, there was minimal stooging and they were being vicious with eachother. It really came off that they wanted to hurt eachother and the Lita appearance was a nice spot at the end.

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

So when exactly did that happen in the match? Everything seemed fine only got them to show a shot post match of his bent finger. 

Right before the finish when Dijak got super kicked on the springboard he was holding his finger before the Flip Pele Kick. I noticed it when I watch match again last night. 

• Like 1

One thing I like about the predictable ebb and flow of WWE these days is if I'm looking for a big Cody segment live, I just need to check in at the top of the hour and if it's not his segment then I can go do something else for an hour. Very convenient. 

Cody reading as "cloying and phony" isn't a completely meritless feeling. I sort of felt that way during his Ring of Honor run (the one where he wore an actual Ring). My enjoyment of him is in large part a credit of his commitment to the bit and wearing me down over time by always being on. So like Octopus, I'm here for all the cheese. I demand all the cheese. So this was fun.

Sami's the elephant in the room and the biggest obstacle to the Cody plane making a safe landing at and following WrestleMania. A fine attempt was made to address it here, but this thing is still headed for choppy waters. So it's a good thing they worked to kick the Cody-Roman issue off hot and not just let Cody sit off to the side by himself for another couple weeks. This did a good job of letting people see what a Cody-Roman feud looks like and touch on what some of the issues are. Did they lean a little hard on Dusty in ECW? Maybe. But when Paul is making facials like that in response, I almost want to believe these two. 

Speaking of Paul, it got overlooked in the Roman and Sami of it all on last week's SmackDown, but I loved the small detail of him briefly staring at his feet while Roman is complaining about how everyone wants something from him. Even in little moments, he's still so good. 

Something Cody talked about in interviews when he was working with Seth was resenting some of the NXT people for being "Dusty's kids" or something to that effect. I worry there might be too much overlap if we're already playing in that same space with Paul's big line, but there's also something to be said of that consistency. 

Good segment. Good start to the build. Still a long way to go with so much that can go wrong. Exciting!  

• Like 6

16 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

The main event was one of the better womens' cage matches I can remember. Despite Bayley having kind of a chickenshit heel character, there was minimal stooging and they were being vicious with eachother. It really came off that they wanted to hurt eachother and the Lita appearance was a nice spot at the end.

I mean... not sure why Lita needed to do her little entrance dance before she actually got to the ring to help her friend... 

Glad I'm not the only one who also made this association. 

I feel like if they're going Asuka/Bianca at Mania, Asuka should've just won the Rumble to really get over the new look/persona as a killer threat. Can't see Carmella/Natalya/Cross in that spot, while I would love Raquel or less likely, Liv.

Rumors that the ending is to set up Becky, Lita, & Trish against Damage Control at the Chamber. Speaking of EC, was surprised to see Lesnar/Lashley going there instead of Mania.

Agreed on loving the Cody/Heyman promo.

KETCHIN UP!  So Damien Priest is the Jay Lethal of the WWE- a great wrestler who gets very little respect.  That match with Angelo Dawkins was good stuff.  It's Dexter Lumis!  It's Baron Corbin!  They do a really long chinlock and we all party and freak out.  Lumis looks good on offense.  I don't follow where this is going.  Yay!  It's Piper Niven!  Boo!  It's a four-way!  Niven looked good in this.  Candice LeRae was all highflying and shit!  That was fun.  Who was Carmella tag champions with before she got hurt?  That was some good stuff too.  The Alpha Academy has definitely morphed into the Workhorsemen of RAW.  Cedric Alexander and Chad Gable are a total HOOT in against each other.  Gable is fucking awesome.  Cedric Alexander is fucking awesome.   HURT BUSINESS WINS!  Chelsea Green looked pretty good in IMPACT!  Asuka would be the stiffest worker in the Knock Outs division and I don't think Green ever wrestled Masha Slamovich.  She starts in on Asuka and it's awesome!  Then they all look at everybody trying to enter the Elimination Chamber match and then Asuka destroys her- as this was a fun little angle disguised as a wrestling match.  It's Montez Ford!  It's Elias!  This is a house show match for the first part, which is fine.  Ford finally gets to the spectacular TV moves and hits an insane Tope Con Hilo over the ringpost and lays down the Love Machine Splash for the win.  That was pretty good.  BIG TIME BECKS and Bayley beat the hell out of each other in a steel cage!  Great Toprope Elbow by Bayley. but the MAN is bringing the ass beat to carry the match.  Bayley is bumping big into the sturdiest parts of the cage.  Bayley is really great at selling.  They should put a lid on the cage and just have them stand in the middle and beat each to death like they do for a minute there.  The spot following that is fun though, as Bayley flies into the sides of the cage.  NICE Belly to Belly Suplex by Bayley for TWO!  WWE cagematches are more like wider ladder match when every part of the story is a chase to see who can climb the cage the fastest- except the ladder is wider and you can do more with it.  HEY! IT'S LITA! AWESOME!  TWIST OF FATE!  OMEGA! OMEGA! OMEGA!  Lita slams the door on Bayley and Big Time Becks wins with a chokeslamming thingy.  That was good.  Bayley bumped giant wads.  Becky is fucking awesome.  That was quite the RAMPAGE! is RAW! with all the random match-ups- but I love RAMPAGE! so here's to you, HHH!  Keep mixing it up!  HHH! HHH! HHH!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I mean... not sure why Lita needed to do her little entrance dance before she actually got to the ring to help her friend... 

Glad I'm not the only one who also made this association. 

Special meter wasn't filled up yet of course so she had to taunt one more time.

Cody/Heyman promo was fire and hit on all the right beats. I understand that there are going to be some people who don't like Cody at all and never will so they'll just have to ride this out. The approach of Cody just seeing this as business works since it separates the issues between Sami and Roman and Cody and Roman. Everything else was solid.

Sami's sorta like late 90s Mick Foley at the top of the card, where there's gonna be people really wanting him to get his moments because of how much they like him.

It's not a perfect comp. But Sami is much more of an underdog babyface than Cody right now. Now I don't think they're gonna do Cody vs Sami ala Summerslam 92 with Heyman saying he will be in someone's corner. But they might have to navigate delicately if they mind that Sami's gonna have more support than Cody.