DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 10/26/2022

The Natural

Any guesses as to which former ROH champion will be Jericho's opponent next week? Will it be Claudio? I'd like to see Jericho defend the title at Full Gear. Imagine the pop say, Homicide would get from the North Jersey/NYC crowd. 

9 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I’m more curious who the “friend” will be in Darby vs Lethal.

My money's on Sting. Weren't they both on Impact together? Darby mentioned Sting hasn't been around.

Edited by mystman

16 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Sammy no longer has the cheap neckbeard heat for having a beautiful wife and his ring work has regressed if anything. I would seriously think of letting him walk or cutting the cord. I don't see a lot in him moving forward. That match was all Danielson.

Did you actually watch that match?

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

Crowd goes absolutely mild when he landed on his feet off the top rope back suplex. He's cold as hell.

To be honest, the hard camera crowds for AEW and WWE seemingly act like they've been abducted and forced to sit on camera at a show (the WWE hard camera crowds are a lot worse for that sort of thing). Fans are not exactly standing up too often and are just sorta there at times. Like they don't think it's socially acceptable to be loud at a wrestling card?

Although it's always possible that the mix sucks and the people in the cheap seats are undermiced.

• Sad 1

I need to watch most of the matches again, since I was preparing food and then eating it at the dinner table, like a civilized person for once, but holy hell was this a loaded show!

In the end there, The Firm apparently said "Fuck Your Retainer!"

That was a fucking three count on the Fear Factor! Mox realized he got super lucky due to an incompetent ref and finished the match as fast as possible after that one! Not a huge Penta fan, but he got robbed on that one!

OC being a fighting champion, because he just doesn't care, is awesome!

Sammy vs Bryan ended up being way better than I expected, but I missed most of it as explained previously, and need to rewatch it.

I wonder if Saraya vs Britt could be some sort of cinematic match, just to be on the safe side?

If they aren't building towards FTR vs The Acclaimed now, then it's going to be too late. I guess Donkey Club is vying for the ROH tag belts in December?

Is Hayter getting the title one PPV later than she should have?

Wheeler is becoming a real player. Him vs Danielson at Full Gear in some sort of respect match?

• Like 3

Hayter's stock went way up after that match. I still hate Riho though.

I absolutely LOVE that Jericho is going to go after all ROH champs now, give em' all hell Jericho!

That Elite promo was...something? I'm interested in seeing where that's going, but I'm fairly bummed it's going to lead to an Elite return. The conspiracy theories on Reddit have been pretty entertaining.

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Any guesses as to which former ROH champion will be Jericho's opponent next week? Will it be Claudio? I'd like to see Jericho defend the title at Full Gear. Imagine the pop say, Homicide would get from the North Jersey/NYC crowd. 

I was gonna guess Homicide just cause he's been on the show before

• Like 1

I was watching Ren Narita vs Tomohiro Ishii and realized that Danielson did the Ishii spot where he takes chops all across the ring to trap Sammy in the corner.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm picking Christopher Daniels.

• Like 3

I still have to watch the women's match and the main, but the first half of the show was very good. FTR vs SITG broke down too early for my liking but you can't fault the action. It really shows how Dax is just not the guy to be the torchbearer for Neo-Bret-ism though. Claudio looked like such a star in the opener and Sammy is pretty much the perfect 2022 Danielson opponent in giving him everything he could possibly want (even if it's not necessarily everything I want).

• Like 2

I'm now convinced it's going to be Adam Cole. If not next week, then maybe Full Gear.

6 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

W Morrissey is awesome! Him vs MJF is money. 

He just doesn't fit in a group with Ethan Page and other undercarders. He is too big for that (7 Feet? I think you can't teach that!?!). 

Morrissey looked to be in incredible shape. Major props to that guy. Have to agree with this, and others saying it though. I think they were going for a Nexus thing, but it didn't really work. It came off more to me like what one of those big NWO beatdowns from the '90s would've been like if they only sent Vincent, Michael Wallstreet, and a leather-pants clad Bossman to the ring.

• Like 2

Any guesses as to which former ROH champion will be Jericho's opponent next week? Will it be Claudio? I'd like to see Jericho defend the title at Full Gear. Imagine the pop say, Low Ki would get from the North Jersey/NYC crowd. 

FTFY.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jiji said:

Sammy no longer has the cheap neckbeard heat for having a beautiful wife and his ring work has regressed if anything. I would seriously think of letting him walk or cutting the cord. I don't see a lot in him moving forward. That match was all Danielson.

edit:

oh yeah

After a tremendous outing last week, this was the "bad" MJF this week. 

I thought he was crap last week too, but this one was all over the place and I was already leaning on the FFWD button before the Firm killed it dead.

If you take out the MJF segments, that was one of the best televised, crispest, well-put together wrestling TV programs that I can remember. Dude is an anchor, not a pillar.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

To be honest, the hard camera crowds for AEW and WWE seemingly act like they've been abducted and forced to sit on camera at a show (the WWE hard camera crowds are a lot worse for that sort of thing). Fans are not exactly standing up too often and are just sorta there at times. Like they don't think it's socially acceptable to be loud at a wrestling card?

Although it's always possible that the mix sucks and the people in the cheap seats are undermiced.

Other than their appreciation for the awesome FTR-SIOG tag, that crowd had a very WWE feel. Popped for entrances and catchphrases, cheered for cool heels, dead for matches.

• Like 1