DVDVR Message Board

DYNAMITE- 9/28/2022~!

DEAN

You know how The Beatles needed Billy Preston in the studio to be more productive towards the end because they all liked him so much that they were too embarrassed to fight with each other in front of him? I feel like if Takeshita had been at All Out shit could’ve gone down differently. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, (BP) said:

You know how The Beatles needed Billy Preston in the studio to be more productive towards the end because they all liked him so much that they were too embarrassed to fight with each other in front of him? I feel like if Takeshita had been at All Out shit could’ve gone down differently. 

He just shows up smiling everyday with Cinnabon for everyone. I love it. The roster ends up fat and happy. Beautiful.

• Like 6

This is pretty cool. As far as I'm aware, only two matches have been announced for Dynamite and both are top AEW guys vs "outside" wrestlers in matches that appeal pretty specifically to hard core pro wrestling fans. 

Mox vs Juice

Jericho vs Bandido

I'm not into "Attitude Era offence" Juice Robinson but I am really into "slugfest" Juice. I'm guessing Mox might drag him into slugfest mode. 

Bandido in AEW is even more exciting, to me, than Juice in AEW. 

I keep hoping we'll get Vikingo in AEW some day. Just putting that out there.

Of course, Mox and Jericho are both big names. But their opponents are maybe unfamiliar to """" casual"""" fans? 

I often get the sneaking suspicion that AEW are running a heat check. Following up a loaded card and a million -plus same-day US viewers with something that appeals more specifically to their core fanbase. Usually I don't give the slightest bit of any kind of shit about the ratings, but it will be interesting to see what happens this week. Particularly if they don't announce more matches.

Also Saraya and MJF are gonna speak. And JAS are reportedly gonna celebrate again.

I am stoked for the two announced matches. I like when my obsessive wrestling nerd friends and I are clearly the target audience.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Gordlow said:

I keep hoping we'll get Vikingo in AEW some day. Just putting that out there.

I’m totally down for willing Vikingo into an AEW existence. I’ve always assumed there’s some sort of visa issue or some shit as to why this thrilling performer is not yet in the fold. 

• Like 1