DVDVR Message Board

2022 WRESTLERS LEAVING COMPANIES THREAD (Releases, FAs, etc...)

RIPPA

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Well that certainly explains the Owens elimination because that was some big-time bullshit.

Eh.  I can’t muster much sympathy for KO. Once you sign that WWE contract, you get what you get.  Owens may not have specifically expected getting taken out of a high profile match by the owner’s red faced sweaty cokehead power tripping kid when he re-upped, be he definitely should have expected some sort of bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Shane obviously loves wrestling but I'm sure once he figured he wasn't going to be the successor to Vince running the company, he got his other other projects going on for him. I sure there was probably some resentment towards Vince, Hunter and Steph for getting ahead of the line at some point but props to him for moving beyond wrestling and not really needing the family business. He's probably just as amused as we are about how much Hunter has fallen out of favor.

Also I find it hard to believe too many people outside of Brock that's actual inring talent were vocal and open to Shane himself about their displeasure for the booking of the Rumble.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

but was Shane willing to have Brock Lesnar show up and wreck Raw Underground like it's Sid destroying the Barber Shop set?

I'll take any excuse to post this.

Necessary-Offensive-Condor-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I do love everyone falling all over themselves to say "Cokehead" without saying "Cokehead."

To Vince, the fact that Shane has no actual aptitude for the wrestling business is no big deal. But a McMahon who can't handle his cocaine? Unforgivable...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

it's always possible that there's other drugs that could make Shane really unbearable on Rumble day, like maybe he was snorting trucker pills

Speed can be so powerful it makes you wanna join the Kiss-My-Ass Club.

Sounds like he was begging for it.

8 hours ago, Mario said:

Honestly, I'm hoping this was his last run as a wrestler.  He seemingly blew up and was drenched in sweat from coming to the ring.  He generally looks alarmingly red-faced during matches and he's in his 50's.  Considering his matches are usually built around dangerous spots, it's probably time he stops doing those before he injures himself or someone else.

I'm still shocked he ever wrestled again after that Survivor Series match where Roman speared him out of the Coast to Coast and he got that ridiculous concussion. Like you're in your 50s dude with a family and probably all the money you could ever want. I get that performing is a hell of a rush, but everyone ages out of it eventually. And you have to come to grips with that.

• Like 1

I just saw a Cultaholic video in which they claimed that someone in WWE reached out to Tony Khan to say "Don't sign Shane McMahon, he's an egomaniac asshole".

Nothing really new coming from the new WON regarding Shane outside of that apparently the person Shane was most unprofessional with was James Gibson (aka Jamie Knoble). So between that and Shane directly butting heads with Brock (since he was trying to tell Brock what to do - which apparently is a big no no) - the quote was "Vince had no choice but to fire Shane"

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Nothing really new coming from the new WON regarding Shane outside of that apparently the person Shane was most unprofessional with was James Gibson (aka Jamie Knoble). So between that and Shane directly butting heads with Brock (since he was trying to tell Brock what to do - which apparently is a big no no) - the quote was "Vince had no choice but to fire Shane"

What kind of asshole do you have to be for Vince McMahon to look at his own son and think, "wow, you're too much of an asshole?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, AxB said:

I just saw a Cultaholic video in which they claimed that someone in WWE reached out to Tony Khan to say "Don't sign Shane McMahon, he's an egomaniac asshole".

That's some double reverse Jedi Mind Trick fuckery there.

43 minutes ago, Uncle Coaster said:

I attended Royal Rumble in person with a seat along the ramp. I was able to get a quick handshake with Shane as he was walking toward the back after his Rumble appearance. I can confirm the man was sweating like nobody should sweat.

Doing the lord's work here.  Asking the tough questions.  Hardcore investigation into the perspiration.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, supremebve said:

What kind of asshole do you have to be for Vince McMahon to look at his own son and think, "wow, you're too much of an asshole?"

This and the nerve to tell BROCK LESNAR what to do. Some reason it reminds me off Chris Jericho getting into an argument with Brock Lesnar in Gorilla Position when Lesnar busted Randy Orton open hardway at SummerSlam 2016.

30 minutes ago, Uncle Coaster said:

I attended Royal Rumble in person with a seat along the ramp. I was able to get a quick handshake with Shane as he was walking toward the back after his Rumble appearance. I can confirm the man was sweating like nobody should sweat.

Shane McMahon needs to learn from Prince Andrew how not to sweat.

Your story reminds me of my friend, @NikoBaltimore getting a high five from Becky Lynch and commenting how pretty she was. Glad it happened to someone so nice in Nick!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I keep thinking about Shane making a dream match list like Cody but it’s all wrestling failsons. 

Garrett Bischoff

David Flair 

Erik Watts 

David Sammartino

Scott Putski

This is obviously leading to Shane returning to lead an invasion by that group.  Rumors are that Greg Gagne will act as their manager since he invented the nWo and all.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I keep thinking about Shane making a dream match list like Cody but it’s all wrestling failsons. 

Garrett Bischoff

David Flair 

Erik Watts 

David Sammartino

Scott Putski

I imagine Shane getting through all of them, red faced and drenched in sweat, thinking his labors were finished, and then the bosses -- George Gulas and Greg Gagne -- come out like Kintaro and Shao Khan.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Shane McMahon needs to learn from Prince Andrew how not to sweat.

Your story reminds me of my friend, @NikoBaltimore getting a high five from Becky Lynch and commenting how pretty she was. Glad it happened to someone so nice in Nick!

Man, that takes me back.  I almost regret putting whatever the fuck I said in spoilers (it was a couple paragraphs worth of "Settle down, dude!") but yeah that was a helluva way to end my last WWE show I went to.

Now if it was Shane that was passing by I think I would get as far back as possible whether he's sweating or not.  I don't want to say I never cared for him but the past few years showed to me that he really hasn't matured in terms of character or how wants to present himself.  I hope he's good with his other ventures as I think it's time he stops with WWE for good.