DVDVR Message Board

2022 WRESTLERS LEAVING COMPANIES THREAD (Releases, FAs, etc...)

RIPPA

11 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I keep thinking about Shane making a dream match list like Cody but it’s all wrestling failsons. 

Garrett Bischoff

David Flair 

Erik Watts 

David Sammartino

Scott Putski

This is obviously leading to Shane returning to lead an invasion by that group.  Rumors are that Greg Gagne will act as their manager since he invented the nWo and all.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I keep thinking about Shane making a dream match list like Cody but it’s all wrestling failsons. 

Garrett Bischoff

David Flair 

Erik Watts 

David Sammartino

Scott Putski

I imagine Shane getting through all of them, red faced and drenched in sweat, thinking his labors were finished, and then the bosses -- George Gulas and Greg Gagne -- come out like Kintaro and Shao Khan.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Shane McMahon needs to learn from Prince Andrew how not to sweat.

Your story reminds me of my friend, @NikoBaltimore getting a high five from Becky Lynch and commenting how pretty she was. Glad it happened to someone so nice in Nick!

Man, that takes me back.  I almost regret putting whatever the fuck I said in spoilers (it was a couple paragraphs worth of "Settle down, dude!") but yeah that was a helluva way to end my last WWE show I went to.

Now if it was Shane that was passing by I think I would get as far back as possible whether he's sweating or not.  I don't want to say I never cared for him but the past few years showed to me that he really hasn't matured in terms of character or how wants to present himself.  I hope he's good with his other ventures as I think it's time he stops with WWE for good.

12 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Man, that takes me back.  I almost regret putting whatever the fuck I said in spoilers (it was a couple paragraphs worth of "Settle down, dude!") but yeah that was a helluva way to end my last WWE show I went to.

Now if it was Shane that was passing by I think I would get as far back as possible whether he's sweating or not.  I don't want to say I never cared for him but the past few years showed to me that he really hasn't matured in terms of character or how wants to present himself.  I hope he's good with his other ventures as I think it's time he stops with WWE for good.

Glad it happened to a stand up fella in you, @NikoBaltimore. The Man meeting The Man. Fine way to bow out of your last WWE show.

Yeah, I'd pass on sweaty Shane O'Mac.

3 hours ago, AxB said:

I just saw a Cultaholic video in which they claimed that someone in WWE reached out to Tony Khan to say "Don't sign Shane McMahon, he's an egomaniac asshole".

Really, there's only one reason for AEW to sign Shane, and that's to have him cut a scorched earth anti-Vince promo. Which Tony Khan could just as easily have had Mox or Miro or Punk do if he was so inclined, which he wasn't. After that, what do you do with Shane? At least in his younger days he could connect the dots between high spots to get through a match, but now he's complete bollocks. And the punches...man at least back in the day it was clear that they were meant to mock his opponents more than hurt them, but since his comeback he expects them to be sold like Ip Man vs. a Japanese soldier...

Edited by The Comedian
grammar
  • Like 1

The catch with hiring Shane is that he’d be worthless to AEW beyond an initial appearance until he took care of whatever’s going on with him, and by the time he got his shit together he’d just probably go patch things up with Vince. And really besides maybe one attraction match or a lame on screen authority figure role he’d be worthless anyway. 

1 hour ago, Log said:

This is obviously leading to Shane returning to lead an invasion by that group.  Rumors are that Greg Gagne will act as their manager since he invented the nWo and all.

Dammit, the High Flyers were too good for Greg Gagne to be a failson, crazy nWo assertions aside. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Can we slot Dominick Mysterio into this equation or has he developed any more?

Luchadores don’t peak until they’re in their 40s

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

The catch with hiring Shane is that he’d be worthless to AEW beyond an initial appearance until he took care of whatever’s going on with him, and by the time he got his shit together he’d just probably go patch things up with Vince. And really besides maybe one attraction match or a lame on screen authority figure role he’d be worthless anyway. 

yeah, AEW shouldn’t take the TNA route of bringing in dudes to cut promos on people who aren’t in their company anyways.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Dammit, the High Flyers were too good for Greg Gagne to be a failson, crazy nWo assertions aside. 

Man, I love those guys back in the days. Jumpin' Jim Brunzell/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Man, I love those guys back in the days. Jumpin' Jim Brunzell/

Brunzell was great in the High Flyers and the Killer Bees and should be talked about in the pantheon of great tag team workers more often.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Michael Nakazawa Vs. Shane McMahon in a one-off comedy match would be amazing. They would need Kimona Wanalaya to buy time for the show time while they clean up the ring after the match.

Would she also dance atop Daley's Place? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3