DVDVR Message Board

2022 WRESTLERS LEAVING COMPANIES THREAD (Releases, FAs, etc...)

RIPPA

On 1/24/2022 at 7:06 AM, AxB said:

Biff Busick is headlining a Beyond Wrestling show the day after his deal expires. It's called Day 91. He's wrestling SLADE.

On the one hand it doesn't sound like a fair fight. OTOH, they've all got to be in their 70s by now.

J2HRHESL7NB7BA6P7RSJ2S47YE

• Haha 13

8 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

I would like to (or learn of) The Brian Kendrick as a behind the scenes guy - producer, trainer, scout and/or agent. The man has the knowing of a lot of things, and is very over with the workers who are in the know.

That was the video they did back when he transitioned to coach

• Like 1

Some less reputable NEWZ~ sites are reporting that WWE has released Shane McMahon. But nowt from Meltzer or SRS so far, so it might be bollocks.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, kafkonia said:

I'm sorry, but Kendrick and Hero are years past their "top of the card" sell-by date for any national company. Yes, they're more or less contemporaries with Punk and Danielson, but they've also never come close to being as big. (And I say this as a die-hard fan of THE Brian Kendrick, and firm believer that getting a pinfall in that scramble match should make him a former world champ.)

They'd be fine at the Lethal/Sydal level of "experienced vet who fills out the upper-lower-middle of the card."

Hero is always going to be a massive "What If" for me, just the biggest, most talented "never was" I've seen.  His 2013-2016/17 indy run was amazing, but then he went back to NXT and did nothing and never became anything.  At the same time, maybe there wasn't much for him on the indies to be able to make a living, so I can't fault the guy. 

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Some less reputable NEWZ~ sites are reporting that WWE has released Shane McMahon. But nowt from Meltzer or SRS so far, so it might be bollocks.

Understandable if it's true. WWE must be worried that Shane's awesome strikes will expose how phony Brock, Riddle, and other so-called tough guys are...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Wasn't Shane potatoing the fuck out of everyone in the Rumble?  I guarantee he saw this gif a bunch of times since then and was like "I'LL SHOW THEM!" 

Speaking of potatoes, can someone remind me of where this quote comes from?  "Kid, just go ahead and hit me with your shoot punches because your working punches are killing me."

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Speaking of potatoes, can someone remind me of where this quote comes from?  "Kid, just go ahead and hit me with your shoot punches because your working punches are killing me."

Did someone say this to Bob Holly? Or was it Bart Gunn?

To be fair, SRS backed up an earlier Ringside News article about Shane having heat backstage and admonishing Jamie Noble over the layout of the Rumble. And Andrew Zarian basically said the part about Shane no longer being booked for Elimination Chamber and WrestleMania is true.

But, yeah, fuck Ringside News.

(I'm not being sarcastic - fuck them)

Welp…

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Wyld Samurai said:

Could Shane be... All Elite?

I would assume not but my dream is still that Shane and Hunter create their own fed just because of the laughs

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Just now, Wyld Samurai said:

Could Shane be... All Elite?

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

I would assume not but my dream is still that Shane and Hunter create their own fed just because of the laughs

You know, I always found it really interesting that Shane's original vision for WWECW really closely aligned with what later ended up being HHH's NXT. Obviously, it means nothing in terms of power in the company or anything of that nature, but it does make one wonder what those guys working together creatively would have been like, were they able.