DVDVR Message Board

2022 WRESTLERS LEAVING COMPANIES THREAD (Releases, FAs, etc...)

RIPPA

15 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Now that he’s gone again. I think it’s safe to say Shane’s probably a coke addict.

Shane McMahon/CM Punk feud confirmed

edit: i meant this as a coke/pepsi joke, not a straight edge thing. 

Edited by twiztor
clarifying and therefore ruining my own joke
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

I agree with Bryan, Shane is an escape goat for that boring Rumble match. If he did book that Rumble match shame for them for letting his ideas get through. 

Atleast we are safe from our token McMahon Family WrestleMania match with Hunter presumably in no condition to have another match and Shane gone for the time being and I don't scenario where Sheph gets back in the ring although we know never to rule Vince himself out for anything but I'd be more than okay with any of them never wrestling again. 

I've always pictured Shane being booked by Vince in a way to make up for lost times I guess. I never could picture Shane carrying himself as the entitled bookers son that he portrayed when he wad younger in the Attitude era.  I just picture him wanting to be viewed as one of the boys and not wanting to get heat but apparently not . He by far was the most entertaining McMahon as far as match wise but it had been getting ridiculous with him have a spot on these main PPVS, especially WrestleManias. It was cute when he first came back and was GM. But him and Hunter and Taker taking up someone else's spot. On top of the fact that you feel the need to go 15 to 20 minutes or so knowing you can't hold up for that long.

Edited by Ziggy
  • Like 2

Wonder if a certain somebody in the office decided "hey, Shane is one of the least likely people to work against us anyways, so why keep him on the payroll?"

As far as bosses sons go, Shane probably owns a bit of stock anyways and he has money, so the Khanate is just making a business decision

4 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Atleast we are safe from our token McMahon Family WrestleMania match with Hunter presumably in no condition to have another match and Shane gone for the time being a

Did I miss Steph's retirement announcement?

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

There goes my interest in WWE again.

8 hours ago, nofuture said:

EGFBoqrW4AEi_Qq.jpg

Yes please.

13 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I agree with Bryan, Shane is an escape goat for that boring Rumble match. If he did book that Rumble match shame for them for letting his ideas get through. 

PWInsider reported: "Regarding Shane picking up heat on the day of The Rumble, word going around is that he was obviously frustrated that day. It was believed by some that his frustration had to do with Vince shooting down some of his ideas for the match. The talk was that Shane was upset over the fact that “he wasn’t being allowed to do what he wanted” and that he was “greatly pre-occupied” by his own spot in the Men’s Rumble."

Succession comparisons aside, modern-day WWE and the McMahon clan strike me as a bit closer to another HBO family dominated by an aging father who is losing his fastball, but who also unfortunately has a bunch of dimwitted kids who are in no position to take over for him:

righteous-gemstones-hbo-cast-poster.jpg

Edited by SirSmellingtonofCascadia
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Succession comparisons aside, modern-day WWE and the McMahon clan strike me as a bit closer to another HBO family dominated by an aging father who is losing his fastball, but who also unfortunately has a bunch of dimwitted kids who are in no position to take over for him:

I love it. That makes Hunter BJ in this scenario. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

I mean I've been beating the drum before that what's happening behind the scenes in WWE is infinitely more interesting than their on-air product.