DVDVR Message Board

Random TV Thoughts

EVA

Aw, now that is just mean!

I wonder if Elizabeth Berkley's partner is going to be a pole?

#jokesnoonewillget

Who wouldn't get that?

People who were, unlike myself, smart enough never to watch Showgirls ever in their lives.

How old are you by chance?  It came out when I was 14, and I made a date with myself when it premiered on Showtime.  Seriously, kids that have access to the internet will never have the joy I felt when I first watched that movie.  I heard about the movie probably a year before I actually watched it, and I had to wait all that time in order to see what all the fuss was about.  I will not stand for any disparaging remarks about Showgirls.

• Like 1

Yeah I really grew to hate Jim. He has this air of unearned superiority about him. Where he can't seem to interact with anyone without being a snarky ass. I kinda wanted Roy to break his face. I still never get what is so bad about Roy. He is thoughtless at times, but is a generally solid guy who works hard.

He was REALLY thoughtless and had violent outbursts.  He wasn't a monster but he also wasn't "a generally solid guy".

• Like 1

Who are these people? Identify yourselves. That movie was tremendous.

Paul Verhoeven and topless Jesse Spano are a winning combination. 

That movie is just camp genius.  You've got Berkeley "dancing" like a spazz who's trying to injure people the entire time - and then using those exact same moves in the pool with McLachlan.  There's the awful acting, the wretched dialogue, and the general sleaziness of the whole thing.  It's awesome!

• Like 1

So I've been playing catch up getting ready for the new season, this meant getting to the last three episodes of last season's Person of Interest. The first episode was kinda meh but boy the last two episodes of the season were so great. So many really great moments and really left the show with one big question mark for the third season's status. Crazy to think of Sarah Shahi going from Fairly Legal to this.

Yeah I really grew to hate Jim. He has this air of unearned superiority about him. Where he can't seem to interact with anyone without being a snarky ass. I kinda wanted Roy to break his face. I still never get what is so bad about Roy. He is thoughtless at times, but is a generally solid guy who works hard.

He was REALLY thoughtless and had violent outbursts.  He wasn't a monster but he also wasn't "a generally solid guy".

I dunno, you saw it more recently than I did, so I am probably forgetting something. Though like a flower, Roy blossomed into a beautiful rose without Pam. So everybody wins.  

I know they needed to frame Roy like a bad guy, but he was really just a slightly more realistic Andy from PARKS AND REC.

A guy who wasn't yet grown up enough to not be selfish and who was still too young and hot-headed.  But he'd figure shit out.

Take Andy and add the potential for outbursts of destructive "man shit" that don't fit into the pastoral Parks and Rec world...and you have something closer to a normal 23 year old guy. 

• Like 1

BILL NYE~!

And who is really going to vote Valerie Harper off of the show?

Halfway through the season, she'll be replaced by Sandy Duncan and nobody will notice.

That gets a slow clap from me.  Well played, indeed.

• Like 1

I haven't paid much attention to Futurama lately.  Half the time, I forgot to watch or record it, and when I did catch it, it didn't seem like I was missing much.

Did catch the finale last night.  It was pretty damn great.  Not sure there was a better way for the show to bow out.

Newest Dancing With the Stars cast

• actor Brant Daugherty;

Scrolled through this and thought it said Brian Dennehy and got this theme stuck in my head:

Surprisingly, Brian Keith isn't Brian Dennehy either.

• Like 1

The FX executives made a spinoff channel and named it, FXX.  They follow this up by putting their popular comedy programming on the FXX channel against their FX current summer programming (The Bridge) at the same weekly timeslot.  Makes sense.

• Like 1