DVDVR Message Board

Random TV Thoughts

EVA

Season one of Heroes was some of the best TV ever with a really shitty season finale. Season 2 was pretty bad with Season 3 being even worse. Season 4 was a little better with an interesting conclusion but when it was cancelled I shed no tears.

Anyone watching Burn Notice? They really took it in an interesting direction this week and I am curious what everyone thinks. Can't believe only two episodes left and it is over.

Burn Notice has been so bad the last season or 2 that I've only been watching the last few minutes of the episodes to keep up. I'll be fine with however they end it as long they actually do end it and don't kill off Sam. I've read that USA might give Sam and Jesse a spinoff series, not sure how valid that is but I'd really enjoy that.

Burn Notice seems like Nip/Tuck in that it was a great fresh show but it just went way too long and became atrocious by the end.

*sigh* If I told my kid to go and read Bullfinch's Mythology, she'd look at me as if I was crazy.

But I am here at work and my young'un has been watching the Clash of the Gods marathon on History Channel for four hours straight.

Anyone watching Burn Notice? They really took it in an interesting direction this week and I am curious what everyone thinks. Can't believe only two episodes left and it is over.

I expected them to go in that direction the way the season was built and with everything that has happened t Michael over the last few years since his burn notice. Not sure I like it though I understand it.

Ok Under the Dome has gone from good (pretty much just the pilot episode) to kinda bad but good enough to keep me watching to downright fucking shit.  "Hey dude who chained me up in a bomb shelter for days...SURE I'll follow you out to your Mom's art shack all alone!" "Hey Sheriff Helicopter Pilot from Lost, let's make our illegal drug money exchange right here in front of the warehouse full of our supplies that has a gigantic fucking security camera on it!"  "Hey lady who now seems integral to the plot and is controlling the two male leads, way to stay hidden in this town that is seemingly small enough that EVERY FUCKING GODDAMNED building in town seems to be less than a block from the dome."

Yeah, as soon as I realized that she was legit and not a hologram or figment of someone's imagination, I was pissed, and opted out of the series. 

But Winona Givens is ridiculously hot. 

Posted Image

Season one of Heroes was some of the best TV ever with a really shitty season finale. Season 2 was pretty bad with Season 3 being even worse. Season 4 was a little better with an interesting conclusion but when it was cancelled I shed no tears.

There were FOUR seasons of Heroes?!?!?

I was having a hard time sleeping last night so I decided to find something to watch on demand. I made a bad choice and went with Hardcore Pawn: Chicago. Took the whole fake reality TV bullshit to a new level. With a storyline on the show of one of the guys that owns the place disappearing over and issue with a fake mafia guy and a hot dog stand. I thought wow I can't believe someone could put something this bad together and have it actually get on TV. Show ends and it all makes sense in the credits. A Bischoff-Hervey production.

I thought wow I can't believe someone could put something this bad together and have it actually get on TV. Show ends and it all makes sense in the credits. A Bischoff-Hervey production.

They also do this horrible fake biker show that I mentioned on the old board. Avoid at all costs.

I like Zachary Quinto but Sylar really should have died in Season 1. He unnecessarily became the focal point of the show with everyone being too weak or, in Peter's case, too stupid to stop him. Any character they debuted with a cool or interesting ability was usually just fodder for Sylar to kill so he could become more powerful.

Or better yet, if they could have gotten Christopher Eccleston like they wanted and played the character as a priest who goes mad from the "hunger" of acquiring new abilities. Who then dies at the end of Season 1. 

So I'm about four episodes into Hemlock Grove and I honestly have no idea why it was shit on so badly. I'm four or five episodes in and I'm really digging it. I'm not saying its perfect and there are some cringe moments (the mothers horrible british accent) but I enjoy the methodical pace and the mysteries. Its a lot better than a lot of other sci fi shows like Revolution. 

So I'm about four episodes into Hemlock Grove and I honestly have no idea why it was shit on so badly.

Beacause it is en vogue to hate on Eli Roth.  It would probably be a bit more well received if his name weren't attached to it.

I like Zachary Quinto but Sylar really should have died in Season 1. He unnecessarily became the focal point of the show with everyone being too weak or, in Peter's case, too stupid to stop him.

Once the Sylar cult of personality was formed, you knew there was no way that they'd get rid of him.  He was ratings.  Rather than have one good X-Men vs. Magneto moment and be done with it, they just lest Sylar continue to go on and on and on.  They lost me after Season One because I waited for that FF vs. Dr. Doom brawl in the middle of the city that never happened.

I don't know weither to be done with Newsroom, or to keep watching it to see just how much worse it gets.  Since every week, it seems to be finding new ways to make the characters as incompetent as possible.

And shit, you just cooked a story and edited an interview with a 3-Star General to accuse the US Army of war crimes and using chemical weapons against a civillian population because you had a hard-on to embarass the Military because you didn't like the Gitmo pics.  I'd be more worried about how hard the AG's office is gonna come down on you while having no protection from the Network conglomerate that just fired you than suing them for wrongful termination because no one else got fired for fucking up yet.

This has to be the most unrealistic "realistic" show ever made.

I like Zachary Quinto but Sylar really should have died in Season 1. He unnecessarily became the focal point of the show with everyone being too weak or, in Peter's case, too stupid to stop him. Any character they debuted with a cool or interesting ability was usually just fodder for Sylar to kill so he could become more powerful.

Or better yet, if they could have gotten Christopher Eccleston like they wanted and played the character as a priest who goes mad from the "hunger" of acquiring new abilities. Who then dies at the end of Season 1. 

...They did have Eccleston.

Posted Image

FSW is correct.  Eccleston left both Dr. Who and Heroes for fear of typecasting, so he did not commit to a full season of Heroes.

In retrospect, it looks like he was right.

FSW is correct.  Eccleston left both Dr. Who and Heroes for fear of typecasting, so he did not commit to a full season of Heroes.

In retrospect, it looks like he was right.

Depending on which story about Eccleston and Dr. Who is running at what point in time.