DVDVR Message Board

RAW - 11/30/15

Dolfan in NYC

Not going to lie, I turned off RAW before the main event and felt that up to that point it was clearly the weakest of the ones I've watched since returning.

My favourite moment was The Miz taking his life into his own hands by briefly talking shit to Rusev before realizing he wants to live.

Seamus is also a much better promo than Triple H, so that part didn't totally suck either. Also the SEAMUS 5:15 shirt is classic pro wrestling.

Wait wait wait wait wait...

So, I watched this shit show with the benefit of not seeing any commercials. So, it struck me as pretty odd that Tommy Dreamer would be brought in with how much of a mess his brain is when they're preventing DB from returning because of concussion issues. I figure that's your typical WWE bullshit.

And then I see that TV spots for Concussion were airing DURING Raw? Are you shitting me? The movie where Dr. Maroon is the bad guy has ad time during Raw...

That's pretty funny. I think it says a lot about how shitty WWE is too, but mainly, it's pretty damn funny.

The commercials for "Concussion" were aired during Thanksgiving football too. I hope you stopped in to the football threads to point out how shitty the NFL is too.

Del Rio being put with the Euros seems overly forced. Pretty blah show from what I saw, but I was busy stopping fights with angry, diving, whining, fake-puking Latinos at soccer last night, so I will give this a full watch later on this week.

There was talent, it just wasn't used properly (if at all), or just didn't want to be there (in Del Rio's case)

There were a bunch of guys who are alright (all those late 2000s guys), but did they have anyone who would've been a top 5 worker in any year from 2012-2014? Del Rio maybe? Again, seriously who was the best worker?

Raw was no great shakes 4 months ago, but going from Rollins as the primary double-duty match guy to Roman and losing a reliable decent 10-minute match guy like Cesaro is still going to have a noticeable negative effect on the show.

The League of Nations?   

Um, okay, I guess. 

So we're naming heel stables after defunct international organizations now?

I await the arrival of the Prince Nana led OAU into Ring of Honor. 

Now that I think about it, I'd actually like to see that happen in RoH.

• Like 1

The League of Nations?   

Um, okay, I guess. 

So we're naming heel stables after defunct international organizations now?

I await the arrival of the Prince Nana led OAU into Ring of Honor. 

Now that I think about it, I'd actually like to see that happen in RoH.

Great, now I'm sad we never got Nikolai Volkov and Ivan (or Scott) Putski as The Hanseatic League

Also, that every evil russian who turned face after the collapse of the soviet union who magically became "Lithuanian" as part of their face turn were no more legit Lithuanian than they were legit Russian.

[Volkov's actually Serbian, right?]

Not just defunct but one that was an incredible failure. Sounds about right.

We have a history nerd on the writing team now, right?

We have a stable called the "League of Nations" and a top face who calls his fans the "Roman Empire."

The LON should change their name to The Visigoths in that case.

Not just defunct but one that was an incredible failure. Sounds about right.

We have a history nerd on the writing team now, right?

We have a stable called the "League of Nations" and a top face who calls his fans the "Roman Empire."

The LON should change their name to The Visigoths in that case.

Nah man, this is a history nerd fantasy booking an alternate reality. What if the League of Nations went back in time and fought the Roman Empire?

It makes perfect sense for the New Day to join the League of Nations.  Kofi is from Ghana, and Xavier is from Georgia. Just pretend he's the from the Georgia with a Tblisi, and not the one with an Atlanta, and you're fine.

It makes perfect sense for the New Day to join the League of Nations.  Kofi is from Ghana, and Xavier is from Georgia. Just pretend he's the from the Georgia with a Tblisi, and not the one with an Atlanta, and you're fine.

Something that goofy would never w

tracy-smothers-picture-16.jpg

Oh.

• Like 3

The commercials for "Concussion" were aired during Thanksgiving football too. I hope you stopped in to the football threads to point out how shitty the NFL is too.

Del Rio being put with the Euros seems overly forced. Pretty blah show from what I saw, but I was busy stopping fights with angry, diving, whining, fake-puking Latinos at soccer last night, so I will give this a full watch later on this week.

First, you assume I watch football, which I don't because I cut the cord, so I would have no idea those commercials were airing then.

Second, what does it matter if I mentioned those commercials here? I read about them somewhere else and thought that was fairly crazy.

Actually, on that note the one thing I miss about the European Championship is the gag representation of Europe from the bearer, i.e. D'Lo Brown's hometown changing weekly to Stockholm, Brussels, etc. and Al Snow's theme song lyrics getting translated into French or German (and his Titantron graphic becoming the most cliche imagry of each national culture). 

Actually, on that note the one thing I miss about the European Championship is the gag representation of Europe from the bearer, i.e. D'Lo Brown's hometown changing weekly to Stockholm, Brussels, etc. and Al Snow's theme song lyrics getting translated into French or German (and his Titantron graphic becoming the most cliche imagry of each national culture).

I liked when Al Snow was billed from Greece and came out dressed like a greaser.

Something that goofy would never w

tracy-smothers-picture-16.jpg

Oh.

Or, going in the opposite direction:

15324510511_a607898496.jpg