DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL NXT DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I really can't believe they didn't run the American Airlines Center after they sold out Barclays effortlessly 6 months ago. Maybe there was a conflict with the Mavs or Stars, but still. Not booking a huge venue for NXT when 100,000 die-hards are in town is just throwing money away.

Detroit sold out in minutes, too. They did release a few more tickets today after the pre-sale sold out in less than 30 minute yesterday, but the rest of the tickets sold out in about 10 minutes this morning.

Like I said in an earlier post, I think they are doing this as a test run. Now that they know how hot a commodity NXT is on the road, the next time they go out, they will run larger venues....hopefully

NXT amazes me. Its the shit people have been asking for for YEARS and WWE refused to do it with the main roster and TNA flat out refused to do it and decide to copy the stale main product.The fact that NXT isn't reinventing the wheel and is just using common sense booking, protecting gimmick, and having clear babyfaces and heels with motives should be a wake up call to any current/future wrestling companies who want to get 'cute'. A bunch of people who have never mainevented a WM or been a huge start in the big three during the 90's are selling out arenas around the word and is the hottest new brand of wrestling to come out in the last 5 years.

• Like 1

A bunch of people who have never mainevented a WM or been a huge start in the big three during the 90's are selling out arenas around the word and is the hottest new brand of wrestling to come out in the last 5 years.

Well in terms of "smart" wrestling fans PWG is hotter than NXT in my opinion but in the grand scheme of wrestling they aren't even close.   You can make a small case of Lucha Underground if they were full time.  

They need to move these NXT Takeover shows to bigger venues.  I have no idea if the Convention center is bigger than the place holder the Hall of Fame but these shows are selling out before the regular sale date.

Of course most of the headaches is trying to outsmart the bullshit of Ticketmaster.  At least 3 times I have a ticket in my sights and it was gone after I got through all of the captcha which picture is a school bus crap

The HoF is in the American Airlines Center. I know they use the same stage for the HoF and Raw but maybe they didnt want the hassle of changing the set up from wrestling to HoF and back to wrestling (for Raw)

A bunch of people who have never mainevented a WM or been a huge start in the big three during the 90's are selling out arenas around the word and is the hottest new brand of wrestling to come out in the last 5 years.

Well in terms of "smart" wrestling fans PWG is hotter than NXT in my opinion but in the grand scheme of wrestling they aren't even close.   You can make a small case of Lucha Underground if they were full time.  

I can't believe I forgot those two. I LOVE them both (especially PWG) and makes me long to go back home. :)

NXT is in good company with those two. I was thinking moreso TNA and...well TNA. As I feel TNA could have been as big as NXT in terms of relevance and popularity. As a BRAND...I am sure TNA makes more money than NXT, but NXT is definitely going to have longevity

I cannot remember where I read/heard this from, but I am pretty sure HHH went on record stating that NXT is a loss for the company and the touring that the guys/girls do helps pay for NXT and the talent gets no cut from the gate. If that is truly the case (and stays like that), it would be interesting to see if NXT workers get 401K, healthcare, etc. in lieu of cuts of live gates, merch, etc. that the main roster gets while not reciving the 'normal' job benefits. NXT being a money hole for WWE makes sense and is overally a good investment for the company in more than one way. But yes, with TV rights in 120 countries, a number of house shows, and inking deals with two American networks in the past two years - I am sure TNA's bottomline is pretty patheic (in the grand scheme of things), but still much more than NXT.

I cannot remember where I read/heard this from, but I am pretty sure HHH went on record stating that NXT is a loss for the company and the touring that the guys/girls do helps pay for NXT and the talent gets no cut from the gate. If that is truly the case (and stays like that), it would be interesting to see if NXT workers get 401K, healthcare, etc. in lieu of cuts of live gates, merch, etc. that the main roster gets while not reciving the 'normal' job benefits. NXT being a money hole for WWE makes sense and is overally a good investment for the company in more than one way. But yes, with TV rights in 120 countries, a number of house shows, and inking deals with two American networks in the past two years - I am sure TNA's bottomline is pretty patheic (in the grand scheme of things), but still much more than NXT.

Yeah- there is a difference between "losing money" and being a "loss leader"- NXT doesn't make money for WWE as a whole, but the things NXT brings them (state of the art training facilities, a place to make new superstars immediately over and get a buzz for their eventual debut, and the single Killer App to build the WWE Network around) are far more valuable than any money NXT loses.

NXT talent get all their road expenses paid for by the company, up through their first three months after being called up to the main roster. And they still get paid for merch sales, so they're not getting completely screwed by the developmental system. Hell, TNA won't even pay medical expenses if you get hurt working a match.

On new episode of the pod, i talk to Iain Hepburn of From the Sublime (and formerly the Thumbcast) about the two house shows he attended on the NXT UK tour in Glasgow and Blackpool. We also talk comics tv, classic british sci fi and british comedy TV annd S9 of Doctor Who.

http://tinyurl.com/wintpod20

it would be interesting to see if NXT workers get 401K, healthcare, etc. in lieu of cuts of live gates, merch, etc. that the main roster gets while not reciving the 'normal' job benefits.

I like to think Vince taught Hunter better than that.

And I'd like to think, he remembers how shitty it was to be in that situation and now that he is in a position to change it, he will.