DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Whenever I make a minor criticism of Meltzer (Whom I respect by the way) he always jumps down my throat.

He's an odd person.

In fairness, if you had a job where hundreds of nerds nitpicked and criticized every minor thing you did wrong, you'd probably lose your shit once in a while too.  But yeah, he should probably have a thicker skin about some things.

Whenever I make a minor criticism of Meltzer (Whom I respect by the way) he always jumps down my throat.

He's an odd person.

In fairness, if you had a job where hundreds of nerds nitpicked and criticized every minor thing you did wrong, you'd probably lose your shit once in a while too. But yeah, he should probably have a thicker skin about some things.

No, he means The other guy jumps down his throat, not Dave.

I would laugh my ass off if WWE has spent all of these years and all of this effort trying to become a peer of the mainstream entertainment industry and Lucha Underground manages to win an Emmy in year one.

Also, Antiques Roadshow is a frigging awesome show and totally deserving of an Emmy as well.

• Like 2

I enjoyed Antiques Roadshow,until back in the mid 2000s someone brought in an Atari 2600 and some games. The apprasier told them that Pac-Man on the Atari was worth at least 40 bucks. Yeah one of the most common Atari games,the one that was a pack in game for years. And the one I still find at thrift stores for 50 cents is worth $40. Kind of lost interest in the show after that.

My wife's uncle was talking about Dusty passing, and he said, "I watched WWE before it was WWE, before it was WWF."

Me, with probably an insane grin: "Like WWWF?!"

He shrugged and awkwardly stepped away.

Indie wrestlers Dustin and Derek Mehl, who are twin brothers that work as the Suburban Commandos in California and Nevada, worked day 1 of the recent WWE tryouts at the Performance Center in Orlando but did not return for day 2. Apparently day 2 was the hardest of the week because it was cardio day.

There were a lot of wrestlers upset because WWE pays for transportation and lodging when talents are brought in for tryout camps and most of the talents working the camp knew other wrestlers who would have done anything to be there. Dustin and Derek, who have worked for Hoodslam recently, were seen as two guys who blew the camp off after one day and took spots away from others.

So I just saw this....how fucking stupid must these guys be to straight up no-show a WWE tryout. You not only make yourself look bad but you make anyone that helped you get a tryout look bad.

My mother once married a guy who claimed to be a cousin of Randy Savage. I said, "Oh, you're related to Lanny Poffo, too." He said, "No, just Randy Savage." Not surprisingly, the marriage only lasted three weeks.

I'm related to Lars and Ole but not Gene and Arn.

Indie wrestlers Dustin and Derek Mehl, who are twin brothers that work as the Suburban Commandos in California and Nevada, worked day 1 of the recent WWE tryouts at the Performance Center in Orlando but did not return for day 2. Apparently day 2 was the hardest of the week because it was cardio day.

There were a lot of wrestlers upset because WWE pays for transportation and lodging when talents are brought in for tryout camps and most of the talents working the camp knew other wrestlers who would have done anything to be there. Dustin and Derek, who have worked for Hoodslam recently, were seen as two guys who blew the camp off after one day and took spots away from others.

So I just saw this....how fucking stupid must these guys be to straight up no-show a WWE tryout. You not only make yourself look bad but you make anyone that helped you get a tryout look bad.

When I lived in California, I saw these two a number of times in smaller indys like Gary Yap's fed (Epic Pro Wrestling War).  I'm blown away they even got invited for a tryout.  Granted, they were green as grass back then (Cagematch says they debuted in 2007; it would have been 2007-08 when I saw them), so maybe they've improved a lot in the past seven years, but I thought they had absolutely nothing going for them.  I'd have to think hard to think of two guys I thought were less likely to get even a crumb from the WWE.