DVDVR Message Board

The Termination of CM Punk by The Coward Tony Khan

Elsalvajeloco

39 minutes ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

Spoken like someone who definitely doesn't have his own issues with hostility, toxic masculinity, scapegoating, and alienating coworkers.

I was saying to somebody just the other day actually, that anybody who used the term "toxic masculinity" probably doesn't have a pot to piss in in life. And is more than a little creepy. I'm sure you're the exception though my friend. 

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Peck said:

Before anyone asks, I just want it on the record that I am NOT AEW attorney Christopher Peck.

"AEW Attorney Christopher Peck Recalls Someone Wanting To Bring A Hatchet To The Ring On TV"

The Butcher: "Why is everybody looking at me?"

• Haha 6

34 minutes ago, TerjeRUN said:

Spoken like someone who definitely doesn't have his own issues with hostility, toxic masculinity, scapegoating, and alienating coposters.

Yep. I sure do. Other than scapegoating. I'm not sure when I've done that. At least not unironically. And, if you're keeping score at home, any hostility has been with people who ended up getting run off. Dolph, my other Little Friend, etc. Feel free to be next. 

As an aside, I hear the Jim Cornette subreddit has been a pretty fun place to be. The "cm punk is blameless" talking point is going over pretty great there. Maybe peddle that nonsense there instead of here.

2 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Edge is good but he's not a draw, and he's not a needle mover. He also turns 50 years old next month, and his career is on borrowed time. You can't realistically build a TV show around him.

Sting is 65. Billy Gunn is 60. Jeff Jarrett is 56. Jericho is 53. I'm sure Copeland could work a handful of matches per year and still last 3 or 4 years

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I feel like E&C vs. FTR would be a cool special attraction match, but I can't think of much he would do that interests me beyond that.

Ironically, if Punk were still there, that would be a great program because they mostly missed each other in WWE and they could each unleash their super burial promo instincts without hurting anyone else on the roster.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

When a talent has problems with as many people as Punk has (seriously how many guys has he publicly beefed with, 10?) they're not worth keeping around no matter how talented. 

The classic "if you meet one asshole in a day ..." trope made flesh.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

(seriously how many guys has he publicly beefed with, 10?)

Matt, Nick, Page, Kenny, Colt, Brandon, Nemeth, Jungle Boy, TK, Fish, Jericho, Matt Hardy, Christopher Daniels, with assumed heat from Kingston, Britt Baker, and William Regal. 

And Seth Rollins and Hornswoggle and R-Truth and HHH and Ryback. AJ Styles, Booker T, The Miz. Corey Graves, Elijah Burke, Beth Phoenix. Some actual bad people like BJ Whitmer, Hulk Hogan, Mike Quackenbush, Teddy Hart.

• Like 3

The thing to keep in mind with Edge is he is ready for retirement. He mostly hasn't done it already likely because he wants to wrestle with Christian one more time and FTR at least once. I don't see him wanting to do more than a set of dates, especially if he can swing back to WWE for one last proper retirement match.

I'm sure there's going to be more fallout (specifically, Punk's response), but I'm glad it's over. 

This whole thing has been a black cloud and an albatross for more than a year. Even though Collision rocked and there's been good matches/shows, it's really taken a lot of the shine off of AEW for me. 

I'm ready to be fucking stoked again. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

The thing to keep in mind with Edge is he is ready for retirement. He mostly hasn't done it already likely because he wants to wrestle with Christian one more time and FTR at least once. I don't see him wanting to do more than a set of dates, especially if he can swing back to WWE for one last proper retirement match.

But how familiar with AEW is he? Because I could see him looking at the roster and thinking "Man I wouldn't mind working with Omega. That Hangman kid is pretty good too, we could probably tear it up." and so on. Him and Christian vs the Bucks, one more match with the Hardys, one more match with Jericho. Plus, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he ever worked with Danielson or Moxley in WWE did he?

My point being, there's plenty of interesting things for him to do in AEW assuming he feels physically up to it.

Edited by BrianS81177

If WWE owns the trademark and copyright on the name “Edge”, he could do what Christian Cage did, and return to his pre-WWF name.

Sexton Hardcastle.

1 hour ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Matt, Nick, Page, Kenny, Colt, Brandon, Nemeth, Jungle Boy, TK, Fish, Jericho, Matt Hardy, Christopher Daniels, with assumed heat from Kingston, Britt Baker, and William Regal. 

And Seth Rollins and Hornswoggle and R-Truth and HHH and Ryback. AJ Styles, Booker T, The Miz. Corey Graves, Elijah Burke, Beth Phoenix. Some actual bad people like BJ Whitmer, Hulk Hogan, Mike Quackenbush, Teddy Hart.

I am not sure if they had a real falling out, but at some point Punk and Chris Hero were not on the best of terms (a long time ago, of course).

3 hours ago, just drew said:

Yep. I sure do. Other than scapegoating. I'm not sure when I've done that. At least not unironically. And, if you're keeping score at home, any hostility has been with people who ended up getting run off. Dolph, my other Little Friend, etc. Feel free to be next. 

As an aside, I hear the Jim Cornette subreddit has been a pretty fun place to be. The "cm punk is blameless" talking point is going over pretty great there. Maybe peddle that nonsense there instead of here.

I literally don't have a clue what you are talking about. I posted here for years and I don't even know who you are, never mind the other people. But glad you "keep score" on your Internet forum beefs, that's a real cool look.