DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 1/26/22

Technico Support

Boom boom!

It's Beach Break, coming to you in January from a place with no beach unless you count the waterfront of that lake that caught fire!

OC vs That Fatass Adam Cole, LIGHTS OUT MATCH: general consensus is OC wins since this won't count against Cole's record.  Cool, cool.  Should be fun.

CODY vs SAMYY SAMMY SAMMY, deconstructed postmodern 4D chess ladder match.  These guys are going to try to kill themselves and I'm not sure where they're going with this angle but maybe they're not, either.

Just for Men Jericho & PnP vs Daniel Garcia and his dads: is there more paint on PnP's faces or Chris' hair?  That's your zen koan for the day.  I guess this will be okay but will probably be more angle advancement than a match.

Red Velvet vs Leyla Hirsh: if Vince booked this, a ref's butt would be bitten.

CM PUNK TOWN HALL

BRITT BAKER TOWN HALL

Hopefully some other matches!

I'm a snarky fuck but this should be a good show.  Enjoy some wrestling!

• Like 7

Johnny Gargamel to show up or possibly not! Ricky Shane Page to return to Elevation probably! Nobody in the crowd to dress in beach wear, because Cleveland looks like this today:

FKBvMEHX0AMaO-b?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Be interesting to see how Lights Out turns out, mixed record. The best by far was Thunder Rosa vs. Dr. Britt Baker at AEW St Patrick's Day Dynamite, 17th March 2021 I gave ***** to. I can see thumbtacks getting used so 1) Cole matches Baker and 2) giving a different side to Orange Cassidy, an edge to him.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I'm not sure Lights Out was the way to go here. With Cole, you run the risk of something acting-heavy and overly cinematic and it just feels off for Cassidy. Plus, maybe it doesn't have enough distance from the Bunny/Ford tag. They probably could have gotten away with a lot of the same things by having this as a cage match instead.

Though of course, that makes interference trickier if the match is ultimately going to be about interference.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

I'm not sure Lights Out was the way to go here. With Cole, you run the risk of something acting-heavy and overly cinematic and it just feels off for Cassidy. Plus, maybe it doesn't have enough distance from the Bunny/Ford tag. They probably could have gotten away with a lot of the same things by having this as a cage match instead.

Though of course, that makes interference trickier if the match is ultimately going to be about interference.

They have several feuds/angles that seem ready for cage matches and I wonder if they're saving them for one big event. I'm thinking Punk/MJF and Kingston/Garcia in particular.

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

I'm not sure Lights Out was the way to go here. With Cole, you run the risk of something acting-heavy and overly cinematic and it just feels off for Cassidy. Plus, maybe it doesn't have enough distance from the Bunny/Ford tag.

I'm not sure of the wisdom of having a Lights Out and a Ladder Match on the same 2-hour TV show. I hope Cody and Sammy take it easy, for their own sake and for the sake of the main.

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

I had the same thought re: cage match, and the best answer I could come up with is that perhaps we're building to another Blood and Guts match. It'd probably be a very careful line legally, but UE could talk up how they have the most experience in "that type of environment" out of anyone

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Based on the Punk promo in the package for the Spears match, what are the chances they set up Punk vs MJF for next week in Chicago? Maybe with a potential rematch in a cage at the PPV?

Totally forgot they're back in Chicago next week...that sounds good to me!

Re: Road To

Im not sure what to make of Adam Cole in his ring gear walking on a beach for a photo op with Orange Cassidy?  I kinda hate seeing that bte style wrestlecrap, but then I have to ask myself why I’m laughing and having a good time with it? Nonetheless a strong Wednesday night line-up.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Matt D said:

I'm not sure Lights Out was the way to go here. With Cole, you run the risk of something acting-heavy and overly cinematic and it just feels off for Cassidy.

Yeah, I'm really wondering what Orange suddenly turning up the intensity looks like in an unsanctioned match.

• Like 2

I am praying for a Red Velvet win although I think Leyla is going to break something on my homegirl.

The P&P heel turn cannot happen soon enough for my liking.  Bring on LAX 2.0 made up entirely of Puerto Ricans.

Orange has to pull off a win tonight.  It feels like Best Chaos has been on the bad side of the fifty fifty booking vs. The SuperEliteKliq for quite some time.

Please don't die doing something stupid tonight, Sammy.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1