DVDVR Message Board

Award Season 2022

RIPPA

Inspired by @Technico Support's reworkings of Cody Rhodes theme song, thought I'd have a bash at... 

#This is a story all about how.

#Will Smith's wife, Jada getting dissed by Chris Rock.

#Up got Will from sitting down there and slapped Chris Rock live on the air.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, The Natural said:

This tweet is right up there with like “The Nabisco Corporation does not condone today’s attempt to overthrow the United States government. Who’s up for some triscuits?” As evidence that we have gone off the rails, reality wise. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

all in all, an amazing night for people who needed new reaction gifs (either the slap, or the iso on Will Smith yelling at Chris Rock)

I honestly wasn't paying a lot of attention, so I saw it and stuff was cutting out and I didn't realize until looking at Twitter that they cut out the slap

I finally watched the "In Memoriam" segment and... what the fuck? That was like the tribute to the Hunters killed in The Running Man

The Academy also screwed the pooch for leaving out Bob Saget, an actual Oscar winner

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

FO6Ib3EVsAEnvTa?format=jpg&name=small

FO5zyLEVUAEq-HQ?format=jpg&name=medium

Nicole Kidman's range severely limited by her botox. Such a shame.

The Rock knows what's up. Man knows a shoot slap when he sees one. "Oh brother Chris is gonna give him a receipt for that one."

• Haha 1

Nicole Kidman looks like she hasn't had a full meal in 3 years.  Get that woman a pizza or something

The biggest problem Will has is that everyone clearly saw him laughing his off when the joke happened.    Then he saw Jada's reaction and realized that I would rather get fucked up by the media then her.   Which unfortunately for him isn't the first time she did that.  Although basically Will slapped himself

People outchea acting like Will Smith shot Chris Rock or something.  We have become such a bitchmade society that we really have a bunch of people up in arms about a man slapping another man for disrespecting his wife.  You get to set the boundaries of what you will tolerate, and if someone crosses that line, you get to enforce that boundary.  Making jokes about his wife's medical issue is a reasonable boundary.  That might get you slapped in the face.  Sorry, but them's the rules.  

25 minutes ago, supremebve said:

People outchea acting like Will Smith shot Chris Rock or something.  We have become such a bitchmade society that we really have a bunch of people up in arms about a man slapping another man for disrespecting his wife.  You get to set the boundaries of what you will tolerate, and if someone crosses that line, you get to enforce that boundary.  Making jokes about his wife's medical issue is a reasonable boundary.  That might get you slapped in the face.  Sorry, but them's the rules.  

Uh oh, we got a badass over here. 

• Like 6

It would be fun to imagine the list of people that Will Smith wouldn't have done that to. Chris Rock is an easy target (small stature, comedian that is unlikely to fight back). Also if he would have done anything if Jada had fake-laughed like he was until he saw her and suddenly realized she wasn't playing along so he couldn't either.

• Like 5

For context. Penelope Cruz didn't break out in a firey Latin temper after Rock made a joke at her expense. She didn't send her man down to teach Chris a lesson. Ricky Gervais didn't get popped in the mouth for his Golden Globes roasting.

Quite frankly, Jada has done Will too dirty for him to white knight for her off a fairly mild joke. And Chris had to be reading that off a teleprompter, so why wasn't Will going after the camera men or the writers that wrote that joke for Chris? 

On a lighter note, Jomboy broke this down as only he can:

Edited by cubbymark
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Kevin Wilson said:

It would be fun to imagine the list of people that Will Smith wouldn't have done that to. Chris Rock is an easy target (small stature, comedian that is unlikely to fight back). Also if he would have done anything if Jada had fake-laughed like he was until he saw her and suddenly realized she wasn't playing along so he couldn't either.

Will Smith is a deceivingly large man.  He's about 6'3" and isn't a lightweight.  If it was The Rock and not Chris Rock, he might think twice, but he's probably top 10 largest people in that room.  The second part of this is the part that I think people are missing.  It is very easy to laugh something off when it happens to you, but when you look at someone you love and see that they're hurt by it, I can see how that would set you off.  She's been pretty open about her battle with alopecia, and how much of a struggle it has been with her mentally and emotionally.  He went from fake laughing to realizing that shit isn't funny when he saw her reaction.  I can't hold it against a man who sees someone do something hurtful to his wife and does what he feels he has to do to put an end to it.  

• Like 1