Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

All Out III - 9/5/2021


Recommended Posts

I'm All Out of Love, I'm so lost without you...  

The Card (Updated as they announce) - 

FOR THE AEW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Kenny Omega (c) vs. Christian Cage

FOR THE AEW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Dr. Britt Baker, D.D.S. (c) vs. Kris Statlander

FOR THE AEW TNT CHAMPIONSHIP - Miro (c) vs. Eddie Kingston

STEEL CAGE MATCH FOR THE AEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Young Bucks (c) vs. Lucha Brothers

CASINO BATTLE ROYALE For The #1 Contendership To the AEW Women's Championship **

CAREER THREATENING MATCH - Chris Jericho vs. MJF

PAC vs. Andrade El Idolo  ***

Darby Allin vs. CM Punk

Paul Wight vs. QT Marshall 

Jon Moxley vs. Satoshi Kojima

*Orange Cassidy / Chuck Taylor / Wheeler Yuta / Jurassic Express vs. The HFO / TH2

--

* - Buy In match

** - Nyla Rose vs. Thunder Rosa vs. The Bunny vs. Big Swole vs. Julia Hart vs. Tay Conti vs. Diamante vs. Penelope Ford vs. Red Velvet vs. Hikaru Shida vs. Emi Sakura vs. Jade Cargill vs. Kiera Hogan vs. Abadon vs. Leyla Hirsch vs. KiLynn King vs. Rebel vs. Jamie Hayter vs. Riho vs. Brandi Rhodes

*** - Cancelled

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kenny Omega vs. Adam Hangman Page for the AEW World Championship won't be happening after last night's AEW Dynamite. We all thought it was a given it would be here. Unless there's another way to get to it on All Out. I thought AEW should have stuck with the long term booking as Omega vs. Danielson or Punk didn't need the belt as it was the biggest match going in AEW. Then again there's an argument for the highest stakes.

Edited by The Natural
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On WOR Dave said Moxley petitioned for a major new japan star for All Out. Tanahashi will already be in LA a few weeks before and they certainly talked it up last night. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, matt925 said:

On WOR Dave said Moxley petitioned for a major new japan star for All Out. Tanahashi will already be in LA a few weeks before and they certainly talked it up last night. 

Be cool to see one of the greatest to ever do it in AEW. Cool getting KENTA and Yuji Nagata there from NJPW but more so someone of Tanahashi's legend. If it's not Tanahashi, how about Minoru Suzuki?

Edited by The Natural
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Kojima is Texas bread, but at All Out he’ll be Texas Toast.

I have seriously only seen Kojima as a young boy, but I am aware that he turned into a BAMF! I think I should be really damn excited about this match, right? This will kick ass , right ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something I want to really credit AEW with here is the fact that, though I'm pretty heartbroken with Hangman's loss, I have confidence there's a plan of some sort. I'm plain "my guy lost" sad instead of "Fuck this company!" mad, and there's a gulf of difference there. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alvarez is right when it comes to this Hangman angle. Patience is a virtue. Some of you like to think that this hurts Page, but every time you've thought that, it turns out he's still incredibly over and a draw for his segments. All Out is still more than a month away, so there's still time to make Hangman vs Omega happen there, but if it doesn't I'm not going to be hurt or anything. The better play is to run Hangman vs Omega at Revolution and come full circle to the greatest match those two ever had as a tag team and when it looked like Page was going to Buckshot Lariat Omega. AEW is all about the little things and drawing from little moments in the past. They did it again last night when Excalibur pointed out that Nick Jackson did to Page that Page did to him in that tag title tournament. I'd just love a money promo from Page saying that he had doubts about Kenny all the way back to Revolution, he thought he was a piece of shit then, and he should have hit him with the lariat when he had the chance because it turns out his gut was right. And do that promo after Hangman goes on a tear and runs through everyone. 

Oh and end that promo with needs, MUST, end with this:

It's timestamped.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I need Hangman on the preshow, beating a jobber to get back into the top 50, while the Dark Order cheers him on.

Maybe one of those jobbers can be a Dark Order goon. Alex Reynolds needs to atone for being an easy fall in the elimination match, so he should help Adam pad his win record! 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On this week's Corny's Drive Thru they talked about how if Magnum didn't crash, he would've main evented Starrcade vs Flair, but lose controversially. The money would've been in the chase that followed. I see some parallels to Page/Omega.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would guess Britt gets her win back against Rosa but I'm interested in where they go with the battle royale. I'd guess a program with Stratlander? I still think a slow Shida heel turn leading up to a return match with Britt is money

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Fuuuuuuuuck. That promo still gives me goosebumps. TWENTY YEARS LATER it gives me goosebumps. Incredible.

Friends and I just watched X-Seven last week and god damn the main event is such a classic. Rock's selling may low key be the best main event babyface selling. Certainly up there. There's a steely determination but also he sells the shit outta Cold Stone's ass whipping. Felt like 90% of the match was called in the ring and they did a masterful job of keeping it simple and controlling the audience. They had to improvise because of the cheap piece of shit announce table collapsing on them early on. Great show. Still probably the best American PPV to date, though the first half of the show is mostly forgettable. My Way video and that interview are S tier too of course.

With all due respect.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Be cool to see one of the greatest to ever do it in AEW. Cool getting KENTA and Yuji Nagata there from NJPW but more so someone of Tanahashi's legend. If it's not Tanahashi, how about Minoru Suzuki?

If Suzuki was to come into AEW I’d love to see him against Jericho

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jiji said:

Friends and I just watched X-Seven last week and god damn the main event is such a classic. Rock's selling may low key be the best main event babyface selling. Certainly up there. There's a steely determination but also he sells the shit outta Cold Stone's ass whipping. Felt like 90% of the match was called in the ring and they did a masterful job of keeping it simple and controlling the audience. They had to improvise because of the cheap piece of shit announce table collapsing on them early on. Great show. Still probably the best American PPV to date, though the first half of the show is mostly forgettable. My Way video and that interview are S tier too of course.

With all due respect.

I'll never forget the first five minutes of that match and my friend saying, "dude, Austin is totally turning heel, he's working as the heel in this match." I thought he was fucking crazy because they were in Texas and it's Austin. Turning him heel would be insane. And as more and more of the match goes on, the Rock is working more and more as a face in it. That was one hell of a main event and each guy played their roles exceptionally well. I think had Alberto Del Rio not won the Raw MitB match then MitB 2011 could claim the title of best American PPV from X-7. Since then, I think I might like a couple other PPVs more than X-7, but nothing will ever take away it's status as a classic and the best WWE PPV ever.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really hope BR Live or whatever is up and working by All Out. I'm just salty I can't go back and re-watch all my previous purchases and the free events from 2019. Maybe I can order this on my Xbox Series S, but AEW turns up no results in their store, so...

Shouldn't Baker/Rosa have an asterisk next to it as well? I don't even know if Britt Baker will be medically cleared by All Out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Casey said:

I really hope BR Live or whatever is up and working by All Out. I'm just salty I can't go back and re-watch all my previous purchases and the free events from 2019. Maybe I can order this on my Xbox Series S, but AEW turns up no results in their store, so...

Shouldn't Baker/Rosa have an asterisk next to it as well? I don't even know if Britt Baker will be medically cleared by All Out.

Baker said she wasn't going to be missing any time and Doc Sampson hooked her up with some badass state of the art cast type thing for her arm so I see her wrestling regardless (maybe run back No DQ w Rosa because of the cast? Lesnar vs. Taker flashbacks from 02?).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Imagine Suzuki being Jericho's final labor.

Id lose my shit. When Minoru came to Vegas 4 years ago to wrestle Cody I spent the 75 bucks for a floor seat. I’d probably fly out to see Minoru vs Jericho where ever it was.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...