DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUG 2020

So what's on the PPV card? Jericho vs Orange Cassidy in the dunk tank match, MJF vs Moxley for the World title, Shida vs Thunder Rosa for the Women's title, Hangman/Omega vs probably FTR Tag titles, and some tag matches or something. Maybe Brandi vs Allie?

Just now, AxB said:

So what's on the PPV card? Jericho vs Orange Cassidy in the dunk tank match, MJF vs Moxley for the World title, Shida vs Thunder Rosa for the Women's title, Hangman/Omega vs probably FTR Tag titles, and some tag matches or something. Maybe Brandi vs Allie?

Starks/Allin.

• Thanks 1

Everything is going exactly the way The Shadow told you it was going to go 2 weeks ago.

By the end of the PPV...FTR + MJF + Miro with Arn & Tully as their managers. 

Arn will turn on Cody at the PPV.
Tully will turn on Spears at the PPV.

FTR will sucker the gullible Hangman Page into trusting them during the World Tag Team Match  and FTR will win the gold.

MJF after winning the Championship over Moxley with the sudden appearance of Arn at ringside getting involved calls out out FTR & Tully to join him inside the ring in his celebration.....suddenly they all start beating up Moxley...Cody, Page and Bucks come out to the ring to beat back the new 4 Horsemen. Miro then surprisingly comes out and cleans up by beating the living shit out of The Elite minus Omega who doesn’t bother to show up. The last turn of the evening is when the new Horsemen of MJF + FTR + Miro beat up the surprised Wardlow...PPV ends.

Remember when Moxley stated in his promo last night that MJF was hiding something and it will be revealed by the end of their upcoming match..but he didn’t know what it was?

Every member of this new group will have turned on someone during the night. 

The new Revelation. The new 4 Horsemen.

FTR - Fear The Revelation 

Miro

MJF

Arn + Tully.

Its happening 

Edited by Flair’s Shadow
  • Like 1

Nope. They're redoing the Virgil/ DiBiase angle with MJF and Lee Johnson. Only with the World title, because there's no Million Dollar Title. Big Shotty Lee will win the World title from MJF despite having an 0-15 record going in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, AxB said:

Nope. They're redoing the Virgil/ DiBiase angle with MJF and Lee Johnson. Only with the World title, because there's no Million Dollar Title. Big Shotty Lee will win the World title from MJF despite having an 0-15 record going in.

Lee will win the Dynamite Diamond ring from MJF.

• Like 1

Getting a bit ahead of any sort of deal in place, but Thunder Rosa's debut has me thinking  how I'd love to see an AEW-NWA working arrangement.  One where some of the under utilized AEW performers could be loaned for Power.  Assuming NWA Power resumes, it might be a good way to freshen up Evans/Angelico and especially somebody like Scorpio Sky.   

Shaq vs Cody??

There is one last part of O’Neal WarnerMedia contract that is in the embryonic stage at best, and it involves All Elite Wrestling, which airs on TNT. O’Neal is a big wrestling fan who has appeared at many WWE events (including the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at WrestleMania 32 at AT&T Stadium and episodes of Raw) as well as the now-defunct World Championship Wrestling (WCW). O’Neal said he had a message for Cody Rhodes, an AEW vice president and also an in-ring performer who is currently the AEW TNT champion.

“I’d love to fight Cody,” said Shaq. “Write it. Print it. Text it to him. Call AEW up and tell them.”

• Like 2

Quick question from someone who has not watched one minute of AEW yet. However, I saw on commercials while watching NBA games that Brodie Lee is a huge push. I liked a lot of the indie/Chikara stuff from him and like everyone LOVED him as Luke Harper. 

I checked out Mr. Brodie Lee and saw that he was leading some NXIUM-style New Age transformative cult. That sounded really awesome. 

But man, those promos are terrible. They drag so much. Nothing was established at all to show why he is The Exalted One beyond just being a recognizable name and face from being in other promotions. There's no "inspirational/hopeful" messaging with it that shows why he has a bunch of goons following him and willing to take a knee at his order.

Am I alone in this or am I just missing the good stuff?

6 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Quick question from someone who has not watched one minute of AEW yet. However, I saw on commercials while watching NBA games that Brodie Lee is a huge push. I liked a lot of the indie/Chikara stuff from him and like everyone LOVED him as Luke Harper. 

I checked out Mr. Brodie Lee and saw that he was leading some NXIUM-style New Age transformative cult. That sounded really awesome. 

But man, those promos are terrible. They drag so much. Nothing was established at all to show why he is The Exalted One beyond just being a recognizable name and face from being in other promotions. There's no "inspirational/hopeful" messaging with it that shows why he has a bunch of goons following him and willing to take a knee at his order.

Am I alone in this or am I just missing the good stuff?

You're completely missing good stuff and the entire history of the Dark Order recruiting videos showing inspirational and hopeful messaging, or the ongoing angle with Colt Cabana where they're trying to recruit him by showing that he can win with the Dark Order. Basically, Colt was on a bit of a losing streak, Colt was feeling low, listened to Brodie about how he could help him, Colt then went on to win tag matches with Brodie and other matches while being seconded by the Dark Order, and before the Dark Order would beat someone down, Brodie would calmly lead Colt to the back so he wouldn't see any of it.

• Like 3

Ok, so those were maybe the best Dark Order bits on BTE ever. Brodie Lee is fucking hilarious, Silver is too, they all are. The Kenny, Hangman, and Madusa bit was pretty funny as well for how simple it was, and for as dumb as the Colt thing was at the end, it still made me laugh.