DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUG 2020

Tay Conti seems like a good addition to come out of this thing. I want to see more of her for sure.

That final is gonna be a bit rough. They constantly tease a Nightmare Sisters split which is all well and good but the problem is that feud would be the shits in the ring so I'm not too stoked about it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ivelisse and Diamante win the final though, if that is where they are going.

1 hour ago, MapRef41N93W said:

I would very much like Tay Conti to start doing a Koji Iwamoto-style harai goshi. She's a judo black belt, she definitely knows how. It's a great move that somebody in U.S. wrestling should pick up IMO.

She’s watching a lot of Shibata, Okada, Suzuki and Ishii according to her Twitter, so maybe some All Japan is next.

I 1000% am on board with the idea of signing Tay.  She looked good last week but last night she looked really great.  She had this fire that you'd see glimpses of in NXT but I guess with wanting to prove herself she stepped up in am impressive way.  I'm really hoping they sign her.  Same goes for Savoy who not only was great and unique with her style but also brought out a lighter side of sorts in Big Swole.  Them teaming up or just being together in some way would be wonderful for both of them.  And I can't hate on a team that does a Kid n Play double team move.  So as far as the tournament goes I would call it a success if they follow through on the signings.

As for the mainstays I think Nightmare Sisters looked a bit better than normal so that was good.  Brandi's heel promo was confusing at first but seeing her obsess over her action figure was had me laughing a good bit.  I know it always seems like I'm trying to figure out her stuff that doesn't make sense.  But Brandi having a figure on shelves getting to her head is one reason for a heelish side that I haven't seen in quite awhile.  I figured Cardona would have done something like that first.  And Diamante/Ivelisse looked better this week than last.  I think for the finals I'm rooting for Diamante/Ivelisse and it's more for Diamante than anything else.

• Like 1

Whoa, y'all weren't kidding about Conti, she looked great in this match. I was a fan of hers in NXT and I thought she had potential, glad to see she's growing so well (and that she's earning her place after that incredibly tasteless "joke" from a few months ago). Anna Jay still needs reps, of course, but she's coming along well. Ivelisse and Diamante also looked good, I'm pulling for them in the finals. The Nightmare Sisters are, I don't know, fine? Allie can be carried quite well and I'm not totally sure why she isn't in a program with Shida right now since that would be a good enough match for All Out as opposed to *checks notes* hoping an indie talent shows up? Maybe not even that? At any rate, good matches and there's upside to the women's division, they just need to build on it.

Tay Conti has indeed been the big takeaway from this Women's tag tournament.  Honorable mentions to Lil Swole and Ivelisse.  Nice to see some ladies truly ready for the cameras.  Time for an immediate switch in the divison pecking order.

Also, I really hope they keep going with an all Women's weekly show.  These ladies need the reps.    

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

Did anyone catch on Dark when Billy was beating get beat up by Silver, Reynolds and Angels that after Austin Gunn ran them off Billy very loudly said "What the HELL? I'm an old man!"

• Haha 1

Speaking of the Dark Order, I noticed they're referring to Reynolds and Silver as 3 and 4 now. I assume this is done in the order guys join the group:

1) Uno

2) Grayson

3) Reynolds

4) Silver

5) Angels

So if Preston Vance is 10 then who are 6, 7, 8 and 9?

Anna Jay definitely isn't 8, since 8 is a male and has had a match on Dynamite before (with 9, against QT & Dustin).

Cabana would have to be 11, and she'd be 12. But that doesn't make sense, because if they're going in order of when they joined, Angels should be a higher number than Preston Vance. I mean, yeah, I know WHY he's referred to as 10, but saying they're giving them these numbers due to the order in which they joined kind of goes out the window when you see that 5 joined two months after 10.

I liked Ricky Starks' promo on Dark, "I'm too handsome to be hardcore" is wrestling code for "Darby is going to get to hit me with stuff, folks", I see you. That might be a really fun match. They could probably have one less squash a show and just dedicate that to the ole 60 second promos.

• Like 2