DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUG 2020

I haven't seen it yet lest I want to get grief from my wife for not waiting for her to get home.  But between the talk about that DO segment and that damn picture I'm very much looking forward to this.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, EVA said:

EgMyN-7WAAIQM6d?format=jpg&name=large

WHY IS REYNOLDS STANDING LIKE THAT?

Dude, look at how many containers of babyback ribs with FUCKING BARBECUE SAUCE he has in those bags! That's a heavy lift!

And Silver's face is fucking great.

I'm going to have to watch their bits for about a third or fourth time this week. There's so much good shit in them.

"I bought SIX riding lawnmowers because FUCK HANGMAN!"

Fucking. Died. The best callback ever to Hangman not being able to buy a riding lawnmower because the Elite missed out on the Chilis gig.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I also laughed really hard at 10's deadpan "I bought guns" because I'm thinking, "well, of course that weirdo would buy guns" and then he flexes his fucking arm. 

I think this may have been my favorite BTE ever or at the very least, I think it's the funniest.

When people talk about how BTE helped make the Dark Order, just speaking for myself, but it's because their bits on BTE have made me like them a lot, which has in turn made me really like their act on Dynamite. I used to think they all sucked, except for Brodie, but I really like them a lot in a heel way. 

• Like 3

Dumb D&D Sheet Thing! OMFG.

The hip toss. Yeah, this is a great episode. There was a real lull with BTE once Dynamite started, but over the past couple of months they've really brought it. 

• Like 1

Brodie Lee doing the old Konnan "Touch it - that's enough" routine, only with Evil Uno and the TNT title, instead of Tygress and his shirt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

Oh thank fucking goodness. I've been waiting for this all morning and it's leading off with what I hoped they'd lead off with.

First time I've watched one of these. Lots of fun bits in this one for sure, loved the Bucks offering to fire Sammy lol

Someone out there needs to edit all the recent chili’s bits together so I can send to my friends who aren’t into wrestling. Because that shit is hilarious. 

Its been discussed but I also was exited for Brodie to come in, and very lukewarm about his early stuff with dark order. I agree that these bits have really allowed them to get better at their characters and it translates on dynamite even for people who aren’t watching bte. Just like dark matches. Bte has really done an amazing job at getting people over the last couple years. Can’t deny it. 

• Like 1

The Elite sang the Baby Back Ribs song because they were about to sign an endorsement contract with Chili's. They fucked around for too long and the deadline to sign the contracts expired. The next week Dark Order did the same thing and they wound up getting the deal with Chili's instead. 

• Like 1

Not just that but the reason Elite didn't get Chili's is because Matt Jackson didn't want it to happen.  So he had this running gag where he would blade himself and it would mess up the contract signing.  Then of course when they saw Dark Order get Chili's they gave Matt all kinds of shit about it.

Weird thing is all this talk about Chili's and I kind of want to go there now.

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Not just that but the reason Elite didn't get Chili's is because Matt Jackson didn't want it to happen.  So he had this running gag where he would blade himself and it would mess up the contract signing.  Then of course when they saw Dark Order get Chili's they gave Matt all kinds of shit about it.

Weird thing is all this talk about Chili's and I kind of want to go there now.

Me too. It got me craving their chicken tenders or their chicken tender slider things, but I'm doing keto and intermittent fasting so that's a no go for me.

• Like 2

Yeah, man.  I'm not quite doing keto but I'm trying to get more salads into my life.  Which in theory would be fine there except stuff like their taco salad has a surprisingly high calorie count.  Intermittent fasting is something  I tried for a day or so and gave up on quickly.  But I might give it another try at some point.

But the more I think about it the more my dorky ass would still consider getting those damn ribs (with motherfuckin' BBQ sauce) to go for All Out.  I know they're known for it but I never had them yet.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

I can't stop going to the bathroom once I have my first meal of the day, which isn't great. I also don't get the breath smelling thing, but I brush three times a day.

Also, I had Chili's ribs once. They were actually pretty good. I was surprised. Not as good as a locally owned place that puts your container of ribs in a white paper sack that is nearly transparent by the time you get home, but it's alright.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So he had this running gag where he would blade himself and it would mess up the contract signing.

That sound absurdly hilarious. 

Don't think I've ever eaten Chili's. My family ate at Applebee's until O'Charley's showed up and blew them out of the water. 

I think it's a thank you to Chili's because of the Joey Janela/ Jim Cornette thing. Janela claimed (probably as a joke) that he and Cornette had shared a meal at Chilis and got on well, and all the gate was just a work. Cornette no-sold that and kept hating. So then Joey tweets "I don't dislike Jim, I just wish he'd stop running away from the fact that we had a great time at Chili's", actually @'ing the restaurant chain in the process. At which point the official Chili's twitter account replies "Jim, stop running away from the fact that you and Joey had a great time at Chili's". And right after that, the Chili's stuff starts up on BTE.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Holy shit I remember it at the time but totally forgot about that since then.  That's just outstanding.  Between that and the Cracker Barrel match they replayed from last year's All Out they sure have a helluva way of tempting me to go to places I wouldn't normally touch.

Brodie Lee vs Cody at All Out may not be in the cards.

The expectation is that Cody will be off TV for an extended period to sell the beating he took at the hands of Brodie Lee.  The timing may have something to do with STARZ Heels series going into production in Georgia as Stephen Amell specifically asked Cody to take part in the series when Amell's casting was announced last year.  The timing certainly matches up.  AEW has promised an update on Cody this Thursday.  Also announced for Thursday:

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/139037/warnermedia-thrilled-with-aews-weekend-numbers-cody-update-bucks-autobiography-and-more-aew-news.html?p=1

Edited by Andy in Kansas
  • Sad 1