DVDVR Message Board

2020 Q3 TV DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 hours ago, elizium said:

He was nominated for that too.

Was On Becoming a God in Central Florida's season within this cycle or last year? Because if it was eligible, Kirsten Dunst should have been nom'ed. Ted Levine too.

I just started watching that, she’s great in it. 

• Like 1

I like Drew hosting the Price is Right and think he does a good job for the most part. It also wasn't as if Bob Barker would oversell these types of moments, but the one thing Bob was amazing at was looking completely gobsmacked or dumbfounded, which is probably the better way of selling how crazy something was. Like, when that kid had a perfect Plinko game, I'd imagine Bob would probably take the note cards in his hand, tear them in half, toss them aside, hand the mic to the kid, and then walk away before coming back and taking back his mic.

On 7/28/2020 at 6:42 PM, elizium said:

He was nominated for that too.

Was On Becoming a God in Central Florida's season within this cycle or last year? Because if it was eligible, Kirsten Dunst should have been nom'ed. Ted Levine too.

It aired at the same time as Succession did, so, yeah, it was definitely eligible.

I'm fairly sure it's too late for that. 'Ellen is a nightmare' stories are all over the social medias, the big mainstream press orgs probably already have their stories in the works. Even quitting the show might not cancel the flak.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 2:58 AM, AxB said:

I'm fairly sure it's too late for that. 'Ellen is a nightmare' stories are all over the social medias, the big mainstream press orgs probably already have their stories in the works. Even quitting the show might not cancel the flak.

Kinda weird that these stories are all getting so much attention now.  There have been lots of stories about her being an awful human being for several years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Kinda weird that these stories are all getting so much attention now.  There have been lots of stories about her being an awful human being for several years.

Reading between the lines, the show hiring non-union workers to produce episodes from her home rather than the regular employees, and telling those employees roughly nothing, might have been a tipping point on who was willing to speak out.

But, yeah, I've heard people say she's a terrible person for years, but now we're seeing it be said more publicly and even by *gasp* other celebrities.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Reading between the lines, the show hiring non-union workers to produce episodes from her home rather than the regular employees, and telling those employees roughly nothing, might have been a tipping point on who was willing to speak out.

But, yeah, I've heard people say she's a terrible person for years, but now we're seeing it be said more publicly and even by *gasp* other celebrities.

Good point on the non-union employees.  

I was surprised to see Brad Garrett publicly call her out and now see that Lea Thompson has agreed with Garrett, too.  

There were stories that James Corden was being pencilled in as replacement host, which led to loads of "What a twat is James Corden" stories resurfacing. It would be a like for like switch though. He's also a fake nice massive bastard.

• Like 3

In news that I know will not make some happy - High Fidelity has been cancelled after only one season

In the Hollywood Reporter story - there is no reason (or hinted reason) given

PERRY MASON had such a weird run for me. I hated the first episode, really enjoyed everything in the middle, was let down by the finale, but somehow I’m still looking forward to the show it could be next season.

Balking at Mason using his superpower was a terrible mistake that basically turned the whole season into the Raiders of the Lost Ark meme, but if it builds to him actually using it against the guy who told him not to next season, then...that’ll be satisfying, I guess.

On 8/2/2020 at 12:10 AM, Andy in Kansas said:

I’m excited to see Perry Mason stick the landing. Finally caught up, and it may be a fine tuned watch. Very impressed. 

“Phrases I Never thought I’d use in 2020” part 1138: 

“yo, this new Perry Mason is the. Shit!!!”