DVDVR Message Board

Raw is For The Greater Good (The greater good!) - 2/17/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Whenever a face brings out a prop for their promo, the results are always atrocious.

After this one, my thoughts were (in this order):

1. Hey, that's actual money.

2. Hey, that's not a lot of money. 

3. This is the same promo Becky's been doing since last Mania.

4. Everyone in the Elimination Chamber not named "Shayna Baszler" will die by her hands.

5. In one promo, Shayna has become a bigger badass than Becky's been in a year.

I, for one, welcome the Queen's upcoming long and very cruel reign.

• Like 4

Four awesome things on this show:

- The kid in the crowd being consoled by his mom.

- Shayna’s incredible promo.

- Buddy Murphy’s stunner sell

- Montez Ford

But yeah Shayna, damn. The parallels to Samoa Joe as a character and performer are all over the place IMO and unlike what they’ve done with Joe they need to go all the way with her and have her steamroll Becky, who’s lost a lot of steam.

• Like 3

I think the biggest problem is that Rollins comes off as someone playing a cliched one note bad guy and it all just screams out FAKE. He's not convincing in the role at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'd point out that Matt Hardy, pro wre... er, sports entertainment legend gets killed for what seemed to be longer than those endless WrestleManias of recent times by Orton and none of the babyfaces care enough to come to his aid, but I already ranted about this a few weeks ago on how bad the booking of this sucks so why bother doing so again

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sabremike said:

I'd point out that Matt Hardy, pro wre... er, sports entertainment legend gets killed for what seemed to be longer than those endless WrestleManias of recent times by Orton and none of the babyfaces care enough to come to his aid, but I already ranted about this a few weeks ago on how bad the booking of this sucks so why bother doing so again

The total of two (2) referees that ran out to stand at ringside and complain was hilarious. As were the crowd reaction shots. 

Orton getting cheered for murdering Matt was something .

Black/Rowan was pretty good while it lasted.

Dug the Shayna/Becky segment.

Nattie/Kairi was solid.

I think the stuff with Rollins and co. is generally done well, but as has been mentioned by others Rollins is not believable at all in the role. Was nice to see Street Profits come to the rescue tonight.

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I wish they weren't doing Elimination Chamber matches for these title opportunities.  Obviously Shayna and Roman are winning, you can't even entertain the idea of someone else. 

Is there some way they could convince you otherwise that someone else has a chance? They haven't even hinted Roman will be heading to Wrestlemania. He is just the most obvious choice and the ones the rumors have brought up. Offhand I'm not sure there is even a better choice (at least on Smackdown).

Edited by Eivion

I was super disappointed in Rowan tonight, he wears a shirt I keep trying to read the logo of and then I figure it out and it's a band with a singer in a fucking goblin getup and a bunch of keyboards. Dude has the worst taste. 

Giving Seth and co. a podium, etc. reminded me to mute the TV and flip the Cardiac Arrest album on my turntable though so that was nice

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I guess the crowd loudly cheering the eye-rollingly extended heel beatdown isn't enough reason for them to call an audible and cut it short. The announcers going on about how offended the crowd were that Orton would dare do that to Matt Hardy was hilarious. Like, just cut the fucking crowd mics if you aren't going to live in reality? Just dub in the reaction you want, since you obviously aren't going to listen to the real one?

10 hours ago, sabremike said:

I think the biggest problem is that Rollins comes off as someone playing a cliched one note bad guy and it all just screams out FAKE. He's not convincing in the role at all.

Has Seth Rollins ever been convincing in ANY role?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, AxB said:

Has Seth Rollins ever been convincing in ANY role?

He really needs to be someone's sniveling underling. He's got a dorky creep energy similar to Kyle O' Reilly - I don't buy him as a mastermind or evil boss at all, but they could have gotten some mileage out of him as the second-in-command who's too dumb to know he's being used by the top guy. Too late for that now, though - we're stuck with him doing this bad Evolution hybrid cosplay for the long haul.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Eivion said:

Is there some way they could convince you otherwise that someone else has a chance? They haven't even hinted Roman will be heading to Wrestlemania. He is just the most obvious choice and the ones the rumors have brought up. Offhand I'm not sure there is even a better choice (at least on Smackdown).

I'm not saying it shouldn't be Roman or Shayna,  I'm saying creative is bankrupt. It's the laziest booking imaginable. They beat you over the head with who Becky is going to be facing but then have a dumb contenders match on a PPV anyway where the winner has already been determined by how they've beat you over the head.