DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

5 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I don’t mind the change. He needed it desperately. He also needs to not loose almost ever without a good reason desperately for this to work.

I just don’t care for the late 90’s metal version of his theme. For one, I’m not big into the late 90’s metal band scene, and two, it sounds like a metal version of a song on Apple Music you want to hear, but the official song isn’t on there due to rights issues, so you have settle for little Johnny’s garage band version of King Arthur & The Knights of Justice.

I mean, if anything, Code Orange takes more from bands like Killswitch Engage than they do Korn. Metalcore and nu-metal are... very different.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Just heard, and saw Bray Wyatt’s new entrance. It’s like a live KoRn music video. I don’t know if I’d consider that a good thing.

I accidentally saw Korn over the weekend and even though I've been clowning on them forever, I gotta say it was a hell of a show

• Like 2

As always with Bray, he's only going to be as successful as they book him. So just remember that this is the same company that stupidly believes in shit like "wins and losses don't matter if the story is good and you get heat" and shit like "such and such didn't need a championship."

At the end of the day Bray is still a heel and since he's a cool heel, Vince and creative will go out of their way to have him lose many times thinking he's bulletproof when he isn't. Look at Samoa Joe. Did can kill it in the ring and is probably the best person in the company on the mic and he's given the same treatment to where he barely matters.

I want to be pleasantly surprised and see Bray finally booked like how he should be, which is some kind of unstoppable force. He's no longer the cult leader without a cult so he already has that going for him. For once, strike while the iron is hot and sick him on Seth Rollins.

Joe losing is fine to me. He’s a wrestler who’s seen better days. Maybe should’ve got one good run on the main roster where they protected him, but he doesn’t need to be the priority.

Bray needed it, a lot. This feels like a 2nd chance at creating a star. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I thought the desperately needed refresh Bray needed was a face turn, but of course that lasted about 6 months in a tag team and that was the end of that, so I'd no longer be interested. Similar to when I thought turning Owens face earlier this year could be something fresh, then they shitcanned it to make him heel again for a couple more months before just turning face again and now I can't stand him.

I'm still on the fence about Code Orange, but Bray's entrance was the highlight of Summerslam and gave me chills. I'm a metal fan, so there's a bit of bias, but more generally, refreshing characters when they get stale and giving your stars, or preferably everyone, proper songs for their entrance, is essential. Moreso with WWE, where they have so many hours of TV for acts to potentially get stale in, and so much of what they can offer that other companies can't comes down to production values and a grander scale.

Edited by SturmCRF

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

As always with Bray, he's only going to be as successful as they book him. So just remember that this is the same company that stupidly believes in shit like "wins and losses don't matter if the story is good and you get heat" and shit like "such and such didn't need a championship."

At the end of the day Bray is still a heel and since he's a cool heel, Vince and creative will go out of their way to have him lose many times thinking he's bulletproof when he isn't. Look at Samoa Joe. Did can kill it in the ring and is probably the best person in the company on the mic and he's given the same treatment to where he barely matters.

I want to be pleasantly surprised and see Bray finally booked like how he should be, which is some kind of unstoppable force. He's no longer the cult leader without a cult so he already has that going for him. For once, strike while the iron is hot and sick him on Seth Rollins.

Joe isn’t the best example because it would actually prove their point that wins and losses don’t matter because he hasn’t won a big match in forever, loses all his programs, never beats opponents above a certain level and still remains over as ever.  He can challenge anyone on the roster and the crowd will be hot for him, even though you know he has no chance.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Infinit said:

That was an amazing debut for The Fiend. But I'm waiting for Vince and co. to mess it up.

It's WWE In a nutshell though. You can have the coolest character in the world but if it doesn't evolve and grow it will just get stale. 

1 minute ago, goodhelmet said:

He's also a huge D&D nerd who builds D&D sets in his basement. 

Exactly that, yeah. Between that (and getting to play with the best DMs/players on the reg in his dope dungeon), wrestling, and Sofia... Dude!

edit: his D&D clothing line, Death Saves, is fucking AMAZING. I own a bunch of their shirts and posters. Love it!

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 1

All the praise for Roman/Murphy makes me almost wish I wasn’t a petty asshole who won’t watch WWE because he was mad about a stupid comedy segment in 2007.

Almost.

Edited by Super Ape
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm a metal fan and the only WWE theme that is remotely good in that vein (as in supposedly "heavy") to me is Strowman's.

The last one before that was... uhhh... hmmm... Vader's? 

Stone Cold's Disturbed theme was pretty great, or does that not count?

• Like 1