Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

Don't worry, I'm sure it has nothing to do with undermining CMLL's relationships with ROH and New Japan. Nothing. At. All.

They have talked to CMLL and NJPW before about trying to use talent. People need to remember that the contentiousness in the relationships is mostly based on WWE not seeing either as competition.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, really, CMLL isn’t competition. They aren’t a traveling group. They have contracts with Arena’s, and own Arena Mexico. They’ve never really left their comfort zone, and unless Sofia is pushing them in a different business model, they’ll stick to what they’ve got. I think I’m fine with this. But, I feel like they’ll always get more out of New Japan, then the WWE, since Vince gets very bored with these side projects fast. Like he did with AAA, and later CMLL in the 90’s.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I mean, really, CMLL isn’t competition. They aren’t a traveling group. They have contracts with Arena’s, and own Arena Mexico. They’ve never really left their comfort zone, and unless Sofia is pushing them in a different business model, they’ll stick to what they’ve got. I think I’m fine with this. But, I feel like they’ll always get more out of New Japan, then the WWE, since Vince gets very bored with these side projects fast. Like he did with AAA, and later CMLL in the 90’s.

I agree with this though to be fair its generally been HHH who wants to push these side projects the few years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ReiseReise said:

There was an album a few years back where a philharmonic orchestra interpreted Rammstein songs. It was a very ill fit and my worst musical purchase, despite Rammstein being one of my all time favourite bands.

Therefore I'm skeptical. I also think WALTER's theme is pretty much perfect, so I'm a bit biased regarding this particular topic of discussion. 

That breaks my heart to hear. Walter's theme is perfect, but something just made me think Rammstein's touch on it would be good.

I always figured you were a Rammstein fan given your user name. I love their new album, btw.

I posted a bunch of Rammstein covers in the Odd Cover Thread a while back. One of which was a Russian music class covering "Du riechst so gut". It was really fucking good. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
and it was posted on the last page
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Raziel said:

Vince asking if Sofia has any more guys that think they want US careers to either join the Lucha House Party or bang one of Vince's chosen blondes?

Fuego would probably fit into that sort of role without really costing CMLL too much. He already has the handshake denial, the matrix duck and the dancing in every match.. so he'd fit as a WWE comedy guy.

For some reason, and this might not make sense, but Fuego sorta comes off as "what if Deadpool was a pro wrestler" to me.

Anyways, they'd probably much more inclined to either take one of the top guys.. or Volcano because he's tall (for Mexico), even if his outfit makes him look like he's made of foam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, D.Z said:

ECCAdZLUYAAaZKH?format=png&name=900x900

Considering they’re pushing this as an important breakthrough moment, they should have had a caveat that no former WWE world champions/current title holders could join and replaced Miz and Owens with, say, Roode and Slater.   Otherwise it looks weird that they’re pushing it as a prestigious title but none of the bigger names like Rollins, Reigns, New Day, Styles, Orton, Ziggler, Nakamura, Strowman, etc. are in it.  

Also it’s funny that they don’t have more current photo of Gable.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not mind too much to see Vince take the Munoz family. Unfortunately, they would likely take the sons but leave Bestia (especially since he can’t apparenty get a US Visa). 

Just please leave the caveman, the sorcerer and negro casas. 

Edited by odessasteps
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, caley said:

Considering they’re pushing this as an important breakthrough moment, they should have had a caveat that no former WWE world champions/current title holders could join and replaced Miz and Owens with, say, Roode and Slater.   Otherwise it looks weird that they’re pushing it as a prestigious title but none of the bigger names like Rollins, Reigns, New Day, Styles, Orton, Ziggler, Nakamura, Strowman, etc. are in it.  

It makes sense- for some reason, the "King of the Ring" now seems to only come around when some big name's act gets stale and WWE decides "let's just make him a king! Kings are funny..."

I'd assume from this McIntyre gets the win, as he seems to be right in that sweet spot of "big deal" and "could use the slight repackaging."

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, D.Z said:

I had already accepted that lucha would be one of my few outposts for wrestling after The Enemy achieves world domination, but if they’re gonna get their fingers into Mexico then I’m gonna have to find a new hobby entirely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Super Ape said:

I had already accepted that lucha would be one of my few outposts for wrestling after The Enemy achieves world domination, but if they’re gonna get their fingers into Mexico then I’m gonna have to find a new hobby entirely.

Other hobbies are good.  Getting back into collecting Transformers action figures, myself.  Some pretty cool ones out these days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, PB-13 said:

Other hobbies are good.  Getting back into collecting Transformers action figures, myself.  Some pretty cool ones out these days.

Yeah, for people with money. 😩

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, PB-13 said:

Other hobbies are good.  Getting back into collecting Transformers action figures, myself.  Some pretty cool ones out these days.

 

6 minutes ago, Super Ape said:

Yeah, for people with money. 😩

Crossword puzzles

the jumble

coin collecting

homemade porn

walking in the park

volunteering at an animal shelter

...just some suggestions

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RIPPA locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...