DVDVR Message Board

Raw is On Plan B - 6/4/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Lashley/Zayn is just... dull. Like, some of the most dull television WWE has put out in awhile. I don't want to cheer Lashley. I don't want to boo Zayn. I don't care about Lashley's family nor his inspirational quotes. Zayn's military zinger was just the laziest and cheapest of heat. The whole thing just totally sucks and I can't wait for it to end.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Peck said:

Lashley/Zayn is just... dull. Like, some of the most dull television WWE has put out in awhile. I don't want to cheer Lashley. I don't want to boo Zayn. I don't care about Lashley's family nor his inspirational quotes. Zayn's military zinger was just the laziest and cheapest of heat. The whole thing just totally sucks and I can't wait for it to end.

I feel bad for both of them. You see it on their faces, "We know it sucks, but this is what we have to work with." A fictional Japanese shampoo commercial would be a step up from this.

• Like 1

Seriously. Walking Armageddon was a great gimmick. Let him run through people, build to a monster clean with a Brock or Braun.

Sami is giving this his all, but the material is so bad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, caley said:

That poor woman got hurt and they sent Ronda Rousey and a ref out to help her and no one thought to call an EMT!"

Poor Ronda's friend Nattie. Did you know that she's Ronda's friend, Nattie? Good thing Ronda's friend Nattie's friend Ronda came to the aid of Ronda's friend Nattie.

Also, James Harden was local wrestler Will Lockhart of Booker T's ROW Wrestling. We all depended on him for free tacos, which was the loudest chant of the night.

Its prob because my grandmother used to volunteer a lot with Special Olympics, but that thing they did with Big Show and then Balor coming out for his entrance felt nice. Those kids/ athletes were so into it and it was pretty cool seeing them do the arm raise thing with Big Show included. 

• Like 5

I've worked a lot with special needs children in the past and it brought back fond memories,  I had quite a few kids who were big into wrestling too.  The network was the greatest invention ever as it allowed me to be able to have all the kids huddle around my phone on break during school hours and we'd watch a match or two.  These kids must have loved being out there with Finn and everything.  

That's about the only highlight of the show.  I thought the women worked hard but it was a bad and illogical finish.  

Zayn/Lashley..  I don't even know if I can say it was bad but it was so boring that I only remember the military line.  I think I was browsing air filters and A/C units during it.  I mean I was completely checked out.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I feel bad for both of them. You see it on their faces, "We know it sucks, but this is what we have to work with." A fictional Japanese shampoo commercial would be a step up from this.

In the Video game Crush Hour they actually show Edge's Japanese Shampoo commercial. 

There was so much terrible stuff this week and I think it was the Sami/Lashley segment that put me to sleep.

Like, stop having Rhonda talk. Her segments with Nia were death.

Stop booking Lashley like how they're booking him.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jamal said:

I liked the women's tag but agree everyone looked like a fool. I'm guessing this sets up a rematch next week. 

I feel like I have no idea who Nia even is supposed to be anymore. 

Nia Jax is Jenny Rose with an offense that makes no sense.

10 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

But without Ronda/Nia, how would we know only Ronda's husband can call her ripe for the picking?

Seriously- you use the same line, twice, on commentary, that's bad.

To be fair, she may have jumped the gun on that stupid line as they went to break, so Vince and Dunn made her say it again, because it was such a great line to begin with. Idiots. 

Sort of reminded me of Bischoff’s scissors line to Sid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

You bought/rented Crush Hour?!

; )

I had to look up this game since I've never heard of it. I lost interest in video games when I was about 17. Crush Hour sounds terrible.

• Like 1

I look forward to the constant bitching about Coach's commentary for the rest of the year. I will keep giving the same response I was given when I bitched about Booker T: mute it.

21 minutes ago, Casey said:

I look forward to the constant bitching about Coach's commentary for the rest of the year. I will keep giving the same response I was given when I bitched about Booker T: mute it.

God, this gimmick sucks

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Nia Jax is Jenny Rose with an offense that makes no sense.

How is Nia like Jenny Rose? How does her offense make no sense? She is 6'0 tall, 272 lbs and crushes people. How does that not make sense?