DVDVR Message Board

OCT 2017 WRESTLING JIBBER JABBER

RIPPA

Honestly at this point the only reason I watch RAW/SMACKDOWN is when/because I have to work out. And that's mainly because it makes me think "If Kevin Owens can do that shit and not pass out, then I can make it through this shit right here." and/or also "Right at this moment my arms are bigger than Enzo's...FUCK YEAH BITCHES CHECK THIS SHIT OUT!!!!"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I feel like a moron as I do not know how serious meningitis is. 

Well it can be fatal - though modern medicine has dropped that number. Still when it can kill 400K in a year. You don't fuck around with it.

The big reason it is bad news is that it attacks the central nervous system - more specifically the brain and spine.

AND it is is viral and can easily transfer from person to person.

21 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

I'm curious why you think LU should be on fire when it's on a network about 2/3 of the country doesn't get and when you round down, 0% of the country watches.  I think it's pretty impressive the show still can draw over 150K viewers when it does.  And it did well enough for Netflix to pick it up.  Granted, a fourth season doesn't seem likely, but I think realistically, the show overachieved if this ends up being it.

I didn't say that it "should" be on fire. Strawman argument.

I said that it "would" be on fire in 1997, which I think is a fair suggestion since ECW got farther from a worse starting position than LU and because even if you don't think LU is as good as peak ECW, it's certainly the type of show with a look and with the action that would have been a hit at that time. 

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well it can be fatal - though modern medicine has dropped that number. Still when it can kill 400K in a year. You don't fuck around with it.

The big reason it is bad news is that it attacks the central nervous system - more specifically the brain and spine.

Viral is the "ok" one. Bacterial meningitis is the one you really don't want to fuck with.

So if the Shield are staying together for a few months, and they're doing some sort of rand vs brand deal at SurSer, does that mean Shield vs New Day will happen? 

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Also from the WON update

Nia Jax is out of action with WWE after the company had been denying it all week. Alexa Bliss, who is her friend, and who wouldn't do an interview without WWE approval, said to the New York Post that she wouldn't call it a leave of absence but that Jax is taking some time off, blaming it on the tough WWE road schedule. Bliss said that she took some resets while in NXT but nobody knew about them. 

I am not sure if that last line means Nia or Bliss took the breaks during NXT but you get the point

It's easy for me in my nice office to kinda shake my head when I see complaints about the schedule from WWE wrestlers in 2017, but it's obvious they'd have lasted about a week in the old territory system or even the mid-90s WWF

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Also from the WON update

I am not sure if that last line means Nia or Bliss took the breaks during NXT but you get the point

It means Bliss.

15 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

It's easy for me in my nice office to kinda shake my head when I see complaints about the schedule from WWE wrestlers in 2017, but it's obvious they'd have lasted about a week in the old territory system or even the mid-90s WWF

Yeah, but we don't have 15-20 wrestlers in their 30s and 40s drop dead anymore either.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Meltzer posted in the WON update last night that Bray is definitely ill but obviously they have made no announcement regarding the TLC Card

I mean since it's "Sister Abigail", they could technically send any unknown person out there.  Which would actually make the Bray character quite a bit more interesting.  Granted, it'd be tough for something to make him any less interesting at this point.

21 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Well, I will say, throwing Bray into a match where he might have meningitis would be the first time a Bray match would actually be scary.

21 hours ago, Craig H said:

And people say that WWE Creative is shitty and doesn't come up with good ideas.

Did CZW ever have a match with the stip that the loser would get a communicable disease?  Or was that actually every match?  And not just the loser?

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

I mean since it's "Sister Abigail", they could technically send any unknown person out there.  Which would actually make the Bray character quite a bit more interesting.  Granted, it'd be tough for something to make him any less interesting at this point.

If making him MORE interesting is the goal, like I said, Autistic Bray Wyatt is *rightthere*.