DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Hometown Rules - 5/30/2017

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Shane just coming out and being all THIS IS AMAZING~! while everyone was dead around ringside made me laugh and laugh and laugh

It was pretty hilarious when he did his usual entrance, especially since he had to step over the mangled bodies to get in the ring and do his goofy shuffle.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Maybe they'll finally bring her back teamed up with the Fashion Police given her history with each of them.

Summer would be amazing with them so I'm really hoping this happens.

And AJ losing made me laugh at how tone deaf this company is.  It's one thing to lose in his hometown, it's another to have him lose clean.  But to lose clean in his hometown to Dolph Ziggler?!  Who in the fucking fuck thought this was a good idea?  If they really wanted him to lose I would have picked literally anybody else in the MITB match.  I know this is a bit of nerd rage, but holy crap the stupidity of it all.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, caley said:

Breezongo is basically Smackdown's Golden Truth.  Better than being The Ascension.

Well, Breezango is the best thing about SDL right now...I don't know if Golden Truth is there yet for Raw, but R-Truth name-dropping Dolemite in promos is a good start...

4 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

If the Fashion Police keep the 40s noir gimmick, Summer Rae should talk like Jennifer Jason Leigh in the Hudsucker Proxy.

Actually, I'd have Lana play it.  Completely in American accent, never acknowledging who she is when she's in color. 

• Like 2

Harper's video made me laugh. *shrug* I know I don't want him to be a totally normal dude, but that particular video was funny. At least it was at the end.

Also, I'm shocked HHH didn't package Aiden English as a CM Punk cosplayer. 

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Harper's video made me laugh. *shrug* I know I don't want him to be a totally normal dude, but that particular video was funny. At least it was at the end.

Also, I'm shocked HHH didn't package Aiden English as a CM Punk cosplayer. 

They'll never do or say anything on screen that would kill a possible Punk return. Now, in the privacy of his home, HHH may use CM Punk 8 x 10's to play darts or to clean up after his dog with.

As well spoken and smart as Harper is, I also don't want him to be a normal dude. He's just too good at playing characters like a twisted truck driver and a backwoods cult member.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't want him playing a normal guy either. If anything, he could just be a shitkicker who is normally calm and reserve until a switch is flipped where he turns into a savage.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

It was pretty hilarious when he did his usual entrance, especially since he had to step over the mangled bodies to get in the ring and do his goofy shuffle.

This was my favorite part of the show. I love Shane's entrance.

As one of the few remaining Ziggler fans, I still like seeing him get a big win every now and then. It seems face AJ loses most of his big matches while heel AJ won most of his big matches.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Yeah, I don't want him playing a normal guy either. If anything, he could just be a shitkicker who is normally calm and reserve until a switch is flipped where he turns into a savage.

Recycle the short-lived Mike Knox gimmick of being extremely intellectual and knowledgeable about injuring his opponents. I could definitely see Harper making that work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Recycle the short-lived Mike Knox gimmick of being extremely intellectual and knowledgeable about injuring his opponents. I could definitely see Harper making that work. 

Loved that gimmick. I remember a promo just after he'd beaten the shit out of Mysterio, where the interviewer asked him what his problem was with Rey Mysterio. Knox just looked at him and calmly said "I don't have a problem with Rey Mysterio". Just loved the idea he was a calm relaxed guy who just liked hurting people

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Maybe Harper is going to transform back into Brodie Lee. Still, a promo explaining such a switch would have been nice.

Luke Gallows sent Harper to the same rehab center he went to in order to get off drugs and shed his Festus persona.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Did Harper get another job as a long haul truck driver?

He's responsible for bringing Bray's furniture from the House of Horrors over to the Compound.

The Fridge That Beat Orton will be the centerpiece of the new mancave set where Abigail used to be buried.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zev said:

He's responsible for bringing Bray's furniture from the House of Horrors over to the Compound.

The Fridge That Beat Orton will be the centerpiece of the new mancave set where Abigail used to be buried.

Meanwhile, Erick Rowan should be paired with Becky Lynch. He's got a new steampunk mask, Becky's goggles, the red hair. It's a perfect match.

7 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

If Rowan is supposed to be a vintner, why doesn't he have a move called the Grapes of Wrath? It's lame, but it's totally something they would come up with.

Progress Wrestling had a Chapter (show) called The Graps of Wrath. Maybe Rowan will get that new hold and beat some UK guys with it.