DVDVR Message Board

WWE HALL OF FAME 2017

RIPPA

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Not to be a dick but duhhhh of course it is a PR thing.  And it is going to be one until they find another charity like Susan G Kommen.  I guess they couldn't find the celebrity to associate with Be a Star.   As far as I know he hasn't been associated with the WWE.  I guess he is a WWE fan

Those that live can tell the story.  Until Dana Warrior puts up a stink about it then it isn't a big deal.

Point taken, and yes phrased poorly, it is obviously a PR move, even with Connor.

Doesn't make it right, especially considering that the namesake of the award died 48 hours after suggesting it in the first place. But with so much that is wrong with the company from a creative and legal standpoint (independent contractors)...the execution of the Warrior Award does not crack the top 100. Not that they would dare change anything due to the fact that they make tons of money each year.

2 hours ago, zev said:

With all due respect to this year's recipient, if the award is to honor those that "Keep on keeping on despite adversity", why didn't they give it to Droz?

Because Droz is a wrestler and they don't want to remind people of the dangers of wrestling.

I honestly didn't know who LeGrand is, but after that video talking about what he went through it's hard not to root for the guy.  Is it a PR move?  Most likely, but recognizing a paralyzed player who is doing great things like he is deserves a ton of respect.

Per PWI - they changed their mind on Regal and he isn't going in this year

Also from Dave

They are also going to add more people to the legacy wing, which is the Josh Gibson wing of the Hall of Fame. Essentially it’s where they put people like Lou Thesz and Strangler Lewis in because it’s not marketable to induct them into the public version. If nothing else, it’s the answer for the idea that how can you have a pro wrestling Hall of Fame without Frank Gotch and Thesz. I’d suspect Jim Londos, since that’s the most glaring commission. They started it last year and did the same quota they have for the real Hall, which will be tough with women in particular although for a few years they can do June Byers and Penny Banner and Clara Mortensen (the world champion before Mildred Burke) before it’s just names. Last year with the quota they put in Art Thomas, who was a bigger star than some in the main Hall, was still a very different level of star of everyone else. The obvious pick there would be Bearcat Wright, but a lot of the promoters hated him, and for good reason, but he was a legit superstar and big draw worldwide. The problem with quotas in the Hall of Fame is you have a much easier standard for those within the quota group to get in

Didn't Kurt want Austin to induct him?  Either way I guess he can't complain much with Cena doing the honors.  And APA is exactly the two that should be inducting Teddy, especially since I don't know what Butch Reed's up to these days.

Over the years, Cornette has always said that he and Vince got along pretty well, and Vince treated him good while he was in the company. Of course, he's talked mad shit about IWC supervillain Kevin Dunn, but I doubt he'll even come in contact with him at the HOF. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sublime said:

According to WWE Facebook: Cornette is inducting the RnR's. He hates WWE (when they're not writing checks to him)

You know he said weeks ago if asked he would induct the RnR's? So its not some left field about face.