DVDVR Message Board

WWE HALL OF FAME 2017

RIPPA

Satino should be the one inducting Beth.

And I have a feeling that Floyd Mayweather could be the celebrity inductee this year. Might be a small possibility but it would make since. it was at Wrestlemania in Orlando nine years ago that Floyd had his match with Show. They're back in Orlando and Floyd is still a big name that would generate mainstream buzz which they love. Show can Induct him. And yes I know the valid reasons as to why they should have nothing to do with Floyd.

On 1/17/2017 at 3:04 AM, Go2Sleep said:

I think we need to start taking, uh, *looks at notes* givemesport.com more seriously.

They were way ahead of the curve on this one.

I was always a huge fan of Beth Phoenix during her run (her match with Melina where she kicked Melina in the head with her own foot was great!) but I'm not sure what she's done to get in to the HoF. I mean, we all know that the "Hall" is really just for whoever Vince is in good graces with, but it seemed like they were attempting to build it up a bit more legitimately the last few years with their inductions. She was paired with Santino, won the Divas title when it meant the least in company history, and was in the Rumble that one time. She certainly helped lay the foundation for the current crop of women, being an actually good female wrestler in the dark days of Kelly Kelly and Ashley Masaro, but her credentials are right up there with Melina. Does Melina deserve to go in as well? If Beth Phoenix wasn't married to Edge, would she be considered? Elizabeth still isn't in. Molly Holly would be a better choice. Ivory is available.

I get that there's not a large group of women wrestlers for them to choose from, but Beth doesn't feel like she belongs in the Hall based on her WWE career.

23 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

I was always a huge fan of Beth Phoenix during her run (her match with Melina where she kicked Melina in the head with her own foot was great!) but I'm not sure what she's done to get in to the HoF. I mean, we all know that the "Hall" is really just for whoever Vince is in good graces with, but it seemed like they were attempting to build it up a bit more legitimately the last few years with their inductions. She was paired with Santino, won the Divas title when it meant the least in company history, and was in the Rumble that one time. She certainly helped lay the foundation for the current crop of women, being an actually good female wrestler in the dark days of Kelly Kelly and Ashley Masaro, but her credentials are right up there with Melina. Does Melina deserve to go in as well? If Beth Phoenix wasn't married to Edge, would she be considered? Elizabeth still isn't in. Molly Holly would be a better choice. Ivory is available.

I get that there's not a large group of women wrestlers for them to choose from, but Beth doesn't feel like she belongs in the Hall based on her WWE career.

From a kayfabe sense, is that even close to being true?  Arguably the same question goes for Ivory.

I feel like Molly had a much better and longer and more memorable run than Beth Phoenix. Her career spanned through the end of WCW and then in to WWE. The Holly Cousins. Mighty Molly. Hair match at Mania. Helping train multiple incoming divas, including paying tuition for Beth Phoenix.

Ivory's career goes back to GLOW. She was a large cornerstone in the end of Attitude Era's Women Division, the segueing to the post-Attitude era and is up there with Jacqueline and Lita and Trish during that era, if you ask me. And then there was the RTC run concluding with her match against Chyna at WrestleMania.

I'd say both of those are better careers than Beth's short WWE run.

Molly won the Women's championship twice and the Hardcore title once during a five year WWE career.

Ivory won it three times during a six year WWE career, along with (per Wikipedia) a Glow championship and tag championship.

Beth Phoenix was in the WWE for six years, won the Divas or Womens titles four times (IIRC, her reigns were pretty long) and was in the Royal Rumble.

Yeah - if any others go in this year - it will be as part of a group and have a living member or two (see the Freebirds from last year as an example)