DVDVR Message Board

WWE HALL OF FAME 2017

RIPPA

This is the same company that inducted Razor Ramon, not Scott Hall, but Razor. We'll be lucky if Rude's WCW run gets more than a few clips in his video package & they'll probably concentrate on his nWo run cause Monday Night Wars >>>>>>

41 minutes ago, Lacelle said:

This is the same company that inducted Razor Ramon, not Scott Hall, but Razor. We'll be lucky if Rude's WCW run gets more than a few clips in his video package & they'll probably concentrate on his nWo run cause Monday Night Wars >>>>>>

And yet, Kevin Nash was inducted as Kevin Nash. Always thought that was weird. And Madusa was put in as Alundra Blayze even though she spent a majority of her career as Madusa. I dunno. Maybe they ask them how they'd like to be inducted?

16 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

And yet, Kevin Nash was inducted as Kevin Nash. Always thought that was weird. And Madusa was put in as Alundra Blayze even though she spent a majority of her career as Madusa. I dunno. Maybe they ask them how they'd like to be inducted?

Somone tweeted this weekend that they were talking to one of the Mattel reps at one of the toy shows and the Mattel rep said that when Godfather went in last year - it covered all of Charles Wright's gimmicks.

So I am assuming the same holds true for everyone

24 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Wonder what the acid test of that is. Whether they release a Vinnie Vegas or Oz figurine (which I'm guessing they didn't?), or when Kane eventually goes in, do they induct him as Glenn Jacobs?

Xmas creature action figure. The perfect stocking stuffer.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Who is that and does he make sense?

Aww... you hate reading articles.

He was a football player for Rutgers who got paralyzed in a game

He makes sense in that he liked wrestling as a kid????

1 hour ago, The Great ML said:

Sigh. The concept was supposed to be for backstage unsung heroes that made the company go round.

Now it's just a PR thing.

Not to be a dick but duhhhh of course it is a PR thing.  And it is going to be one until they find another charity like Susan G Kommen.  I guess they couldn't find the celebrity to associate with Be a Star.   As far as I know he hasn't been associated with the WWE.  I guess he is a WWE fan

Those that live can tell the story.  Until Dana Warrior puts up a stink about it then it isn't a big deal.

Not to go down this rabbit hole but Warrior in his speech expressed having a wing called the "Jimmy Miranda Award" honoring unsung production and other people that make the wheel turn, nothing wrong with what they are doing honoring those that have made positive impacts in the face of great adversity but it's the WWE there's dubious motives and it's a PR thing. 

• Like 1