DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

It's Shane, Goldberg, and Cena, And MAYBE Bryan for a short period of time.

That's about it. Brock for just about one PPV before he became an anchor dragging down the product. Rock in small doses. Basically no one else. Shane probably has a better WON HOF case than Rollins at this point.

• Like 1

If AJ's not going to be involved in a title match at WM, Shane-AJ makes sense on a lot of levels.  The company would no doubt view it as a high-profile match for AJ, Shane is over enough that he'd get good babyface reactions and hopefully keep from turning AJ face, and it'd get good placement on the card.  My main objection is that I have no interest in the matchup, so it may actually cause me to lose some interest in WM.

I still think the best angle for either AJ or Cena is to let AJ keep the belt at the Rumble and have Cena chase him for three more months, only to finally beat him at WM.

• Like 1

I don't think Cena should tie and subsequently break Flairs record. Keep Flairs record in tact regardless on how I feel about him personally Ric Flair is Ric Flair and should have the record for World Title Reigns for ever

54 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I don't think Cena should tie and subsequently break Flairs record. Keep Flairs record in tact regardless on how I feel about him personally Ric Flair is Ric Flair and should have the record for World Title Reigns for ever

Knowing WWE, it's probably more likely that they'll have Cena win no. 16 tomorrow, drop the belt at Elimination Chamber, then win it back at WrestleMania to give Cena world title no. 17.  I don't mind Cena breaking Flair's record, but I hope they don't cheapen it like that.

• Like 1

There are a ton of people being affected by Trump's horrific and disgraceful Muslim ban right now, with even green card holders and dual citizens being denied entry to the country. If a citizen of one of those seven countries is legally in the country now, and has to leave for personal or business reasons, they won't be allowed back in the next 90 days. Way, way down the ladder of concerns, my mind drifted to WWE and I wondered if they had any staff that may be affected.

Any ideas? If Sami Zayn has dual citizenship of Syria, he would be one. Likewise Ariya Daivari if he has dual citizenship of Iran. (Had a quick look at their roster and couldn't see others, but there could be more. I don't know the backgrounds of all of their performers.) If that is the case, those two wrestlers either won't be able to leave the country, or if they do, they won't be able to re-enter. WWE has a house show tour of Canada in a couple of weeks.

59 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Wonder if Corey has shown anyone in the office the DT gimmick his brother is doing in Mexico. 

I just saw Sam  a few weeks ago. Was at the IWC show that Jericho did the intro at.  I am shocked at how good he has gotten. I remember when Sam was 10 yrs old hanging out at shows and SJK was 18  or so just breaking in. 

2 hours ago, Cameron Swift said:

There are a ton of people being affected by Trump's horrific and disgraceful Muslim ban right now, with even green card holders and dual citizens being denied entry to the country. If a citizen of one of those seven countries is legally in the country now, and has to leave for personal or business reasons, they won't be allowed back in the next 90 days. Way, way down the ladder of concerns, my mind drifted to WWE and I wondered if they had any staff that may be affected.

Any ideas? If Sami Zayn has dual citizenship of Syria, he would be one. Likewise Ariya Daivari if he has dual citizenship of Iran. (Had a quick look at their roster and couldn't see others, but there could be more. I don't know the backgrounds of all of their performers.) If that is the case, those two wrestlers either won't be able to leave the country, or if they do, they won't be able to re-enter. WWE has a house show tour of Canada in a couple of weeks.

Is it too late for them to claim they're from Saudi Arabia?

24 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I just saw Sam  a few weeks ago. Was at the IWC show that Jericho did the intro at.  I am shocked at how good he has gotten. I remember when Sam was 10 yrs old hanging out at shows and SJK was 18  or so just breaking in. 

He has nuclear heat right now, with the DT gimmick. Check out his last few Arena Mexico matches on cubsfan' youtube channel.

I also had him on the pod last summer talking about working in Mexico.