DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

3 hours ago, El Dragon said:

But SO many WWE guys would just stict to a script and ignore it. 

There is a zero percent chance that the ham-fisted Clue lines weren't written by WWE writers.

The gentleman's duel segment was still the best thing on the show, though. Daivari was good as the straight man and Gallagher is so good with his physical storytelling. Gallagher should be on SD working his way up to dethroning the Miz. I'm having a hard time caring about anything else on this show.

Neville's the first to make me care at all about the cruiserweight division so I tuned in only for his match. He has been on fire and just kicking ass since returning in addition to great mic work all of a sudden. An amazing superplex delivers a real 'holy crap he actually got him' finish. I was about to mark out only to be very disappointed to realize this was not a title match.. Ah well the match went mostly as it should have but now I have doubts he gets the title soon enough.

I heard it on a podcast recently that the story of the Cruiserweight division should be that almost all the CWs are at about the same level but there's one who is a few levels above them and he should be the dominate champion until someone can get up on his level in a few months. I would be okay with Neville winning the title around the Rumble and holding the belt until WrestleMania 34. It builds the belt up and makes it a bigger story when someone named Cedric Alexander pins Neville clean (plus it allows a current WWE superstar to be the longest reigning CW champ in history)

14 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Jack Gallagher is probably my favorite thing about WWE right now. I assume he'll be the one to take the title off Neville after he beats Rich Swann.

Of course, I'm looking foward to Tajiri being back.

I need Tajiri and Gallagher doing something together.  Anything, really, and the sooner, the better.

• Like 4

The duel was amazing. I guess they're going with Neville as champion soon so he can do his Pac Lesnar thing. But man, Jack Gallagher is too good to keep just in the cruiserweight division. I need him and Bob Backlund doing a series of calisthenics challenges. Hell, lets put Bob in the CWC. There's no reason why he couldn't be at 205 lbs. 

YOUNG MAN...YOUR FORM IS IMPRESSIVE.

Anything to keep a potential feud of Perkins vs. Neville away from the tv.

9 hours ago, Cristobal said:

Tajiri thinks Gallagher is Regal after losing some weight, keeps trying to bring him tea and attack his enemies.

HOLY SHIT!  I want this on my tv immediately.

I'm kind of torn on the whole Neville deal because he I really have been loving heel Neville ring work.  I've got a feeling that Vince's is pushing this "Well, you're mad at Americans because you talk funny" angle.  Given the Raw crowds have been pro-Neville makes me wonder if they should have had face Neville chase Kendrick, but it definitely feels like the Raw crowd isn't buying in with TJP and Swann vs. a name they know.

This was the best 205 Live they've had so far, and that's with Cedric losing again. I hate seeing Cedric saddled with this lame ass angle. The sooner it's done with, the better. It's as lame that apparently the only reason for Noam Dar getting this much time is because him saying Fox sounds like "Fucks," which is hilarious to Vince. Although, I'm not going to lie...thinking of Vince laughing his ass off every time he hears Dar say "Fucks" makes me giggle just a little bit.

Heel Neville is awesome. He still looks Benoit-lite though, so hopefully he's just ultra dedicated to working out and isn't a suspension risk.

And the inverted 450 from Ali was scary looking. He came so close to catching his feet on the mat before he landed. I'd like to see him bust out something different so he doesn't hurt himself.

19 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

The duel was amazing. I guess they're going with Neville as champion soon so he can do his Pac Lesnar thing. But man, Jack Gallagher is too good to keep just in the cruiserweight division. I need him and Bob Backlund doing a series of calisthenics challenges. Hell, lets put Bob in the CWC. There's no reason why he couldn't be at 205 lbs. 

YOUNG MAN...YOUR FORM IS IMPRESSIVE.

Anything to keep a potential feud of Perkins vs. Neville away from the tv.

Drew Gulak could've passed as Bob Backlund Jr. in that suit he was wearing.

That should be a thing.

• Like 3

Great show tonight. Enjoyed every match and that was an A+ main event for sure.

Really enjoying the work of Noam Dar and Mustafa Ali, two guys who were pure afterthoughts for me back in the CWC. Dar's gimmick is clicking and Ali's finisher may be one of the best in WWE.

21 hours ago, Peck said:

Great show tonight. Enjoyed every match and that was an A+ main event for sure.

Really enjoying the work of Noam Dar and Mustafa Ali, two guys who were pure afterthoughts for me back in the CWC. Dar's gimmick is clicking and Ali's finisher may be one of the best in WWE.

Really enjoyed the Dar/Ali match. Ali is much better as a face, he's just a naturally likeable guy, and I don't have faith in WWE to run a "You people judge me based on my race" gimmick without it being a disaster. Dar's armwork was all really nasty too, loved him grinding his wrist tape across Ali's face during an armbar, and grabbing that Fujiwara out of the sky looked great. Big fan of his riding "says 'Alicia Fox' in a funny voice" into a semi-over character