DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

I'm consistently enjoying this program more than any other WWE show these days, but I never get around to it till later in the week. After seeing Cena and Styles and Ambrose and Orton and Wyatt and Harper and Miz and Becky on Tuesdays, I just can't be bothered with lower-tier cruisers who (with a few exceptions) I have no emotional investment in. 

Maybe the soft-bigotry of low expectations is carrying this show for me, but I've been digging it for the last couple months. 

Only real shortcoming is they can't even be bothered to throw some of that 50-50 booking Drew Gulak's way. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pete said:

I feel like everyone is getting fifty-fiftied to death outside Neville. Maybe introduce a trios title? At least they'd be elevating another three guys...

Yes. Team X Gold was a good idea poorly executed. Maybe don't even have belts, just a trophy or something.

43 minutes ago, Sin Carne said:

Yes. Team X Gold was a good idea poorly executed. Maybe don't even have belts, just a trophy or something.

I think a tag division would be better than a trios title.  There are a couple of teams that are essentially ready to go already.  D.I.Y., Tajiri/Tozawa, Nese/Gulak, and I think Aries and Kendrick would be great as a veteran asshole team.  That is two face teams and two heel teams, which is enough to start a division.  The roster would be a little thin for a trios title right now.

On 2/22/2017 at 7:08 PM, Sin Carne said:

Noone watching?

I enjoy the show when I watch it, but it's already become inessential viewing for me.  The way the company handles the show makes me feel the company doesn't care at all, but wants another hour of programming for the Network.  The lack of crowd enthusiasm really detracts from it for me.  If I wanted to watch wrestlers I enjoy be halfheartedly booked in front of a small, dead crowd, I've got shows from Herb Abrams' ill-fated run on DVD.  Actually, a lot about Abrams' UWF reminds me of the 205Live.  

Anyway, Abrams, Gallagher, and Kendrick, among others, are doing good stuff, so I'll get around to watching new eps eventually.

Pretty fun show, but yeah that crowd indifference is still a major issue.

After being unimpressed by Noam Dar in the CWC, he has become a fav with his sleazy heeling. I really want him to become Neville's lackey after watching some of their interactions in tags.

I think the division could benefit from more multi-man sprints and the trios idea is solid. Something that really sets them apart and shows a different level of action and energy.

Gallagher is pretty golden, but man I do not care for his finish. It looks nasty, but the set-up is usually contrived and I just think he needs a few other signature moves that can end matches. A submission or a tricked out pinning combination to compliment the dropkick.

Kendrick is still killing it as the crafty vet and I hope this stuff with Tozawa keeps building to an epic match. Probably no Burning Hammers needed(or allowed) this time however.

10 hours ago, quackhell said:

Kendrick is still killing it as the crafty vet and I hope this stuff with Tozawa keeps building to an epic match. Probably no Burning Hammers needed(or allowed) this time however.

Technically they weren't allowed the first time.

• Like 1

Dar over Dorado and another Tozawa/Kendrick segment sets up Swann/Tozawa vs Dar/Kendrick for the Fastlane kick-off.

Ariya Daivari getting a hometown pop was kinda nice, and damn that 6-man was not actually a complete throwaway; great false finish off the inverted 450, and actually an amusing double hot tag followed by a smart finish by Nese. 

Gallagher has got the best of Neville way too many times for him to be winning on Sunday, but damn has it all been a lot of fun. I'm curious about what they do with him in the medium/long term - hard to really see him even in serious tag matches in the main divisions, but I'm not sure they can just keep finding feuds for him on 205Live. I think they'll do something else with him though. Maybe he can turn Luke Harper into a gentleman, or Backlund goes heel and they feud somehow.

I liked the six-man tag a lot.  I'm amazed that Daivari didn't take the fall in his hometown.

Also, Alicia FAWWWWKS eating flowers.  I... yeah.

I have the same problem with Neville that I have with Asuka as NXT womens champion: I don't see anybody credible who should take the title off of him in the near future.  Of course, when 205 Live started, I told a friend of mine that they should just stick Neville at the top of the cruiserweight division and let him carry it.  So that might be a bit of bias on my part.

Tozawa has big star potential, so does Dar. Great episode! Kendrick is an awesome dickish heel.

I think they should do a 4 team trios tournament. Spread it out over a few weeks . The winners all get title shots at Neville. Then he beats all three in 3 weeks.

5 minutes ago, Matt788 said:

Tozawa has big star potential, so does Dar. Great episode! Kendrick is an awesome dickish heel.

I think they should do a 4 team trios tournament. Spread it out over a few weeks . The winners all get title shots at Neville. Then he beats all three in 3 weeks.

Noam Dar has big star potential?

Ooooook.